Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
You should be able to just double-click them. Once the game is installed, Windows knows what to do with the .sims2pack file extension.

Or you can install the sims2pack clean installer, which will handle it and let you select what stuff gets installed. (For example, if you want a sim but not all of the CC they come bundled with.)

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

I tried using that program, and it put some files that I guess were contained in the sims2pack in some teleport folder, and I moved those over to where my cc in installed, but it didn't install the actual lot. is there anyway for me to get this lot into my game? I really want this carnival
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 5:30 PM Last edited by marka93 : 17th Jul 2014 at 5:47 PM.
You don't move them all you got to do is start up your game after install sims2packs. The teleport folder is a temp place for those files and when you run your game the game will move them to where they need to be.

ADD: Since the UC is newer you will need to set the path of the Clean Installer so it will install to the right place other wise you need to put any files in the EA folder like Download folder into your UC Download folder and the folder that says Teleport will need to go into the UC folder.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#53 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 1:01 PM
I've been on this site for over a year (though I've been a lurker since it first opened) and I figured I'd be more active now that there's all this Sims 2 stuff happening. I don't mind 3, it's not offensive or anything, I just prefer 2.

~Sim addict since 2001.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 1:57 PM
Has anyone tested CEP with UC? If it works, do I need to use the manual installer? Thank you.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#55 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 2:04 PM
Yes you will need to do a manual install of CEP.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#56 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
But only if you have the game through Origin, is my understanding- all my games are not.

The only thing I bought on Origin was Castaway Stories. They asked for my base game code and the answer to the 'secret question'. That was it, except for about 30-45 minutes wait on live chat.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#57 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 4:16 AM
So, did they update it for Windows 8 yet?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
#58 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If they put it out as a hard copy, I think I'd rather prefer that one. I'm not too fond of Origin... Although, having a free backup of the games would be nice.

Heh, in my case I just installed Origin for the sole purpose of installing TS2 and deleting the client afterwards. :P
Scholar
#59 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blakegriplingph
Heh, in my case I just installed Origin for the sole purpose of installing TS2 and deleting the client afterwards. :P

Does your game still work with Origin uninstalled? A lot of people would like to know.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:50 PM
Are there any plans to rework the AGS so that it will support the UC (since this is what any new TS2 players -- and a lot of veterans -- will be using from now on)? I downloaded the UC and it installed itself... and now the game is basically unusable because my computer can't handle it. (It took between 30 and 45 minutes just to load the stupid game last night... with a nearly empty Downloads folder.)

It looks like I'm going to have to blow everything away and reinstall from the disks... which I did not want to do because running anything from my DVD drive makes my laptop extremely hot. I had been running one of the smaller collections just from my hard drive. And now that the UC has overwritten everything, I'm stuck.

Did EA do this just to frustrate us so much that we'd give up on TS2 and buy TS4 instead?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:30 PM
Been a Sims 2 fan since 2008. So not new BUT getting to take my Sims 2 everywhere now since I have all the hard copy...Oh I am good!~

On the plane or on the train my Sims 2 will follow where ever I go.

:D
Mad Poster
#62 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
What are your hopes and plans?

Plans is a BACC with the überhood setup. Hopes to be able to stick with it for longer than two seconds. I don't know why but with TS2 hoods I've always been a serial restarter.

I currently only have a few mods and default skin. Having no CC objects really makes decorating a depressing task. But I'm trying to do the whole, take it slow approach. TS3 is still my main game while TS2 is my more casual game. For example today I was playing it while I was waiting for TS3 to load.
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:30 PM
Sims 2 was my first 'real' Sims game. Prior to it I'd had games on the PS2 but they don't really count to me any more, LOL. When TS3 came out, I moved on. While I still have my Sims 2 discs downstairs, I didn't have all the expansions nor stuff packs. Now I have ALL THE SIMS 2 GAMES and I don't even need to switch discs out when I want to play it (I'd need to have my dad or someone else do it for me, #disabilityproblems). I'm really really happy; this is really a dream come true.

"Just once, can you two behave like grown ups?" "We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants. I wouldn't hold out too much hope."
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FloridaDark
I've been on this site for over a year (though I've been a lurker since it first opened) and I figured I'd be more active now that there's all this Sims 2 stuff happening. I don't mind 3, it's not offensive or anything, I just prefer 2.

Me too! I started with 3, got a few ep's but eventually played it less and less. Now that I can see what all the fuss was about for Sims 2, I love it more than 3. Sims 2 with all the EP's and SP's runs better on my laptop at the highest settings than Sims 3 with just a few EP's. And there is so much more to do, and it looks great!

I was excited about Sims 4, but with all the stuff being taken out and all the other bad news about it, I'm going to pretend my brand new copy of 2 is 4. It has toddler's, pool, car/hair animations, and a whole bunch of other stuff that will be missing from 4.

I don't post much, too shy.

Field Researcher
#65 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 11:22 PM
I don't think I've ever posted in the Sims 2 section here, but I'm playing it again as well. Not sure what I'm going to do after my downloading frenzy; I'm used to computers that can barely run the thing, let alone support a large amount of CC. No longer a problem there. So I'm going to spend quite a while gaping at the details and textures of the game itself and the beauty of everything I download, then settle down to something long-term like Prosperity or BACC.
Scholar
#66 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:07 AM
I'm downloading TS2 as I type this. I just hope it lives up to my nostalgic memories.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Test Subject
#67 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 4:43 AM
I had been lurking this forum every now and then, and luckily I did recently or else I wouldn't have known about the UC! This actually works out quite well for me, as my laptop is falling apart (literally, "5" and "c" keys are halfway removed) and I was looking to transition to some other computer. I was not thrilled about reinstalling Sims 2 but hopefully this will make it less painful. And, while I already own all EPs, I don't have any SPs besides the Fun with Pets ones, so this is great because those can be very hard to find now.

I plan on doing a clean start this time. I know lots of people here have more CC, but for me, I had downloaded roughly 1000 different Bodyshop CC (skins, eyes, makeup, hair). It was great fun but I would rather have a faster game now. So I won't download any CC, just essential mods (MATY Director's Cut, ACR, a few other hacks). I may start over with Warwickshire, or maybe do the Apocalypse finally...
Field Researcher
#68 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:52 AM
I was way too eager to get my copy because sims 2 stopped loading for me a few years ago. I spent months trying to resolve it with countless techs who made countless suggestions and tried every trick in the book. Eventually, the best offer one had was to give me sims 3 and two eps of my choice. I tried it, hated it. I got mre eps, hated it a little less. Got mods and that helped, but I couldnt stop thinking about sims 2. I was worried that after the looooooooong download that even the ultimate collection wouldnt run. But t did! I couldnt believe after all these years, my beloved sims 2 is back.
Scholar
#69 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 12:44 AM
Wow, I'm really amazed. The game is running phenomenally on my low power laptop. Not a single bit of lag and the loading time isn't bad at all. It's pretty fun for a bit but I really miss my CAST. Making houses isn't fun without a bit more customization.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#70 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:51 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 30th Jul 2014 at 10:20 PM.
*This doesn't sound important but...*

I can't believe that there actually 200something+ people who are in the Sims 2 forum section!

The UC certainly did have its effect on people!

Keep 'em coming!
Instructor
#71 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:02 AM
I have a feeling that maybe they took our suggestions to release copies of TS2 with all the tools in it from the other games or just a re-sale because TS2 has done the best out of any of the games and that's because IT IS the best the graphics is perfect, more flexibility and there is no unessicary options like TS3, it's fine the way it is, i'm not about to buy TS3 when i have the right version here . The UC actually runs better than my disc copies lol so much faster and no choppyness with the entrance movie ether, it still freezes when trying to load in full screen though, i didn't have all the expansions ether and my Open for buisness broke too the disc suck they crack so easily, i didn't even touch one of them i left all my expansions safe in my cases and low and behold i open nightlife and it's cracked down the middle, it strangly still works though but they definitely left too many glitches the last time they sold TS2.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pygsmyemm
I have a feeling that maybe they took our suggestions to release copies of TS2 with all the tools in it from the other games or just a re-sale because TS2 has done the best out of any of the games and that's because IT IS the best .

I don't think for a second EA released TS2 because of their kind hearts. They released it because you need Origin to download. I've seen so many people say they caved in to Origin to get this package. They might have uninstalled Origin later but they took the first step. The next time there is something on Origin they want, they will think, "well Origin wasn't so bad I might as well".

TS4 is still coming as a hard copy but it's only a matter of time before having a disc is nostalgia.
Test Subject
#73 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 7:20 AM
I've never left. TS2 is the best in my opinion and it seems I will be keeping that opinion even when TS4 comes out considering all the talk about it. However, I am happy if this move by EA brought people back to the game! woot! I didn't download the Ultimate Collection because of all the problems people been having. I'm only missing two stuff packs so it's not worth the frustration. However, I did redeem the code and it is in my library if I ever need it... That would be most likely to be when I change to a new computer and have to go through the installing anyways.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 7:59 AM
Even though I played TS2 all the time on my laptop, with the discs, I couldn't get it to work on my desktop (it kept blinking incessently) and now with the ultimate collection it works on my desktop! Which is much better! Faster, better graphics, bigger monitor! I love it!

I am sorry to those that can't play it for whatever reason

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#75 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 7:25 PM
I've played sims since about...two years ago and have had two or three expansion packs. I was so excited when I heard they were releasing ALL the expansion/stuff packs, for FREE! I literally went wild, installed them all, and am now really getting into it. Also, I joined modthesims.info after getting the ultimate collection, so yeah Before UC, I typically downloaded lots of custom content from here but didn't join until just yesterday. Now, I can honestly say I love the people and forums! I'm so glad! (Also, because I was just about to buy two expansion packs...saves me lotsa money )
Page 3 of 3