Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 11:04 AM
Default What's your favourite Vampire movie/TV series/book?
So, I've noticed that in recent years vampires seem to have gained popularity in modern culture. Even so, there have been plenty of old movies made about our favourite creatures as well! So what's your favourite movie or TV series or book about vampires?

For me, I'm a total True Blood junkie. I love the Sookie Stackhouse series, and I love the TV series now. They're both amazing in my opinion, and they don't murder the myths about vampires.

So what's yours?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 11:05 AM
True Blood ^.^

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 11:24 AM
I really can't name an absolute favorite. I like them all for different reasons. Except Twilight (the movie, haven't read the books). Although I do enjoy the movie from a girly-hate-to-admit-I-love-chick-flicks point of view, I outright reject it as a vampire movie.

I love the original stuff, Nosferatu, Bela Lugosi as Dracula, cheesy 80s b movies (Fright Night, Once Bitten, Vamp, Near Dark, Lost Boys, The Hunger). I also love the more modern movies what with all the great special effects. Blade I, II, III, John Carpenter's Vampires/Los Muertos, Underworld, Dracula 2000 & sequels. I have to admit, I will watch any vampire movie and generally love it, but those with sexy actors half naked, I'm sold.

I also love all the vampire tv shows except Buffy and Angel. Well, maybe Angel, but only because of David Boreanaz, tall, dark, and brooding, yum!

As far as books go, if I've read them, I love them. That being said, I refuse to read that bile that is Twilight.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 11:41 AM
I read Twilight, but I didn't enjoy it. I found it tedious, predictable and S. Meyer ruined all the vampire myths around. As that avatar says, Vampires DO NOT sparkle in the sun. They burn.
I'm after some other vampire books to read. I've read Interview with a Vampire, but I, surprisngly enough, didn't fall in love with it like I expected to. Any suggestions?
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:06 PM
Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, awesome... although it may be a bit "adult" at times for you, haha

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:07 PM
How much more adult than True Blood and The Sookie Stackhouse series ? They're preeeeeetty "adult".
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:09 PM
I don't know, I haven't read those.

Scholar
#8 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:09 PM
Well, actually, I started to read them, but found the writing to be extremely sub-par. I couldn't get past the first chapter.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:10 PM
The books are very...detailed. The writing isn't fantastic, but I still love the story. Besides, in the books, Eric is so crazy awesome it hurts.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:56 PM
I is making mom get them for me when I have sucessfully forced Apartment Life out of her. ^.^

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#11 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:26 AM
I like watching movies where the vampire is the hero and not the bad. I saw several of vampire movies "Interview with a Vampire," "Dracula" and I do not remember the name of the others ...
The last I saw was the "Twilight" and I think is my favourite even though is a soft vampire movie , now I'm reading the book and I like
Scholar
#12 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:28 AM
I find I enjoy movies even when the vamp is the bad guy, simply because they're usually hotter XD

Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:32 AM
I hope you find the books much better than the movie, like they are.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#14 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:02 PM
Scholar
#15 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:13 PM
!!!!!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:14 PM
Definitely. They. Do. Not. Sparkle.
I prefer a real vampire .
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:14 PM
Haha

Edward Cullen fucking sucks.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#18 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:17 PM
Ok maybe with a bit of blood was better and loved seeing him with the vampire teeth
Mad Poster
#19 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:20 PM
Vampire teeth?
Where?
He doesn't have vampire teeth, that's why he isn't a vampire.
Stupid no fangs sparkly pretty boy played by one of the ugliest actors ever.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#20 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:22 PM
Yes, but I want him to have...
Theorist
#21 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:24 PM
I don't like Edward appearance I like the personality... I like mystery...
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:26 PM
that's whats most annoying about him...
lol..............

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:28 PM
I find the stalkerish and over protective and tool-ness of him unbelievably irritating. Not once during the books did I think him mildly attractive in anyway. I am so not what people expect a 14 year old girl to be XD
Scholar
#24 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:28 PM
Eh, I may hate the ideas behind it, but I love Robert Pattinson and being all pale and brooding just makes him that much hotter

And yeah, I really hate that he's so freaking obsessed with mary-sue, one of the characters many faults

Theorist
#25 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:29 PM

Page 1 of 5