Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 6:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Adopting a baby via the Tombstone
I really hope this one will have a quick and easy solution! I'm playing a fostering/adoption challenge. The 'foster parent' had the baby placed with them through calling to adopt. Then I created another Sim in a different household to be the new adoptive parent. I used the tombstone to summon the baby from the foster carer's house to the adopters. Now's the tricky bit - how do I have the baby recognise the new adopter as its parent, rather than the old foster carer?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 6:46 PM
You could use the SimBlender for that. It has an option to change the family relationships. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0

You can also change it in SimPE but the Blender lets you do it in game. It also has a 'put up for adoption' option which will add a baby (toddler/child) to the adoption pool - not necessarily what you want in this situation but useful anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:14 PM
I use the Simlogical cat statue to move in, then set family flags with the simblender. The Sim manipulator and Insim probably can do this too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~