Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1926 Old 1st May 2014 at 5:58 PM
@DitzyEkko, are you planning on removing RS for the time being or are you gonna keep it?
@cespencer7, that's really bad. I should really back up mine.
@Sepherane, like VP and lbsgirl24, I also set their funds to the $3000 after I got everything for the lot.

I have also updated my challenge.

Check out my ToT neighborhood Hoohoo. Last updated: February 2, 2020
Family Trees
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1927 Old 1st May 2014 at 9:36 PM Last edited by LauriMizutani : 1st May 2014 at 9:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to fix a space holder.
cespencer7: That definitely sucks. I hope you'll be back up and running asap.

Yeah I also build/buy what they need and then adjust to 3k, but I don't use family funds. Because of the limitations of the cheat, I give all my families Christianlov's wallet token controller so that money transfers/taxes etc can be done simply. So when I get done with the house/move them in, I use the deposit command to get them as close to 3k as I can. Of course theoretically they still have access to the money, I almost never have them get it. There's seldom any need. Although I think one family might have dipped into it a little early on when the screaming babies were driving me crazy so they could buy cribs/blankets for them. I doubt I'll need the money any time soon in the Roman age, but if I do, the story I'm going with is that their ancestors buried it in case of an emergency. :D
Lab Assistant
#1928 Old 7th May 2014 at 1:30 AM
So I just had my first case of treason (when a slave or pleb attacks a patrician or higher). Boyu Egnatius decided he had had enough of his sister Juna poking and pushing him, and he didn't care that she was married to the Emperor's grandson (not in line for the throne). He attacked her and killed her, but there were too many witnesses and he was taken to the Colosseum and burned to death. His wife was pregnant at the time, and shortly after gave birth to triplets. In order to help sponge the stain from the family she agreed to become a priestess and be a guardian to the two young vestal virgins. Of course she hasn't realized yet that the comfort she found in her father-in-law's arms resulted in the conception of twins. She'll find out after she gets to the temple. *sigh* My hood is such a soap opera. :D
Lab Assistant
#1929 Old 7th May 2014 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauriMizutani
So I just had my first case of treason (when a slave or pleb attacks a patrician or higher). Boyu Egnatius decided he had had enough of his sister Juna poking and pushing him, and he didn't care that she was married to the Emperor's grandson (not in line for the throne). He attacked her and killed her, but there were too many witnesses and he was taken to the Colosseum and burned to death. His wife was pregnant at the time, and shortly after gave birth to triplets. In order to help sponge the stain from the family she agreed to become a priestess and be a guardian to the two young vestal virgins. Of course she hasn't realized yet that the comfort she found in her father-in-law's arms resulted in the conception of twins. She'll find out after she gets to the temple. *sigh* My hood is such a soap opera. :D

Hahaha, mine has a bit of soapy stuff going on, too! But you have to have some excitement, or it just becomes back-to-back babies and people dying!

In the round I'm about to update now, one of my sims slept with her sister's husband and had his baby, but he's an ambitious orphan who wants to rise to at least the patrician level, so he's trying to sire as many sons as he can. He actually has 4 now, which is more than anyone else in the hood, but... we'll see how many survive. :\

i'm also not totally sure how to go about setting up additional households with the same last name, since i'm not sure how that works with the family funds cheat. But I'm going to have to find out soon, 'cause a couple of my households are running out of room.

The Test of Time Challenge BLOG
Sims 4 stories blog HERE
Lab Assistant
#1930 Old 8th May 2014 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samd440
i'm also not totally sure how to go about setting up additional households with the same last name, since i'm not sure how that works with the family funds cheat. But I'm going to have to find out soon, 'cause a couple of my households are running out of room.

Basically, as far as I've experienced, if you have more than one family with the same name, family funds doesn't work for that name. However, I have not tested it to see if it's based on the sim's last name, or if it's based on the "family" name (the name you see on the loading screen or the family selector when you click on their house). If it's based on the "family" name (and you have some way of changing names), then you could change the name of the person moving out to something unique, move them out, and then change the name back again if you want to after the move. If it's based on a sim's last name, you could try changing his/her last name slightly or make some variation of the last name for the new family. As I said though, I'm honestly not sure which name screws things up, and rather than testing it out, I just got a mod that allows me to move money without the cheat.

I wish you the best with whatever you do!
Field Researcher
#1931 Old 8th May 2014 at 9:03 PM
FamilyFunds in neighborhood view stops working for families with the same last name. If the Thomas family has three kids and all three move out on their own (thus producing 4 Thomas households) the cheat won't know which Thomas family to target and won't work. Even if you create a different Thomas family (maybe this couple is made up of elders while the other one isn't) the cheat won't be able to target a family.

It might be thinking something like, "what Thomas do you want to give this money to? Amy Thomas? Brad Thomas? Jasper and Wanda Thomas? Freddy Thomas? Not happening!"

Household names are set, basically, until you move a family out and back in or to a new location. So if your Amy Thomas marries Lauren Paxton, the household name will be Thomas until they're moved. Or if Lauren Paxton lived in the house first but marries into the Thomas name, the household name will be Paxton until the household is moved.

To bypass this I (think) you have two options. Option 1 and the one I use is what I call a "roommate" option. I'll make a random family with a last name I'll never use again (the kjdka family, for example) with one single person, move them into the house I want to move the subject that is part of another family or has the same last name as someone into, and when doing family funds in neighborhood view, I just have to enter family kjdka name instead. The only problem with this method comes if you want to move your "roommate" out, because then they would recreate the multiple family name problem again. It can be a pain in the ass if you don't want your "roommate" to just die.

Option 2 is just moving your sim into an empty lot and doing money cheats there. I believe that once you move a sim onto a lot, you can enter it and use "familyfunds" in that household specifically. However that doesn't help in neighborhood view, so if you want to modify your familyfunds from there option 1 is handy.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Instructor
#1932 Old 9th May 2014 at 2:52 AM
I thought it targeted the newest household with that name... It seems to work that way for me anyway.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Lab Assistant
#1933 Old 9th May 2014 at 3:31 AM
Would it work if, before moving my sim out, I changed (for example) Michael Hamilton to Michael Hamilton1? That way the new household would be Hamilton1, then I could change his name back to Hamilton once he is moved into the new home? Or will that not work?

The Test of Time Challenge BLOG
Sims 4 stories blog HERE
Field Researcher
#1934 Old 9th May 2014 at 4:37 AM
Samd, (with the experiences I have) that will work just fine. Or at least it should, as the household name is different and can easily be told apart. On the neighborhood screen you'll have the Hamilton family, and the Hamilton1 family; but if you forget to change either of their names when you have them move next the family names thing will happen.

lbsgirl, I never paid enough attention to detail as to whether it works for the newest household, or doesn't work at all. It's been my experience that the cheat just flat out doesn't work, but if it works for you then it may just be that I haven't paid enough attention to where the money is going!

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Lab Assistant
#1935 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sanypsia
I believe that once you move a sim onto a lot, you can enter it and use "familyfunds" in that household specifically. However that doesn't help in neighborhood view, so if you want to modify your familyfunds from there option 1 is handy.

Actually, for me any way, that doesn't work. I've never had any luck using familyfunds if there is more than one family with that name.
Field Researcher
#1936 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:37 AM Last edited by TheFlyingRaccoon : 9th May 2014 at 2:32 PM.
For me, the easiest way is definitely changing the household name in SimPe. I simply let the family members that leave the main household move in in their new home and then make the changement in SimPe. If for example the main household is called Thomas, all satellite households are called Thomas1, Thomas2, etc. And no problems whatsoever with familyFunds.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Inventor
#1937 Old 9th May 2014 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samd440
Would it work if, before moving my sim out, I changed (for example) Michael Hamilton to Michael Hamilton1? That way the new household would be Hamilton1, then I could change his name back to Hamilton once he is moved into the new home? Or will that not work?
Why did I never think of this? I was using placeholder sims that had the last name I wanted for the household, moving the satellite family in then killing the placeholder. This will save me sooooo many unnecessary sim files. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#1938 Old 14th May 2014 at 9:48 AM Last edited by LauriMizutani : 14th May 2014 at 9:55 AM. Reason: Needed to add a couple of names.
Just a little update. Tarquinius Gallus, eldest son of Woont Gallus, who is the eldest son of the Emperor (fancy way of saying he's second in line to the throne unless something happens to his father before his grandfather dies in 2 sim days) got married this rotation. He wife Pomponia was 0 hours into her pregnancy when they were married, and the father was not Tarquinius. Before Tarquinius got around to consummating the marriage, he took the servant girl, Horatia Iunius to bed first. She got pregnant. Pomponia gave birth to twins a boy (Cassianus) and a girl (Livia), who by my rules will be legitimate heirs; Horatia gave birth to a single boy (Augustinus), who by my rules will be her husband's (whoever that turns out to be) heir. I know I'll probably just stick with my rules, but part of me wants a bloody civil war that threatens to tear Rome to it's foundations!
Field Researcher
#1939 Old 17th May 2014 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisrouge
@DitzyEkko, are you planning on removing RS for the time being or are you gonna keep it?
I have also updated my challenge.

I will keep realistic sickness. I also have ACR and ability to "cure all" if I really need to. I usually let the sickness go for 2 full weeks and do its damage, unless I get really scared and stop it at 1 week.

I also have a mod preventing SOCIAL WORKER, thats how I have so many orphans living alone. For dark ages, I will bring social worker back

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Field Researcher
#1940 Old 17th May 2014 at 2:45 PM Last edited by DitzyEkko : 22nd May 2014 at 10:36 PM.
Default Almost To Dark Ages
I got so excited, I thought I was there. I do my rotations Monday 6am-Thurs 6am then Thurs 6am-Monday 6am. I got the pop up that Princess Fedora was gonna age to adult and I just couldn't wait so I played one day longer. Then I remember Princess Fedora is of the wrong generation. I'm waiting on Princess Lais. URGH. So my rotation is off and it will be another sim week (at least).

I've also modified the Dark Ages rules. There was too much "kill the whole family". I can't afford that.

Monarchs:
1) Live in a medium lot clustered around the houses of 2-4 lords and 4-6 vassals.
2) May take any job except Law Enforcement, Politics, and Military. $600 salary cap.
3) If any object above $3,000 is purchased and a Viking walks past the lot, a daughter is kidnapped, and the Viking’s family comes into possession of the object. The daughter can be rescued in a reversal of events.
4) Teenagers must go to school.
5) One of bookcases (cheapest) is allowed.
6) No recreational objects are allowed, aside from the bookcase. This rule applies to any musical instruments, telescopes, chess tables, etc.

Lords:
1) Live in a 3x3 lot.
2) May take any job except Law Enforcement, Politics, and Military, and Intelligence. $400 salary cap.
3) If any object above $3,000 is purchased and a Viking walks past the lot, a son is killed & a daughter is kidnapped, and the Viking’s family comes into possession of the object. The daughter can be rescued in a reversal of events.
4) Teenagers cannot go to school.
5) No recreational objects are allowed.
6) Must give a gift of $1,000 to their Monarch every 7 days.

Vassals:
1) Live in any lot smaller than 3x3.
2) Must make their only income from farming.
3) At least 2 Serfs are required to work as farmers.
4) Must give a gift of $200 to their Lord every 7 days.
5) Teenagers cannot go to school.
6) No recreational objects are allowed.

Serfs:
1) Must have a 50/50 relationship with their Vassal before marrying anyone.
2) Only upon marriage may Serfs leave their Vassal’s land.
3) Teenage Serfs must be sent to work for a Vassal. These Serfs may not attend school and must work as a full-time farmer.
4) If a Viking walks past a house with no Vassal and only Serfs, the male Serfs are killed and the women are kidnapped.
5) Serfs may not get a job, but earn money by any other means necessary.

Vikings:
1) Parents may never befriend their children.
2) If a woman befriends another male Viking, they are forced to reproduce.
3) Anytime someone walks past a Viking’s lot, roll a die or compare BODY SKILL to determine if they are killed. If they are killed then the Viking wins money. If it is a Monarch killed, he is awarded $1,000. If it is a lord, $700. If it is a Vassal, $200. Serfs are killed anyways, but no money is gained. If another Viking walks past, then he/she is not killed. If the walk-by is the victor then the Viking will be killed and all prisoners (Princesses, Ladies, or Serf women are rescued) and the walk-by is granted a grander title or money. If the hero is a non-heir Prince, he gets his own kingdom. If the hero is a non-heir Lord, he gets his own lordship.
4) Vikings may take jobs in the Criminal Career only, salary cap $500
5) No recreational objects are allowed.
6) Teenagers cannot go to school.
7) Women must marry.

Also my number of baby Heads of Household is probably the most it has ever been. Grand Duke Paris Vatinus is 13, Grand Duke Hadrian II Aelius is about 10, Alcides Porphyrius is 13, and Dionysis Eulogius is 20. I lost track of the slave heads of household. Manlius would probably be 13 year old Neola, Junius is probably 2 year old Anticlea, 10 year old Ara Joque, 10 year old Jaime Aspir, .... You get the drift.

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Lab Assistant
#1941 Old 17th May 2014 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DitzyEkko
I got so excited, I thought I was there. I do my rotations Monday 6am-Thurs 6am then Thurs 6am-Monday 6am. I got the pop up that Princess Fedora was gonna age to adult and I just couldn't wait so I played one day longer. Then I remember Princess Fedora is of the wrong generation. I'm waiting on Princess Lais. URGH. So my rotation is off and it will be another sim week (at least).

I've also modified the Dark Ages rules. There was too much "kill the whole family". I can't afford that.

First, congrats on being that close! Second, I'm so tempted to start a separate hood now just using your modified Dark Ages rules. But the last thing I need is another hood to play.
Test Subject
#1942 Old 24th May 2014 at 10:32 PM
i love to do the challenge but i dont have seasons so i modified teh rules so the male can get a job in politics (aka go to the tribal center) to get money and they can order groceries(aka get food from another tribe cause they dont have good farming grounds) clever right
Lab Assistant
#1943 Old 25th May 2014 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jckgwk
i love to do the challenge but i dont have seasons so i modified teh rules so the male can get a job in politics (aka go to the tribal center) to get money and they can order groceries(aka get food from another tribe cause they dont have good farming grounds) clever right
Sounds good to me.
Lab Assistant
#1944 Old 25th May 2014 at 6:38 AM
Someone may have asked this, but does every new civilization have to have a new subhood? So how do I go about doing that? Because there is more than one class in one civilization. Are all the classes in one hood?
Lab Assistant
#1945 Old 25th May 2014 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnymph
Someone may have asked this, but does every new civilization have to have a new subhood? So how do I go about doing that? Because there is more than one class in one civilization. Are all the classes in one hood?
As far as I know you do not have to make a new subhood for each era/civilization change. You could if you wanted to. Personally, I just plan to remodel the same hood at each change. If you do decide to make a new subhood for each change, I would make the hood ahead of time, and then just move all your sims to the new hood when the time comes. I would also consider rather than making a new subhood each change just have a main hood and a subhood. While your sims are living in the subhood, remodel the main hood for the next civilization, and vice versa. Another idea if you want to have a fresh hood each time, is to have a completely fresh main hood for each civilization, and when the time comes to change hoods, clone your sims, and then move them to the new hood. Of course if you use this last option, you'll want to make sure that there are no infants, because you can't clone them (or perhaps you can't clone them easily, I'm not sure). If you want to keep any recessives, make sure to jot them down too.

As for your second question, yes, you keep all the classes in the same hood.

Hope that helped!
Lab Assistant
#1946 Old 26th May 2014 at 10:47 PM
Okay, so I don't want no roads and no traffic. What do I do? I know I'm not done building my hood, so would that cause a conflict?
Inventor
#1947 Old 27th May 2014 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnymph
Okay, so I don't want no roads and no traffic. What do I do? I know I'm not done building my hood, so would that cause a conflict?
I've seen some default replacements that can take care of this for you, but I just woke up and my brain is too fuzzy to find them at the moment. Searching "medieval" might help you. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#1948 Old 27th May 2014 at 6:44 PM
Default Hi!
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
I'm going to give this challenge a go since I need a change of pace from my normal playing which has gotten rather boring and all of you seem to be having a lot of fun. However since historical stuff doesn't appeal to me, I'm going to alter things just a bit. I'll stick to the rules as much as I can, but like VT has his/her mutants, mine will be a group of aliens sent out from their dying home planet to colonize elsewhere. And they crash landed in my sim game, thus destroying any alien technology they posses. I'll get started just as soon as I finish organizing my DLs folder, which is rather large and only organized by the site I found the item on, thus leading to great headaches trying to find a single piece of content. However I'm almost (i hope!) finished so should be able to start playing this tomorrow, but hopefully later today. Anyway, off to play with Delphy's Download Organizer.

Two questions: One: hacks are allowed right? 'Cause my game is rather heavily hacked to squelch alot of sim annoyances. And Two: when splitting children off to their own households and assigning them the same amount of funds as their parent household, is that number the amount in the bank or the household's net worth (as visible from neighborhood view)? those tend to be very different numbers (especially as the value of household possessions get larger).

Thanks and I'll be back later (or tomorrow, one or the other) ~VP

I know that this is off topic, but how did u get the chat box on your weebly?
Lab Assistant
#1949 Old 27th May 2014 at 7:06 PM
Default Off-topic
Quote: Originally posted by taliahneth
@DitzyEkko - I'm curious as to how you are playing since you have reached Roman Era so quickly. O_< As far as your question about which male to make Emperor - the richest family are the Emperor family, therefore the eldest male in that family is the Emperor. If you have, for example, say Mum, Dad, and a male toddler as the richest family, then the Dad is the Emperor and the toddler is his heir therefore becomes the Emperor when the Dad dies.

I've played as - my original five starting familes are Gen1, their kids are Gen2, and then their grandkids are Gen3 and it's Gen3 that starts the Roman Era. If that make sense - it's the 2ND lot of kids that are the Roman Era, not the first.

Heres a link to my site - http://tempustemporis.weebly.com

A virus ate my execution files and I haven't been game to try opening the sims2 since it did that for fear they will be DEAD, but ya know~ >_> stuff happens. Before that I was in my last round, 2 families away from the Roman Era, and I'm playing with ST's original rules because they appeal to me the most. ^_^ I wonder if Anna has come back from her traitorous other game (said by the total hypocrite still drooling over TS3 LoL)

taliah~

I was wondering, when I went to your site, I seen you had talleid up the sims' funds. What do you mean by rounds? How long is a round? I wanna make sure I'm doing this right.

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Field Researcher
#1950 Old 27th May 2014 at 7:44 PM
When you're playing a hood with several households, like in this challenge, you normally want that they all stay synchronised, you want them all to get older at the same rhythm. That's why you play one household after the other (if possible in the same order) for a certain number of days. And that number of days is one round. Most of us play either with 1, 5 (one saison) or 7 day rounds. When you finished playing one round in each household than you've finished one rotation in your hood.

And there isn't a way to do this wrong, bnymph. Each one of us here has adjusted the rules to his play style. Just play the challenge how you feel most comfortable. After all, the main reason to play sims is having fun and not worrying all the time about making things 'right'. I'd suggest simply starting to create your five founding families, get some neanderthal CC (only if you want of course) and then start playing. Things will sort out as you advance. And don't start worrying about future eras before you actually are close to the transition, otherwise you're going crazy with all those rules.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Page 78 of 128