Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:03 PM
Default is sims 4 worth its price?
should I wait for a price drop? or nah?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:08 PM
Well, at full price, buying the premium base game and all DLC is gonna cost you $430 if you include pets.

Since the base game is pretty much a blank canvas this time around, you're gonna get as much use out of it as the VOCALOID software with no voice bank. So the DLC is pretty much necessary for some basic functionality.

Perhaps that will help you decide.
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:24 PM
I say it all depends on how much you're willing to spend on SPs, GPs and expansions. Generally speaking, the Game Packs offer the most fleshed out (and fun) content for their asking price. If you get the base game at a discount, I would spend the money saved on one of the GPs. Depending on your playstyle, I'd recommend Parenthood and/or Vampires. Dine Out is also one of the better additions this time around.

There might be some kind of promotional price drop around the time of the launch of Cats & Dogs. If you already know you would want to play with pets, I would wait for the expansion (and its reviews) to hit before making a purchase.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:33 PM
If you've played the trial (I think it's still available) I would.
If you have played it and aren't rushing off to buy the game in excitment. I would wait for a sale.

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:59 PM
I got it at half off and haven't played it since December of last year if thats any help
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
as the VOCALOID software with no voice bank.

That's a digital music workstation without any instruments or samples, for the non-weebs among us.
No offense intended ShigemiNotoge

But yeah, I'm an expert on wasting money and even I have my doubts about TS4.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:29 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 20th Sep 2017 at 1:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
You should wait for the other shoe to drop.

My god, I thought you died. Welcome back?

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
That's a digital music workstation without any instruments or samples, for the non-weebs among us.
No offense intended ShigemiNotoge

Yeah that. I'll go back in the closet now.

GOD Anime sucks! <.<;\ /;>.>

ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ᵖᵒᶦⁿᵗ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒʳᶦᵍᶦⁿᵃˡ ᵛᵒᶜᵃˡᵒᶦᵈˢ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵉˣᶜˡᵘˢᶦᵛᵉˡʸ ᴱⁿᵍˡᶦˢʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴶᵃᵖᵃⁿ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵖᵒᵖᵘˡᵃʳᶦˢᵉᵈ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᴿᴵᴾ
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:53 AM
TS4 is a car without wheels, an engine, or gasoline. It's a cheeseburger without meat, onions, or cheese.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:15 AM
I like it and have played it enough to justify the purchase price. Whether it is worth it or not to you depends on your circumstances and your tastes. The second part is hard to predict. It is better with the added on content and not just in terms of how much more your Sims can put on their backs or in their homes, but the added game mechanics that come with the expansions. There are often deals if price is the consideration.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#10 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 2:19 AM
No, no it is not.

If you buy it at all, buy it on sale at the lowest price EA is capable of offering you without imploding from the toxic taint of generosity, then prepare yourself for disappointment and betrayal at every turn.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 2:50 PM
Invest the money, for a nice trip to Brazil well i would.
Alchemist
#12 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Well, at full price, buying the premium base game and all DLC is gonna cost you $430 if you include pets.

Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
There might be some kind of promotional price drop around the time of the launch of Cats & Dogs. If you already know you would want to play with pets, I would wait for the expansion (and its reviews) to hit before making a purchase.

Wow I really haven't been paying attention to the game. There's a Pets expansion coming out?
Instructor
#13 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
There's a Pets expansion coming out?

Yeah. It looks like crap.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 4:35 AM
To some extent? I'd honestly just wait until Origin has a sale. I haven't bought any of the games full-price, I don't think they're worth the full price.
Theorist
#15 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaylaRox
To some extent? I'd honestly just wait until Origin has a sale. I haven't bought any of the games full-price, I don't think they're worth the full price.

Considering how much DLC you need to make it remotely playable I think they're barely even worth the sale price :\
Scholar
#16 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 1:36 AM
C&D 30% off, from where I'm from (Australia), I unsure how it works everywhere else, that's about the price of a GP. (I'm so glad I waited!)

Good Holidays deals are on till at least Jan 12th

Better deal i've seen if you don't own the game at all.
The Sims 4 Plus Cats & Dogs Bundle, it's even cheaper than buying the EP alone, and the Base Game is literally Free!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 2:30 AM
Really depends on what you want or expect out of the game. It’s great for making sims, but that’s about all. I personally vote to get everything Sims 4 related at a discounted price (preferably 50+% off). The base game, and the following DLC packs weren’t worth their selling price IMO. City Living (the third EP) definitely isn’t worth $40, or even $20.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 2:45 AM
The base game and the expansions are definitely not worth the full price. Every expansion I've gotten (especially C&D and City Living) I waited until it was at least half off. Because they're all half-assed. Most of the game packs and stuff packs are worth the full price though.

The Receptacle still lives!