Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Sneak Preview of Project CRUMB - posted on 21st May 2017 at 7:32 PM
Replies: 3441 (Who?), Viewed: 111419 times.
Page 138 of 138
Forum Resident
#3426 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaminna
Does anyone else read CCleaner as CC-cleaner?

I do.

ďSecret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.Ē
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Forum Resident
#3427 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:58 AM
I've actually heard people pronounce it that way in real life. Great little program!
Lab Assistant
#3428 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:38 PM
I installed a mod yesterday so my sims would answer the door on their own. The Aspir family is in my rotation, so I loaded the family and went to make more coffee. I come back to find Luis, the elder, macking on THREE chicks at once! I was really surprised til I remembered we found the genie lamp in the attic and he wished for beauty. It's 10:00 pm, do you know where your sims wives are? Hopefully not at the Aspirs'!!

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Scholar
#3429 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:31 AM
I installed No Sim Loaded awhile ago but there are apparently houses I haven't played since I did that. Man, it's like a virus scan saying you have a hundred viruses

Soooo many tokens O.O
Alchemist
#3430 Old 27th May 2017 at 6:08 PM
Haha, I remember when CCleaner first came out, and it was called CrapCleaner. So I always think of it as that, even when they sanitised the name :P

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Mad Poster
#3431 Old Yesterday at 3:49 AM
Wise name change. You don't want a product named crap anything.
Scholar
#3432 Old Yesterday at 3:41 PM
I wanted to take a break from playing and build a little cabin but I'm a total newb when it come to roofs and trying to build an attic with dormers is frustrating me and most building tutorials for the sims 2 are no longer working.

I'm not good at building but its a nice change from playing my families and it relaxes me, I don't want to be frustrated!
Inventor
#3433 Old Yesterday at 6:59 PM
I can never figure out attics either, so I just don't bother.
#3434 Old Yesterday at 8:41 PM
So I was doing research on medieval clothing for something I'm writing, and while looking through Google Images I come across Sims 2 clothing.

Probably Google is adjusting its search results based on my previous search history, but that still came as a surprise.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Caption the picture above you.
Instructor
#3435 Old Yesterday at 10:12 PM
Played TS1, a true gem, for the first time in maybe eight years. I guess it hit me after loading an old lot from 2006 how big of a jump TS2 was from the original that started it all.

ΦΜ. Love, honor, truth.
Never dull your shine for someone else.
Forum Resident
#3436 Old Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Yeah, TS2 introduced a lot of completely new and innovative things compared to TS1. TS3 didnít do much, there was open world and CASt, which extended customisation possibilities, a few new interesting things like scuba diving and tombs, but there wasnít the same Ďwowí factor like TS2 had over TS1, especially that TS3 dropped important things such as aspirations and memories (I donít count that save bloating rubbish they introduces as memories). And TS4 is a step backwards compared to TS2 and TS3, it was complete bare bones without anything substantial at release, and Iím not sure if itís any better now as I donít play it. TS2 was the only that screamed ďimprovementĒ, however itís a shame they dropped awesome magic from TS1.

Simblr
Instructor
#3437 Old Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Totally agree about TS3. I mean, I went from TS1 to TS3 and I couldn't help but be utterly overwhelmed. I had gone from pixel people to full-blown 3D worlds! Then again, I was twelve and everything was overwhelming to me then.

But that's besides the point. Even when I made the switch to TS2 I immediately felt something different. It's gotta be the character and the charm, I'm sure. I loathe TS3 now, actually; I think the last time I ever touched it was in 2014.
I play TS4 whenever I can when I'm at school because it runs pretty nicely on my not-gaming laptop. Personally, I can see why people (particularly those who are diehard TS2 fans) would dislike it, but I enjoy it. Yeah, it's no TS2, and it's definitely lacking in comparison, but the addition of toddlers has made up for at least a little of what was missing.

Overall, TS4 isn't the best in the series, but I thoroughly enjoy it more than TS3. TS2 is where my heart lies, though. It's been amazing to get to play all four installments in the series and see the progression!

ΦΜ. Love, honor, truth.
Never dull your shine for someone else.
Scholar
#3438 Old Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
So I was doing research on medieval clothing for something I'm writing, and while looking through Google Images I come across Sims 2 clothing.

Probably Google is adjusting its search results based on my previous search history, but that still came as a surprise.

I was able to figure it out yay! It was mostly being able to have different roof slope angles that was frustrating me. It took me a few tries but I got it!
Forum Resident
#3439 Old Yesterday at 11:46 PM
I like TS3, not as much as TS2, but Iíve played it a lot and enjoyed it, and Iíll surely play it again at some point, I like it for the things that TS2 doesnít have, like the aforementioned scuba diving and tombs, and CASt really is awesome. But I canít stand those mindless plastic cheaters glued to their phone in TS4, they just feel so empty to me, and everything there seems exaggerated and meaningless, and there are no consequences. I want my sims to have perfect happy lives, but I should reach that and it should feel natural, I donít want them to have wide smiles from ear to ear for the whole day because itís just creepy. And I donít like the look either; sure, itís pretty, but way too plastic for me, and textures and everything seems low quality and has a mobile game feel. And I absolutely loathe the complete lack of customisation there, I canít even place a tree in a hood, forget a lot, I canít create ponds, hills, use CFE... But Iíll probably give it a go after the development is finished if they happen to add something that will interest me, and remove those annoying limitations. The whole game screams limited. Is culling still a thing? I recall having a mod to stop the game to constantly remove sims and generate new ones instead, that just didnít make sense at all. If the game canít handle X sims, why delete one and create 5 new ones instead?
As for TS1, I like it, it has a lot of charm and that nostalgic feel and Iíll surely play it again at some point as I still have it, and Iíd choose it over TS4 any day

Simblr
Inventor
#3440 Old Today at 6:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister

This is why I only search Google, YouTube, etc. using private mode or incognito mode or whatever it's called in my browser. I don't want search engines adjusting my results based on past searches and this way I can block the cookies that they use to do that.

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Alchemist
#3441 Old Today at 7:57 AM
My tip with attics and dormers is to figure out where the full height walls will be and draw the rectangle for the livable space first. Also, don't use the Maxis dormers. You can use them to see where to place them, but then just draw the walls yourself and add roof of your preferred type on top. I can never get their dormers to work and I'm not even sure if the walls are Seasons-proof.

If you get a gap with no walls above the living space just drag an extra roof up there on that level.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Mad Poster
#3442 Old Today at 9:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
This is why I only search Google, YouTube, etc. using private mode or incognito mode or whatever it's called in my browser. I don't want search engines adjusting my results based on past searches and this way I can block the cookies that they use to do that.

But that's really helpful for stuff you visit often. Google always knows what I'm looking for. XD
Page 138 of 138