Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Proposals!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th Mar 2017 at 5:46 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2024 at 1:42 AM by PolarBearSims : Patch Update 11/17/20

400 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 317 Feedback Posts, 82 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 17
Theorist
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
No this is one of these traits that you can equip your houses with! I added it to a nightclub so the environment would autonomously give off a romantic vibe, but I never see my Sim get flirty in this house. It seems like for whatever reason the nightclub traits don't work... Also I added Vampire Nexus to many houses, yet never see vampires coming by, no idea what's going on. It's like the lot traits don't work.

EDIT: I also added a new Sim to Forgotten Hollow and the welcome wagon was 3 days too late, that never happened before either.

Have you removed mods and see if anything works? Is your MCCC updated for your patch level? I've had really weird things happen when my MCCC wasn't updated lol. Since in this mod all I did was change values and a couple interactions after the first interaction is accepted, it shouldn't effect any traits even lot traits. Also this mod doesnt force any flirty moods, they still have to be brought on by conversations or mood so something is stopping the aura from working. Check other mods also and make sure they are updated and not broke from the recent patch
Mad Poster
#52 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 6:28 AM Last edited by christmas fear : 31st Mar 2017 at 6:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
Is the bowling alley with the new pack? I don't have that pack so I can't verify if it conflicts with it.

Also can you be a little more specific on what bar is getting reset?

Also do you have any other mods or are these 2 the only ones?Thank you

It's the bowling pack. It happened on the bar in the lot that they made for it called Oasis Springs Dust Bowl.. the bar is called 'domo arigato bar' and it came with the pack.

The other mods I have are your social and vampire interaction tuning mods and faster showers and baths by you, and auto repair and power nap by LittleMsSam. I'm also testing a child guidance need mod. I'm not sure what would conflict with what. I'm going to run the mod conflict tester with everything and I'll let you know what I find.

edit// I tested it with the mod conflict detector and it said all of your mods conflict basically.

Its odd.
Theorist
Original Poster
#53 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 12:11 PM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 31st Mar 2017 at 1:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
It's the bowling pack. It happened on the bar in the lot that they made for it called Oasis Springs Dust Bowl.. the bar is called 'domo arigato bar' and it came with the pack.

The other mods I have are your social and vampire interaction tuning mods and faster showers and baths by you, and auto repair and power nap by LittleMsSam. I'm also testing a child guidance need mod. I'm not sure what would conflict with what. I'm going to run the mod conflict tester with everything and I'll let you know what I find.

edit// I tested it with the mod conflict detector and it said all of your mods conflict basically.

Its odd.

All my mods are, are Overrides of the original file. The only time they are going to conflict is if another mod modifies the same XML file. All my mods are designed to work together if they happen to change the same file. Example, there is a vampire tuning specifically made for one of the pregnant death flavors. They mention on their page which ones to use. So unless that pack has a change in the xml files it isn't going to conflict. I have had experience in the past with sims 3 detectors not always being accurate and since most of my mods don't change the same files it isn't possible for them to conflict with each other. Also does that detector say they conflict with each other or the game or the pack? Again, I don't have that pack so I can't verify if it conflicts.

Also none of my mods do anything with any objects. So if it's the bar object on the lot messing up it isn't my mods.
Instructor
#54 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 7:44 PM
Uh oh... I just check the mod Romance is fun with WinMerger, it's a program that lets you see differences in two files which are the same. I checked just now my exported files with ALL packs installed and the newest patch. The file that I am looking at right now is called: S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000006FC4.mixer_social_Kiss_targeted_romance_middleScore.InteractionTuning

The whole window is yellow with differences between both files, I see EA decided to change a few lines to look slightly different. I will check what else I can see to be different except your changes of course!

Edit: Hmm I don't know, I do not think these changes are really problematic, I mean there are all these changes to strings etc. but I think these should not make any trouble, so it should be fine!

The Truth is out there!
Theorist
Original Poster
#55 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:04 PM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 1st Apr 2017 at 12:22 AM.
Uh oh... I just check the mod Romance is fun with WinMerger, it's a program that lets you see differences in two files which are the same. I checked just now my exported files with ALL packs installed and the newest patch. The file that I am looking at right now is called: S4_E882D22F_00000000_0000000000006FC4.mixer_social_Kiss_targeted_romance_middleScore.InteractionTuning

The whole window is yellow with differences between both files, I see EA decided to change a few lines to look slightly different. I will check what else I can see to be different except your changes of course!

Edit: Hmm I don't know, I do not think these changes are really problematic, I mean there are all these changes to strings etc. but I think these should not make any trouble, so it should be fine!

Thank you! I've been so busy trying to figure out what is wrong with my sims 3 and now I have hard drive failure that I haven't had a chance to look deeply into it. Thank you bunches Tanja! I will go through and fix then all as soon as I can

Edit: that program makes it so much easier to find differences! Thank you for mentioning it
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#56 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 12:30 AM
I think maybe I fixed my game, because sims were resetting after jogging too. I didn't mean to accuse your mod of doing it. The bar thing just didn't happen after I removed it. I did have 2 really outdated speed mods that I removed and my sims stopped resetting after jogging. Hopefully this fixed my issues.
Theorist
Original Poster
#57 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 12:35 AM Last edited by PolarBearSims : 1st Apr 2017 at 12:46 AM.

I just put those 2 files in you mentioned above and there aren't any differences other than my changes. Are you sure you got the right File?

I think I know on the string wording that you are seeing. In the code anything between <!-- --!> is not read by the game so differences there is ok.
Theorist
Original Poster
#58 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
I think maybe I fixed my game, because sims were resetting after jogging too. I didn't mean to accuse your mod of doing it. The bar thing just didn't happen after I removed it. I did have 2 really outdated speed mods that I removed and my sims stopped resetting after jogging. Hopefully this fixed my issues.

Oh no your ok if we don't ask we never know
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 1:09 PM
is there any way of doing Autonomous first kiss? Thanks
Theorist
Original Poster
#60 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reptonplay
is there any way of doing Autonomous first kiss? Thanks

I can take a look at it and see what changes need to be made
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 11:27 PM
THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!!!!! I've wanted this for forever.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 1:54 PM
THANK YOU!!! I've been always looking for this!!!Sooo good everything, breakups and everything autonomously <3
Please I PRAY YOU keep this awesome mod updated always, I can't play without it anymore! Thanks again :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#63 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 11:54 AM
I'm now bit confused: do I have to download both Proposals and Breakups file and also some of Interactions to it? or just 1 file?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#64 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 11:58 AM
oh and one more thing: since you're good with replacements of interactions, could you make some replacement for "saying I love you" interaction? I hate them reading some damn poems then maybe some whisper would be better?
Theorist
Original Poster
#65 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
I'm now bit confused: do I have to download both Proposals and Breakups file and also some of Interactions to it? or just 1 file?

They come with the more romantic interactions.

If you want to keep the giddy interactions, the files has it in the name "original interactions".

Now on what file to use once you decide what interactions you want is based on what you want. Whether you want breakups or not. Hope that helps
Theorist
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
oh and one more thing: since you're good with replacements of interactions, could you make some replacement for "saying I love you" interaction? I hate them reading some damn poems then maybe some whisper would be better?

I hardly use the reading of the poem bc I just don't care for it. Does it suppose to mean they love the other? I thought it was just a interaction that sort of ment nothing lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 5th May 2017 at 6:39 PM
My sims do not seem to take notice in the autonomous proposals but they have been asking each other just to be friends even when they are in fine moods ;/. I love the idea of this mod, just wish they where pushed abit more harder to first kiss/ ask to be girl/boyfriend etc <3
Theorist
Original Poster
#68 Old 5th May 2017 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon01
My sims do not seem to take notice in the autonomous proposals but they have been asking each other just to be friends even when they are in fine moods ;/. I love the idea of this mod, just wish they where pushed abit more harder to first kiss/ ask to be girl/boyfriend etc <3

Fine moods have a lower setting, getting them more romantic and steamier conversations will help. Those are set higher. Traits have an effect too. Some are set to not do certain romantic interactions and some will increase the chances.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 6th May 2017 at 11:53 PM
Not sure this is working...had it installed for a while, and not seeing any change in proposals or breakups. Can you let me know what requirements are for different actions and what I should look for so i can experiament and be sure whether or it's fucntioning?
Theorist
Original Poster
#70 Old 7th May 2017 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FanphoriaMercury
Not sure this is working...had it installed for a while, and not seeing any change in proposals or breakups. Can you let me know what requirements are for different actions and what I should look for so i can experiament and be sure whether or it's fucntioning?

In the description. The spoiler under WIP has an explanation of the conditions. Thank you for experimenting. that will help. I've had some say the sims keep breaking up, but others say they aren't, some propose and some aren't. Makes it hard to know what to change when it isn't really narrowed down. Let me know the conditions that take place in your game along with traits you experiment with. Remember, none of it is a guarantee on proposal or break up.
I wanted the sims to act more like they should based on different conditions. Thank you again
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th May 2017 at 11:12 PM
So i have this couple the guy is romantic but jealous n snob this girl is ambitious, outgoing and self assured since i installed the mod their relationship bar went done to 0 when i left them to socialize on their own. I built it up again got all steamy n stuff leave them thinking he's gonna propose n the same thing happens, it doesn't say ex partner so they didn't break up
Theorist
Original Poster
#72 Old 7th May 2017 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rachiism
So i have this couple the guy is romantic but jealous n snob this girl is ambitious, outgoing and self assured since i installed the mod their relationship bar went done to 0 when i left them to socialize on their own. I built it up again got all steamy n stuff leave them thinking he's gonna propose n the same thing happens, it doesn't say ex partner so they didn't break up

This mod doesn't do anything with negative interactions only with the proposal interactions listed. So if their relationship went down wasn't from this mod since those interactions aren't included in the mod. All the mod does is change the chances of the proposal interactions listed.

Now you said he has the snob trait, that's one of the traits listed in the description that I did change. "Snob" have a small decrease in the chance of proposing. I did that bc snobs basically consider themselves to good for anyone else so they're less likely to propose.

Now her, she has a slightly higher chance to propose bc she has the self assured trait. But it still isn't that big of a chance.

A romantic trait had the highest chance.

Let me know how it goes if you change traits
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th May 2017 at 4:09 AM
so I changed his to family oriented, good and something else so far they haven't broken up just waiting for him to pop the question.
Theorist
Original Poster
#74 Old 8th May 2017 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rachiism
so I changed his to family oriented, good and something else so far they haven't broken up just waiting for him to pop the question.

Family oriented has an increased chance of proposing since those sims want families not sure how much I increased that one. The more steamy if a conversation helps too along with his mood

Let me know how it goes. Mine when I was testing took a little while to propose as well.
Test Subject
#75 Old 14th May 2017 at 2:37 AM
I have these 2 romantic sims who have none of the "negative" traits listed. They're both boyfriend and girlfriend and their friendship and relationship bar is maxed. They're both on very flirty mood in steamy conversation and everything was going well when randomly the guy broke up with her. This happened many times. They're just flirting back and forth, both in excellent mood and they just break up for no reason.
And autonomous proposal thing doesn't occur in my case at all even when their traits do not conflict, both in great mood (very flirty in steamy convo). But break ups keep happening for no reason. It was so bad that I had to use MC Command to fix their relationship as I'm tired of building the relationship bar again and then to have it drop down to 0.
For me, the mod works better before these 2 last updates. Break ups don't happen so randomly (only when one party's mood is bad) and proposals/asking to be partner do occur.

Sorry for the long post and hope you don't mind the feedback. I really really love your mod and huge thanks for making this.
Page 3 of 17