Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Nymp is 100% right- some of the best foods I've ever had have actually been cooked on a stick over a campfire! Plus, that's the only way you can have real s'mores!

Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
That's part of the adventure! That's what makes it such a time!

I know how to have a good time, just ask my Queen And it doesn't involve trying to cook soup on a stick!

Never had a s'more .. do I want one?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Never had a s'more .. do I want one?

Yes, you do! Take a marshmallow, put it on a stick, toast it over a fire, and then put it between graham crackers and a Hershey bar- it is the quintessential camping treat!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 5:49 AM
Nymph may have my share of the s'mores, as well. I confess I don't really like them, but I like camping and I like Nymph, so.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 5:57 AM
I agree, even if there's no water nearby. (I like camping in the desert. I am pretty good about sunscreen, after one time when I got burned in places I didn't know I had.) (Or rather, I knew I had them, I just wasn't anticipating they'd get that hot.)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 6:06 AM
Started getting sick the second day of a 'vacation' (alright, it wasn't quite a vacation, but close enough), and while the trip itself was mostly fun, I wasn't in a very good shape. The last day was a nightmare (plane trip with stuffed nose and a head that felt like it could explode any moment). Was sick for quite a while after. That's a few years ago now, but I'm still struggling with the after effects...

I can imagine worse vacations, though. But getting sick on vacation feels like a nightmare there and then.
Theorist
#31 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 8:35 AM
I'm always so happy to do almost anything that's not my normal grind that I'm good with any of it. I think the closest there is to "vacation hell" in my book is vacationing with someone who isn't easygoing. I'm probably not equipped for survival expeditions and I dislike hunting mostly because I dislike hunting culture, but beyond that pretty much everything is game except spending hours with someone who doesn't travel well and doesn't have an excuse (like they're an infant.) If you don't want to be there, don't go.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 9:38 AM
My vacation hell having to fly somewhere and then being forced to be around other people the whole time with no opportunity to get a break from their noise. And the whole time knowing that I am going to have to get on a plane and fly again to get home so it is both exhausting and scary. I have nightmares about that shit.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Instructor
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 7:54 PM
My vacation hell is anywhere crowded.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 12:14 AM
From everything I've heard about it, my idea of vacation hell would probably be a cruise ship. The hassle of boarding, the limited space, the annoyance of people everywhere... ugh. Sounds awful. *shudder*
Theorist
#35 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
From everything I've heard about it, my idea of vacation hell would probably be a cruise ship. The hassle of boarding, the limited space, the annoyance of people everywhere... ugh. Sounds awful. *shudder*

The raw sewage in the hallways, the disease outbreaks, the rogue waves...

Yeah, I'm not opposed to cruises in principle, but as a practical sort of thing cruise ships look fucking terrifying. Give me "got a head cold from flying" any day, if I'm going to go boating I'm going to find a pirate ship and sign on.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 6:16 AM
Friends daughter had a gallstone attack and ended up in hospital- in another country and had to stay in because at first they were going to take out her gall bladder, but then decided not to and she had to fly home again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#37 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 5:23 PM
I think I would really hate camping, though I haven't done anything resembling "camping" since summer camp in 3rd grade. What some people call "camping" in an RV or trailer that's more luxurious than my house would be fine, but to actually sleep outside in a tent, I think I would hate. I need a real bed with a mattress and climate controlled environment between 65-75 degrees F. I also hate eating outdoors because I can't stand flying insects. I already spend a lot of time making gnats go splat (eyeballing one as I type, in fact, about to make him go to gnat-heaven), but to deal with larger critters like flies, moths, and other winged menaces all up in my face, NO THANKS.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 2 of 2