Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Chris Hatch Midwife Mod Reset
Hey Guys , I have a problem with the midwife hack by Chris Hatch
Every time I call the midwife my sim resets ?
Idk what causes this could someone please shed some light and help me out TYSM
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:43 PM
Any chance of adding the error log?
It has been a very long time since I looked at that mod but I do still have the original files. There was two versions, I assume by your EPs you are using the one called CJH_MidwifeServiceEP4+ and have either the nurse NPC (NPC_Template_ Nurse.package) or hospital.
Where is the error happening, during the phone call or after the phone call?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:39 PM Last edited by ShaniaNextDoor : 24th Jan 2018 at 5:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Any chance of adding the error log?
It has been a very long time since I looked at that mod but I do still have the original files. There was two versions, I assume by your EPs you are using the one called CJH_MidwifeServiceEP4+ and have either the nurse NPC (NPC_Template_ Nurse.package) or hospital.
Where is the error happening, during the phone call or after the phone call?

During the phone call
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 9:27 PM
I don't seem to be having that problem. Which version of T&A stuff pack are you using? Apartment Life or Mansions & Gardens? With Backalley now shut down, I'm not sure which site he is now using.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 2:39 PM
Without an error log I'm only guessing and will probably ask more questions than give answers.
Do you know which nurse template and outfit you are using?
looking at the code from the original mod, if the nurse template or outfit are missing it will throw an error. Between the hospital mod and midwife service there have been a few different versions of the nurse template. The one that was available for the midwife service had only one file which included both the template and the outfit, it was named NPC_Template_ Nurse.package. The Adult hospital mod had the template and outfit separately and the outfit required a separate mesh by Vanity DeMise, several alternate outfits for that version were also available. The G hospital uses a file named NPC_Template-G_Nurse.package, this one uses a default Maxis outfit which, looking at it now may be a problem for the midwife service since it doesn't include or require an outfit so the midwife service would be unable to generate it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pjb123
I don't seem to be having that problem. Which version of T&A stuff pack are you using? Apartment Life or Mansions & Gardens? With Backalley now shut down, I'm not sure which site he is now using.

I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Without an error log I'm only guessing and will probably ask more questions than give answers.
Do you know which nurse template and outfit you are using?
looking at the code from the original mod, if the nurse template or outfit are missing it will throw an error. Between the hospital mod and midwife service there have been a few different versions of the nurse template. The one that was available for the midwife service had only one file which included both the template and the outfit, it was named NPC_Template_ Nurse.package. The Adult hospital mod had the template and outfit separately and the outfit required a separate mesh by Vanity DeMise, several alternate outfits for that version were also available. The G hospital uses a file named NPC_Template-G_Nurse.package, this one uses a default Maxis outfit which, looking at it now may be a problem for the midwife service since it doesn't include or require an outfit so the midwife service would be unable to generate it.

Thanks so much for responding ! * I LOVE YOUR WORK IN THE SIMS COMMUNITY <3 *
I most likely don't have all the files