Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:16 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:29 AM.
Default What Is Your Food Guilty Pleasure?
We all have at least one food guilty pleasure; the one food guaranteed to make us so happy, yet feel guilty about loving it, all at the same time.

Maybe it's something you know that doesn't really go together for the rest of the world, but to you it's heaven ..
Maybe it's something so unsophisticated that you'd only tell your closest of close ones that you love it ..
Maybe it's just something you know is so wrong but it feels so right .... :lovestruc

For me .. Don't judge me .. I know it's wrong. I know. It goes against all my dining principles, it is culturally so wrong it's almost sinful. It's chicken curry (any curry, Korma, Madras, Thai green or red, Japanese Karē, I just don't care what kind because I am *that* shameless) served with ... chips. French fries. Not rice ... French fries ...

What's yours? Go on, tell me You know you want to .. I won't tell a soul, I promise :p

Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:20 AM
Lasagne, with Garfield as a brother from another mother.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Theorist
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:25 AM
Babies. So cute, so delicious, but they don't even fill me up...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:40 AM
...Must-resist-urge-to-link-to-OMGWTFBBQ...

For me, I'd have to say cream cheese frosting... not on anything. Just cream cheese frosting out of the can.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
Babies. So cute, so delicious, but they don't even fill me up...

You're getting way too predictable. I saw your name here and knew it would be cannibalism.

Anyway, I have a real soft spot for tofuna. Basically, it's tofu that takes the place of tuna - one pound of tofu with one tablespoon lemon juice and two tablespoons soy sauce. It's especially good in tofuna casserole - cook a pound of pasta and mix a pound of tofuna and a can of mushroom soup in with it. It tastes delicious and it's easy to make, but I can never get anyone else to try it. I'm pretty sure it's because people can't prepare tofu right, so it turns out disgusting, so people think tofu is disgusting.

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:52 AM
Aw, damn it. Now I want potatoes.

In Romania, we make some potatoes that are called "peasant potatoes..." (yay polite literal translations!). I swear to everything holy that they're 100x better than French fries. You just boil them, cut into wedges, slap through oil, salt, pepper, and paprika, and pop it in the oven. Sometimes my mom or grandma even puts tomato paste on them before cooking. Pretty badass if you ask me. :lovestruc

So basically, it's amazing and now it's late at night and I want some. Booooo.

I need to cook some soon... darn it, T.O. Also, now I'm craving all of the Romanian food. All of it. And I just got back from there a month ago, too! *steals grandma's cooking through the interwebs*

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 6:03 AM
Flour. Don't know why, but one just likes the doughy texture when mixed with liquids. One is weird, I know.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 6:04 AM
If I had my way, I'd shoehorn potatoes and gravy and garlic into every savory meal of the day. Like how certain people insist on inviting celebs to every single virtual panel even if the panel's all the worse for it.

And much like inviting celebs to every single event, I know potatoes, gravy, and garlic aren't always the best match with things like tomato fish; but I want them anyway.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 6:09 AM
Ohhhh my goodness, how can I forgot about garlic?

Garlic is amazing and should be worshipped.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 10:02 AM Last edited by maxon : 22nd Oct 2015 at 6:18 PM.
Those are not French Fries but proper chips. Curry and chips though - very British thing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 10:45 AM
Just one? I can eat noodles until the cows come home. My favorite is lo mein. But I also love cheese, plain or melted or folded into lasagna, burritos, or pizza. Oh, and fondu? Mmmm!

How I feel about noodles:

And cheese!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 11:30 AM
A baked potato with butter, sour cream and a sprinkling of pepper. I know it's not an odd food, I know it's nothing to be guilty about. But I get such strange looks when I mention having one for a snack or instead of a proper meal. There's something about the texture of the potato with the sour cream and the flavor of the butter that just makes me happy inside.

I guess those people who give me strange looks should see me eat hummus. Out of the container. With my finger (ewwww.. not, I only take a few swipes and don't use the same finger for each one). I just found out this year that I like hummus (I hate chick peas sooooo..) and... now I want a potato. Or some hummus. Not both and not together!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 12:12 PM
Curry and chips is a really big thing where I use to live.

For me it's Wensleydale cheese with cranberries. I have to avoid buying it because I know if I start eating it I won't stop until I've finished the whole chunk. It's the same with my sister, though she only has small bits of it at a time (and leaves it in her fridge, so whenever I visit I'm super tempted to eat it all).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Those are not French Fries but proper chiips.

Very normal. Both the chips are the thing where it's in are sold in most fast foods shops and snackbars here

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Inventor
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 1:01 PM
Crisps. If there are crisps in the house I can't not eat them. Usually they come in multi-packs of 6 or 8 and most of the time, I'll eat them all in one sitting... But then we don't get more for a few weeks so it balances out... My favourite ones are salt & vinegar Chipsticks, and I know I shouldn't eat so many because they make me all sweaty (because they're super salty) and then like, for the next couple of days I get a load of dead skin coming off in my mouth. and sometimes I get salt spots on my tongue and cheeks and they REALLY HURT for like 2 weeks. But that's not often...

I know I shouldn't but it's just... My weakness.
Inventor
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 3:59 PM
Can drinks be included in this?

As for food, mines krispy kreme doughnuts. I dont always have them, but when i do, theyre a treat.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 4:37 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:47 PM. Reason: nevermind.
Probably tamales, with sticky rice and pico de gallo on the side. I can never eat one or two tamales.
I end up eating about 7 or 8 of them, and then I'm miserable because I'm too full.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:27 PM
Mash potatoes, I could live off them if I could, not had mash in quite a while though.

Also cottage pie, which I haven't had in ages

Today someone one in history brought in a packet of Maryland cookies, and now I'm craving cookies

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Theorist
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:39 PM
Pizza and double cheeseburgers.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
As for food, mines krispy kreme doughnuts. I dont always have them, but when i do, theyre a treat.

Mmmm yes!!! I love the millionaires shortbread one, or the chocolate dreamcake :lovestruc
Scholar
#21 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 6:29 PM
I'm fat so basically everything I eat that isn't rabbit food is a guilty pleasure.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 7:00 PM
I forgot popsicles. Popsicles bring out the little kid in me. Wal-Mart sells these huge ones that are cherry-pineapple flavored. Yummy.

Oh, by the way, I had a baked potato with sour cream, butter and a sprinkling of pepper earlier.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 8:05 PM
Chocolate.

But my real problem is that I can't eat it like a normal person. I have a tendency to smear it on a random body part, and then I find it later. Every time I eat it, I think this time...this time...it will be different. I will be civilized.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 8:31 PM
Pizza, with everything. And lots of nasty little anchovies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Those are not French Fries but proper chips. Curry and chips though - very British thing.

Fear not, the French Fries reference was made to include our American friends who may mistake chips for crisps
Page 1 of 2