Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 5:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE fix for one sim who is constantly blocked by obstacles that aren't there
Hi,

I have just one Sim that I don't want to retire because she has important relationships in the hood, but she is constantly yelling and waving saying she's blocked, no matter how many times I reset her/delete her/move into another apartment/household. Needless to say, there's nothing in the way. She'll be ok for a bit, then get blocked and yell again. No one else in the large household/apt complex is doing this. She'll even do it when she's just sitting on a sofa. Sits there and waves and yells that something is in the way. If another sim comes and interacts, she'll stop and act normal for a while, but short of intense therapy, I don't know what to do for her anymore. Her waving icon is always the apartment doorway icon, but she does this all the time that she's out in the communal area. Is there any way to fix this annoying sim?
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:37 PM
Polite bump. She is still complaining and still annoying. Any ideas?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:39 PM
Have you tried playing without mods and hacks to see if she still behave this way? I do not know if you have mods that adds NPC to your game, but if you do do not remove those.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Have you tried playing without mods and hacks to see if she still behave this way? I do not know if you have mods that adds NPC to your game, but if you do do not remove those.

Yes, I removed all CC and mods before I posted, and she still did it. The only thing I can think of is that I used InSim (way back) to set her age. She was fine after that, up until she moved into an apartment. There's one other Sim that I also set the age on and she, too, has wonky, though different, issues.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:11 PM
I know you've said that it's only happening to that one sim but it may just be a coincidence so perhaps try using the stuck object remover, there are occasional social interaction markers and things like that which get stuck and can cause it. I've never heard of it happening solely to one sim but it's worth a try. Link here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1609.0
Does the sim work fine in a normal house (not an apartment). It could be that there's just something up with the apartment.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karlissa
I know you've said that it's only happening to that one sim but it may just be a coincidence so perhaps try using the stuck object remover, there are occasional social interaction markers and things like that which get stuck and can cause it. I've never heard of it happening solely to one sim but it's worth a try. Link here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1609.0

That was a good idea, but it is happening all over the communal area of an apartment complex, so if I understand the description, I think I couldn't put anything on any tile in that area. In any case, it's only with this one Sim. There are usually 12-14 other Sims on the lot who have no issues.

Quote: Originally posted by Karlissa
Does the sim work fine in a normal house (not an apartment). It could be that there's just something up with the apartment.

She seems to work fine when her household is active, so she was ok in a house. She has changed households, lots, and apartment complexes but still has the phobia of invisible objects in her way whenever she's not the center of attention (active). All the other Sims think it's pretty clearly all in her head.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:13 PM
Her age huh...have you tried aging her down..then back up using the sim blender? If you editing her age with Insim has caused problem, then maybe this would set her back up.
I never used Insim, but I doubt this is a problem.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Her age huh...have you tried aging her down..then back up using the sim blender? If you editing her age with Insim has caused problem, then maybe this would set her back up.
I never used Insim, but I doubt this is a problem.

I haven't re-aged either of the sims that are borked, but I can try. I have used InSim so long with no problems, that I've never even tried Sim Blender. I know... so behind the times!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:50 AM
Like i said, I doubt insim was a problem, but..it won't hurt to try.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:35 PM
UPDATE:
I finally gave up on fixing her and moved her into her own little house across the street from the apartments. She's much happier over there. Interestingly, when I play the apartment lot (and, pleasantly, I can see her house from there) she hangs out in the communal area of the apt lot (sims often still hang after moving out) with all her old friends, and now she no longer complains about obstacles. So I guess she got her way.