Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:32 AM
Default The wizard's specific task for HIGH XP gain is null, zero, zip, nada?
Having played this game practically every day of my life since it came out, I have come to realize through all my game play that each profession in TSM&PN has a specific task that only the specific profession can perform by game default that has a great XP gain when performed multiple times by that specific profession. A couple of examples are:

a monarch, knight, spy can gain XP very quickly and at high numbers when practicing on the dummy when another sword wielding sim is training them. Instead of receiving 11xp every few seconds, they get 20xp, and when practicing strategy at the table with another tactics able sim, their xp gain is doubled, and when using the most expensive desk (Tredony's swan), any profession that can write documents, spy (secret), Peteran, Jacoban Priests (religious), and monarch (royal) will gain 16xp every few seconds. WAY more and faster than Patrolling the Seaway or Road to anywhere.

a priest when he/she gives a sermon will gain great amounts of xp, and when done more than once a day will level up very fast.

a merchant just needs to sell a lot from her or his stall for some time within a quest and can gain xp in such large amounts and fast that I am able to get her/him leveled up from start level 1 to level 10, plus 8 bonus levels (18 total levels) in just one quest which happens to be her/his legendary trait quest. The task of selling at the stall regardless of the item is the merchants special specific task in which they gain crazily high levels of XP. By the way, a blacksmith who also sells from a stall can level up quickly doing so, but not even close to what xp levels the merchant can. And all of us know the trouble the villager's give to our blacksmith's when they are trying to make a sell at their stall! GRRRRRR!

Also the Jacoban priest gain's 100xp for every absolution he/she gives at the pulpit to any Jacoban seeking to be absolved. If the sim doesn't take action to seek absolution, this Watcher makes them face the priest! Therefore my Jacoban priest levels up extremely fast!

But not my poor, sweet, youthful, child-like wizard. Xerxex Xoom, my wizard does not seem to have a profession task that is high gaining in xp whatsoever. I therefore use a mod which enables other hero sims to have abilities of their counterparts or other professions in the game. Example is my monarch is a wizard, and also a blacksmith, which benefits the other sims, especially hero sims as he casts spells on them which raise their buff levels, and also makes armor to be available sooner in-game than it does waiting so very long for the blacksmith to level up and craft them, so usually by the time my knight reaches level 5 on his first quest he has the Angel's Talon, and Angel's Guard ready and waiting for him. NOW THAT IS FAST. Reigh Nigh, my knight is usually the 3rd hero sim I create in my kingdoms, so yeah, getting the finest and best armor in ones first appearance in-game on their first quest at level 5 is frighteningly fast! The mod is TZ-DynamicProfession.package latest version.

I have given my young wizard combat, tactics, scoundrel abilities to help him in xp gain, using the same ideals as listed above with the default professions for these tasks, but still my boy wizard seems not to gain great levels of xp. Perhaps it may be due to the lateness of his arrival in-game, as he usually enters a kingdom 7th or 8th. However I notice the game is quicker to allow sim heroes that enter the game later to learn personal traits of other sims much faster, as if late arrival hero sims are playing catch-up, which in fact they are.

Have I missed a special, or secret task for my wizard in all this time? Why do all other professions have a main default task they can perform to gain large levels of XP, but there is not one for the wizard????

Does anyone know of a wizard's task that I obviously do not know about in TSMP&N? I say it is not fair that Xerxex should suffer so just to be equal to his fellow hero sims, or work triply hard and long for the same results they receive!

I greatly appreciate anyone's attempt to solve this dire question for me and my wizard.

Thanks, Xeny

P.S. Xerxex's buff level's are always kept at extremely high positive level's (green) while I control him, as are all my sims, so this cannot be what is effecting his slow, trodding xp gain.

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.