Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:00 AM
With Story Progression, it doesn't matter how you interact with the drone. Your kids, you pay support. Just like if all the kids lived with you, each drone would have to pay.

...LOL I never do the friendly interactions. It just never occurred to me. I just figure flirt my way into pregnancy and then throw them out 6 kids later. It never crossed my mind to be nice to them. I will give that a go. Thanks for the quick responses.

Mrsharry - Is the mod found on here, or do you have a link? I am currently on a mission to find a stupid mod that stops these morons from putting the baby swing on fast..with no luck I might add. Wish I was smart enough to do this kind of stuff.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:59 AM
Greeeaat. Time to pay a crap-load of child support. WHOOPEE!! ahaha. Hopefully my sim will find a rich drone like she did last time who brings lots of money into her household. LOL :3
The mod is MTS, actually. It can be found here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=414240 . It's rather efficient, though your sim will likely need to start a new job due to all of their current days off.

EDIT: Also, Luna, I'll put the houses up on Mediafire as soon as I get the chance to get on my game. :3
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:23 AM
I found one of TFM's mods. It wipes out the maternity leave and even adds a puddle for water breaking..kinda gross, just like real life. I am very leery of downloading mods of people I hardly know or have not heard of. Too many game breaking things have come my way lately.

I was in my ISBI game with a newly pregnant NCP, I turned off maternity leave in Twallan's SP and it gave her 8 days when she popped o.O I quickly quit without saving. Beelinda was doing the daycare, it was horrid so she just quit her job. She is currently unemployed, so that works in my favor for now.

Luna - you can see pics of my two house versions here - Housing They are about midway down. I do have all EP and SP's and didn't think to stick with base game compatibility. I can stick them up if you're interested. Just let me know.
Test Subject
#54 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 7:49 AM
This looks like a lot of fun... of to go and make some Sims, post screenshots later!
Test Subject
#55 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 11:56 AM Last edited by xLuna : 25th Feb 2012 at 12:43 PM.
I'll see wich i house i like the best
Thanks for the offer thought

I looked up for a second sunset valley and i found this
Gonna test it out now

EDIT: The town is big and great only there are so many lots and i'm to lazy to delete them.. So that's a no go
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 2:36 PM
Sunset Valley 2

Try this one. I keep coming back to it. Still trying to decide if it's worth moving 20 people for.
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:05 PM Last edited by xLuna : 25th Feb 2012 at 3:19 PM.
think i'm going to use that one, it looks great and with much space. If this challenge ends i wont start a new game but start another challenge in the same world *Soo freaking much space to play*
Now before i can start with the cool voice saying 'Let the games begin' I should start making those houses!
I'm too trilled to wait starting any longer

*cool voice* Let the building begin
Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:45 PM
Do you still want to see my houses? To be honest, I don't like them much. ahaha. But I'm going on my game soon so I can screenshot them.
Test Subject
#59 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:26 PM Last edited by xLuna : 25th Feb 2012 at 5:55 PM.
Sure My working bees home is done, working on the nursery now

EDIT: Nursery done, it's 45k Anyway let's start with the queen n.n
Test Subject
#60 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:34 PM
Queen done! Here's a picture :D

And full

Her name is Evangeline Honey

Now i can finally say it:
*evil cool voice*

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Instructor
#61 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 7:59 PM
going off to try
Test Subject
#62 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 8:51 PM
Okay first 'drone' is on and going, she's pregnant and i'm listening to the stupid child music all day. Read two child books.

I'm gonna kill myself sometime if I have to listen to that stuff all day long

EDIT: while typing this she exploded because of the inventing table

And again
Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 9:26 PM Last edited by xLuna : 25th Feb 2012 at 9:44 PM.
I'll make a kid copy of her when she's done this challenge and then she will do the 100 baby challenge.
I love her looks, never made someone this pretty before!
Caught her dancing btw
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:18 AM
I am in need of a general consensus. Beelinda is almost 85 hours pregnant with twins and she has no intent on going into labor. Would it be okay to use MC and end her pregnancy and then instant baby her a set of twins?

Space Pony
#65 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:02 AM Last edited by Enirei : 26th Feb 2012 at 4:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by oxJennxo
I am in need of a general consensus. Beelinda is almost 85 hours pregnant with twins and she has no intent on going into labor. Would it be okay to use MC and end her pregnancy and then instant baby her a set of twins?

Have you tried a Reset Town first? That tends to take care of problems a resetsim doesn't fix and might fix Beelinda. If that doesn't work then I agree with the MC option.

So now on to what's been happening with my Rani. After Peter, she hit it off with Nicolas Jude and had his six children. He ended up introducing her to her next drone Earnest Couburn. Currently they only have 2 with one on the way.

Nicolas' children: Beata Bee, Desideria Bee, Vitali Bee, Nia Bee, Josefina Bee, Bron Bee

On a side note, I was checking out Rani's family tree to see if she had any great-grandbabies. Looks like her eldest daughter Sofie has had one with Peter, though due to past relationships and marriage name status set to either in SP, Sofie and Peter are married with a last name that I cannot pronounce and looks rather alien to me.

Anybody know how many great-great grandchild one has to be to not register on the familial relationship? I.e. a great-aunt will not register as a relative in relationship status.

Edit: Ack! Forgot the add the children's pictures.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:26 AM
Nothing worked. I think she got up to 105 hrs pregnant before I ended it. I chose not to instant baby, I just had her TFB again. I didn't try to reset town that doesn't normally work on sims for me. I did try to debugenabler her, but it didn't work either.

Okay, I got confused, but I hope I make sense to you. Alfie (perfect genetic family) has 12 kids. Iris is the heiress she has three kids. Iris' cousins show up , but they don't show any relation to her kids. I think that's 2nd cousins. I also don't think that great-aunt even shows up, but I can't confirm that.
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:20 PM
These are my kids with drone n°1 :D

And the drone himself

Athalie and Amelia are twins, Belle and Byron too.
Chester and Darius aren't twins but they were born close to each other :o

(Btw i choose names by alphabetical order and from this site http://www.angelfire.com/id2/heathe...oned_names.html)
Space Pony
#68 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oxJennxo
Okay, I got confused, but I hope I make sense to you. Alfie (perfect genetic family) has 12 kids. Iris is the heiress she has three kids. Iris' cousins show up , but they don't show any relation to her kids. I think that's 2nd cousins. I also don't think that great-aunt even shows up, but I can't confirm that.

Yes. A couple year backs I discovered that second cousins don't register and neither do first cousins once remove. In this challenge I learned that grandaunts don't show up either since one of Rani's daughters met Rani's great-grandson at school and they didn't recognize each other as relatives(so one's grandaunt doesn't register).

Iris' cousins and Iris' kids are first cousins once removed. There's a nice wiki page about cousins with a chart to go with it. 2nd cousins are those that share the same great-grandparent(s). Though once you start getting into double cousins, things get confusing.

Sources: Wiki and one huge family in the South Carolina (grandmother had 9 siblings and my grandfather had 11 siblings).
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 8:02 PM
Kay, running into some minor issues here. I've been trying to find a way to grow a life fruit, to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions on how to obtain the seed? My Queen Bee grew into an adult, which is okay but means she's that much closer to being an elder and infertile xDD.
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrsharrypedwardc
Kay, running into some minor issues here. I've been trying to find a way to grow a life fruit, to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions on how to obtain the seed? My Queen Bee grew into an adult, which is okay but means she's that much closer to being an elder and infertile xDD.

Maybe you should try to get the logic skill at 10 and then go make potions until you have the young again potion?
Test Subject
#71 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 11:09 PM
Chemistry set only comes with expansions, right? ): I only have pets. xP
Field Researcher
#72 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 9:10 AM

I suppose you don't have the lifetime reward that makes you young? Or age freeze? I don't remember which EPs gave those. Anyway, which neighbourhood are you in and how much LTR points does your queen have? If a lot, you could spend it on collection helper and go on a seed-spree. In SV special seeds are around science center and graveyard.

EDIT: I rechecked the rules and nvm about LTRs :/ I suppose the best thing you can do is empty the neighbourhood of its seeds and hope for the best.
Space Pony
#73 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:41 PM

Graveyards in the SV and RV spawn special seeds which have a chance of giving you life fruit. I don't know about the other worlds because I have not looked. Honestly I started looking for special seeds the moment I moved my drone in.
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 2:35 AM
I did too. I've been looking for seeds nearly every sim day, it's just been hard to find good ones. So far I've had like... bell peppers from my "rare special seeds." xP
Looks like I'm getting some money trees now, but I don't really want those ahaha. My queen's a green thumb and a level 9 gardener, so right now I'm just hoping I get something before she ages to elder.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 7:34 AM
I have decided to veer off and do things a bit differently. I am not happy with some of the rules. I have chosen to spend my LTR points. I don't even see why we couldn't to begin with. If she can earn it, the queen can spend them. I plan to have a ghost drone. No exceptions. I am using mods. I had one made for me so that I can put the kids in the swings and no one will turn them on. I have one that when the queen goes into labor, her water breaks. I have one that shuts off maternity leave. I have all of Twallan's. Therefore, my three drone portion of testing has shown me that I am in need of making the game fun for me and these are the changes I have made to do so.
Page 3 of 5