Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Please help!
*I already posted this question in another thread but didn't get the response I needed. Hopefully, someone can help me with this.

Okay, so I just recently realized that you guys hadn't stopped with the sims 2 and went on to post custom content for the sims 3 as well. Well, I was all excited and manually downloaded a bunch of game mods, sims, patterns, houses, ect. First, I stupidly placed them all in EA/TheSims3/Downloads and quickly realized that didn't work, so I checked it. Then created the folder EA/TheSims3/Mods/Packages and placed all the package files in there. Restarted the game. The first thing I noticed that went wrong was my mod to skip into wasn't working. Kept going, hoping the rest would work.... and was sadly disappointed. Nope, the only thing that worked was the houses and SOME of the premade sims. So frustrated, I decided to delete all the package files and download TS3 Download Helper Monkey and try to reinstall everything through this. First, I got the access denied message and changed my setting, restarted my computer and tried to download a mod. Went through winraw and double clicked on the file. The TS3 Download Monkey message thingy popped up and said the file I was trying to download ALREADY EXISTED. At this point, I'm cursing at my computer screen, calling it a F***ING LIAR because I ALREADY DELETED THOSE FILES!!!

I'm very annoyed at the moment. I'm about to uninstall the whole game and all the the content and start from scratch. -_-

And can somebody please explain to me was the CAS screen is and where the custom content toggle is?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:17 AM
would it consider the files to still exist if they were in the recycle bin? You might want to delete them out of that too and see if it works.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:39 PM
Well, for the Monkey problem, you need to read the Monkey thread - and if there's no solution in there, post in it.

The CAS is where you make sims, and I don't believe there is a CC toggle in TS3, though I could easily be mistaken.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.