Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 9:24 AM
Default What happened to my Sims kids?
I had a few sims that I moved out of home. I used cheats to speed up a few things and add family members etc. A all of my moved out sims had kids . When I checked in on them they all had memories of there kids being born but many of them did not have the kids in there families or had fewer kids then I left them with. Also many of my sims once moved out of home broke up or divorced the lovers I had given them.

I was wondering how could I tell if the sim died? and how do I resurrect either in game or threw cheat? (this included mod cheats) or if the sim is glitched and unavailable, How do I get them back? ( family tree shows the kids who were born at the same time at now uneven ages 1 a baby and the other two children and of the triplets only one is selectable. ) Also what happened when I was not in control? do sims with large families have a harder time raising kids and so most starve to death? or is it since I used a cheat to have "Instant baby" my sims are sort of just vanishing? Also why are my sims breaking up/ divorced? is that also difficult to maintain if the sims are not under my direct control? I'm just trying to get a feel for things, and how they work.

family 1 got married under my control no cheats. Had 6 kids threw "instant baby" got divorced and all 6 kids lived.

family 2 got married threw cheats, had I forget how many instant kids, I think still has them.

family 3: used "Add sims to household" cheat and added sims that are native to China. They are all still in the house.

Family 4 two sisters had kids and spouses threw cheats. Are still married and from between them 5 kids total , have lost all but one but don't have any death memories and the family tree is displaying uneven ages when all kids should have aged at once.

5th family had kids with out cheats and kids with cheats. One died when I wasn't controlling the family, the sim's memorry says sim "Died" he broke up with his girlfriend who he was egadged to and tried to marry but could not till affter I moved him out since he needed more room in the house , he had been in an 8 family house before and now on his own, he never got married and broke up.

All the kids that he had with the girl before they married I don't know if they are alive or not when I try to call a sim, invite over or cheat add to fammily, I can't find any record of the still living ones existing.

6th family that I moved to a seperate house, I just started them so I have not had time to mess them up

7th sim family They had one kid I forget if it was natural or threw cheats, they married and staied married and there one kid is still alive.

Back to the family I started with, every one wants to change there jobs for some reason, family is intact.

and the family of one of my kids wives, addopted a cat affter she moved out.

Im varry confused as to how story progression determains who lives and dies and who stays married. and a bit worried that a glitch may have deleeted a few sims.

I also have one sim who I cheated to trigger age transition. He left my lot to return to his own lot and then his icon went blank and he has been compleetly incapable of inviting over , adding to a house hold, adding as a room mate etc. He just remains a facless unslectable box.

I could fix all this threw cheats. just make a family and add sims to house hold or clone the surviving kids and age them up and edit in CAS.

I just want to know what happened.

also some sims who get locked out of my house refuse to go home and die on my lawn. Im trying to figure out what type of death they died from. I never paid attention to the ghosts but the one I recal was a black and red ghost. Im wondering what death type that was. I reset the game, so I can't ask the ghost how she died.

Also one of my ghosts of popurazti who starved to death on my lawn from me refusing to invite them in, there toomb stone vanished when I swapped houses and came back.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 3:48 PM
Most of what you're describing sounds like general game corruption, especially from adding and removing sims, aging them up with cheats etc.
If you don't have them already, I recommend getting Nraas ErrorTrap and Overwatch. Use this command from Overwatch:
(click on computer or City Hall) \ Nraas \ Overwatch \ Immediate \ Recover Missing Sims
to try and recover the sims you say are missing. It also wouldn't hurt to run "resetsim * " (asterisk included) in the console to reset everyone.

Quote: Originally posted by kaykeyser
and how do I resurrect either in game or threw cheat? (this included mod cheats) or if the sim is glitched and unavailable, How do I get them back? ( family tree shows the kids who were born at the same time at now uneven ages 1 a baby and the other two children and of the triplets only one is selectable. ) Also what happened when I was not in control? do sims with large families have a harder time raising kids and so most starve to death? or is it since I used a cheat to have "Instant baby" my sims are sort of just vanishing? Also why are my sims breaking up/ divorced? is that also difficult to maintain if the sims are not under my direct control? I'm just trying to get a feel for things, and how they work.
[...]
Im varry confused as to how story progression determains who lives and dies and who stays married. and a bit worried that a glitch may have deleeted a few sims.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Nraas DebugEnabler has a "Resurrect Sim" command if you click on their tombstone.
The glitched family tree has often happened to me while traveling (sims showing up at the wrong age), and in the homeworld I once had a deceased sim show up weird on the portrait panel and make phone calls from beyond the grave. I can't tell you how to fix it, just assure you that you're not the only one
The divorces, job changes and "moves out of town" are a result of EA's wonderful story progression mechanic; if you are not actively controlling the sims, they can do all sorts of counter-productive things. To disallow inactive sims from getting divorced, adopting pets, and other annoying things, get Nraas Story Progression. Read up on it and tweak the settings as you see fit.

I also have one sim who I cheated to trigger age transition. He left my lot to return to his own lot and then his icon went blank and he has been compleetly incapable of inviting over , adding to a house hold, adding as a room mate etc. He just remains a facless unslectable box.

He might be considered "out of town" by the game if his portrait is gray.

also some sims who get locked out of my house refuse to go home and die on my lawn. Im trying to figure out what type of death they died from. I never paid attention to the ghosts but the one I recal was a black and red ghost. Im wondering what death type that was. I reset the game, so I can't ask the ghost how she died.

You can use Nraas Master Controller to force them to go home. Click on sim, then Basic \ Go Home, and they'll leave.

Black and red ghost might be a Death By Thirst, which happens to vampires. IIRC the ghost has a pulsing Plasma Fruit in place of the heart (could be wrong though, I haven't played a vampire in ages). For some reason, a lot of paparazzi that used to spawn in my game were vampires, so they passed out a lot on my front lawn

Also one of my ghosts of popurazti who starved to death on my lawn from me refusing to invite them in, there toomb stone vanished when I swapped houses and came back.

I don't know if this is a function of something from the Nraas suite, but when inactives die in my game their tombstones fade out and reappear in the mausoleum's inventory.

Tl;dr: Nraas mods shilling

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:33 PM
I must respectfully disagree with some of the above. Well, not really disagree I guess but would state things a bit more strongly. Although it was indeed mentioned, it sounds to me like 90% of what the OP is experiencing is solely due to EA's story progression working as it does, not so much glitches and corruption. There are reasons that the two modded alternatives (NRaas SP and AwesomeMod's StoryMode) are so popular.

The glitched age-ups though, those should not be happening, but am unclear as to how those were being done and if Overwatch and ErrorTrap are in place to help protect against such issues. The aging unevenly would likely be due the sims being pulled into EA's version of CAS or any of its subsets rather than MasterController's as doing testingcheats CAS (or any of its subsets) on a sim will randomize their ages within their current age stage. MC's version of CAS does not do this, and is provided across the board if the MC Integration add-on module were in place.

Under EA story progression, anything including culling, that's removal of sims from the game entirely, can happen to other households when they are not actively being played. I would think the OP has been playing this game long enough to recognize that by now. There is no culling with either mod's version running and they each provide tools the player can leverage if they wish to preserve things like relationships, careers, and lock the ability to move houses if one wishes to rotate through a subset of the town and not find things have fallen apart in each household from where they were left. EA's story progression provides no such tools and, whether this was intentional by EA or not, is not really conducive to the player having a strong interest in more than one household per game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Most of what you're describing sounds like general game corruption, especially from adding and removing sims, aging them up with cheats etc.
If you don't have them already, I recommend getting Nraas ErrorTrap and Overwatch. Use this command from Overwatch:
(click on computer or City Hall) \ Nraas \ Overwatch \ Immediate \ Recover Missing Sims
to try and recover the sims you say are missing. It also wouldn't hurt to run "resetsim * " (asterisk included) in the console to reset everyone.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Nraas DebugEnabler has a "Resurrect Sim" command if you click on their tombstone.
The glitched family tree has often happened to me while traveling (sims showing up at the wrong age), and in the homeworld I once had a deceased sim show up weird on the portrait panel and make phone calls from beyond the grave. I can't tell you how to fix it, just assure you that you're not the only one
The divorces, job changes and "moves out of town" are a result of EA's wonderful story progression mechanic; if you are not actively controlling the sims, they can do all sorts of counter-productive things. To disallow inactive sims from getting divorced, adopting pets, and other annoying things, get Nraas Story Progression. Read up on it and tweak the settings as you see fit.

He might be considered "out of town" by the game if his portrait is gray.

You can use Nraas Master Controller to force them to go home. Click on sim, then Basic \ Go Home, and they'll leave.

Black and red ghost might be a Death By Thirst, which happens to vampires. IIRC the ghost has a pulsing Plasma Fruit in place of the heart (could be wrong though, I haven't played a vampire in ages). For some reason, a lot of paparazzi that used to spawn in my game were vampires, so they passed out a lot on my front lawn

I don't know if this is a function of something from the Nraas suite, but when inactives die in my game their tombstones fade out and reappear in the mausoleum's inventory.

Tl;dr: Nraas mods shilling

I have a master condole cheat download mod thing of some kind, Im not shore what brand. Nraas is the name of a menu I see a lot but ErrorTrap and Overwatch are not fammilar names. Links to downloads would help. I almost never use the city hall to go in my cheat menus so Im not familiar with it.

For the story I am telling iI only need screen shots so in game information isn't important. I was just curious.

I leave story progression on because some times sims will have kids on there own and some times those kids will grow up and you know, NOT DIE. Other times I put sims in houses on there own and check back on them to see there roommates are dead, there kids are dead, they have pets, there jobs are changed, there relationships are altered, some times even a vital sim to the story dies from a falling satilite or metior or just refuses to leave the lot and dies. I've seen mimes freeze to death and mermaids dry up Ive seen sims get clones and get removed from game play completely.

I was just wondering if the game running sims outside of my control wasn't able to feed all the babies and they just died off? or maybe all the kids are freezing to death? or if its just EA messing up? I turned off winter so it only gets freezing cold in the fall and I turned off hail , thunder and rain. but I also have a cheat disabling curfew so kids are just staying out all night. just mostly curious.

my past games never had babies / toddlers die off before. If a sim died it was normally a teen, young adult or elder and Im more used to sims having babies with out me. I wanted to make shore the cheats or the babies outnumbering the active adults wasn't the issue.

I'll check latter to see if I have Nraas ErrorTrap and Overwatch. but I think Overwatch is some thing I don't have and I know if I google "Download Sims 3 Overwatch." I'll get links to the game of the same name.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I must respectfully disagree with some of the above. Well, not really disagree I guess but would state things a bit more strongly. Although it was indeed mentioned, it sounds to me like 90% of what the OP is experiencing is solely due to EA's story progression working as it does, not so much glitches and corruption. There are reasons that the two modded alternatives (NRaas SP and AwesomeMod's StoryMode) are so popular.

The glitched age-ups though, those should not be happening, but am unclear as to how those were being done and if Overwatch and ErrorTrap are in place to help protect against such issues. The aging unevenly would likely be due the sims being pulled into EA's version of CAS or any of its subsets rather than MasterController's as doing testingcheats CAS (or any of its subsets) on a sim will randomize their ages within their current age stage. MC's version of CAS does not do this, and is provided across the board if the MC Integration add-on module were in place.

Under EA story progression, anything including culling, that's removal of sims from the game entirely, can happen to other households when they are not actively being played. I would think the OP has been playing this game long enough to recognize that by now. There is no culling with either mod's version running and they each provide tools the player can leverage if they wish to preserve things like relationships, careers, and lock the ability to move houses if one wishes to rotate through a subset of the town and not find things have fallen apart in each household from where they were left. EA's story progression provides no such tools and, whether this was intentional by EA or not, is not really conducive to the player having a strong interest in more than one household per game.

I have plaid the game for a long time, but not a lot, and don't always remember things. In this case Im just curious. The problem has many solutions. Since this exact one has never happened I want to avoid having it happen again. I also was looking for the fastest fix. Mostly I tell stories threw photos or videos. What happens in game is not that important. Its just having story progression ruin lives m ore often then it helps lives is some thing I am wondering about. I wanted to know iff the issue was from the game's AI making bad choices or from the game glitching out?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 6:08 PM Last edited by igazor : 5th Jul 2018 at 6:47 PM.
All NRaas mods, including MasterController (that you already have), StoryProgression, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap are available from NRaas. See the left side of the screen for the list of mods and where to download them.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com
(ignore any warnings about Wikispaces shutting down, we know that and will have moved to our new site before that affects us)

This page gives a (very) brief description for what each mod does. Click through any of them for more details, FAQ pages, and other documentation.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NRaas%2...nued#The%20Mods

There is no real "fast fix" for the broken things story progression does, although you could try switching it off entirely. We embrace the broken built in version, we use a modded version and accept its default settings, or we learn how to configure a modded version more to our liking.