Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 2:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default Fix for gambling skill not showing up
Howdy, I read via a search for a possible fix for the gambling skill not working. It says, "moved the 3 fix .package files to the Mods/Overrides folder, also, I made a copy of the ccmerge.package file and copied it into the Mods/Packages folder." This was from a 2012 post: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t...ng-skill-issues

Where do I find these files? Are the "fix" files in the DCBackup folder? If so are those the files that need moving? I'm guessing the ccmerge.package IS the one in the DCBackup folder, copied and moved as well?

I have a basic notion, but if someone has specifics, that'd be really helpful, lol. Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:29 AM Last edited by igazor : 9th Jul 2018 at 9:47 PM.
As you are probably already aware, no skill tab ever shows up on TS3 until the sim has reached Level 1.

But if your legitimately obtained premium store content is not working, the standard fix is to rebuild the ccmerged.package file that lives in DCBackup from scratch by dumping and reinstalling all of your store content or by replacing the file with a properly working one from a trusted source.
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...m-content-items

If premium content stubbornly still refuses to work, the next step would be to leave that ccmerged file in place in DCBackup but place a copy of it into Mods\Overrides.

The site you have linked to caters primarily to users of pirated games and content. I wouldn't trust or use any of its fixes or suggestions on legitimate installs nor would I expect anything in the way of support for what they offer here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 6:50 PM
Appreciate that, igazor. Thanks.