Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 10:34 AM
Oh wow. x_x I've been gone for a while lol. I'm glad so many people are trying this out though. ^^

Quote: Originally posted by BlindingEchoes
I like this challenge, I think I'm going to try it. As for school, what if instead of not sending them or just deleting the school from the world, just have the teen home school. Twallan has a mod for that, and the teen could download their homework off of the library's computer each day and send it in, that way they won't get bad grades and get a bad trait upon aging up.

Also, question. If my sim has a child as a teen and can get a part time job, would it be okay to use Twallan's custom Homemaker career? I feel like that would be the perfect career for someone who's on the fringe of society but still needs to make a little money.

Oh I didn't know he had a mod for that. o: That's a good idea.
And yeah, play however suits you lol. All of these people asking my permission to do things is making me feel weird. XD

Quote: Originally posted by PotterDoctor
can the teen have a pet with them?

Why not? ^^
Pets can dig things up and such, so that would be more for you to sell/collect.

Quote: Originally posted by blanketbasher
Can you have a husband or boyfriend because i want my daughter to have a father figure?

Yeah. c:

Quote: Originally posted by imawesomerer
You know how we have university,And you know how the mascot comes,And he drops off the basket.Can we sell it for money or have to leave it?And question about mail,If we get it do we not get it?

I didn't know you could sell it for money. xD
I guess you can if you want. I usually just throw it in their inventory and forget about it, since I got bored with Uni fast, but you could have them take the aptitude test and stuff too if you wanted.

Oh and about the mail, the bill should be really low. I think of it as a "tax" for the things you sell, rather than an actual rent bill. Makes it seem a little more realistic.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 3:42 AM
Can they become an author ?

If GOD is your Co-Pilot you are in the wrong seat.
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 9:32 AM
I don't understand how to install Twallan's mods. I download and put them in my Sims 3 downloads folder (is that even the right place?) but it doesn't work. Can someone please help this clueless bunyip out with a step-by-step "how-to" for Twallan's mods? I'm assuming the MasterController mod is important to all this, but I don't know what to do with it/how to make it work in my game.

I really want to try out this challenge, though, so if someone can help, that'd be awesome~!
Instructor
#29 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 10:06 AM
You need to install the mod framework and then put the mods in MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages.
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 10:40 PM
Oh! Thank you!
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 4:34 AM
I got really lucky and on day 3 I found a viewfinder in the trash. So I built a little home with the required living room, bedroom and bathroom. I'm now getting her a part time job since she's a teen.
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 4:53 AM
This Looks Really Fun
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:33 AM
This is amazing, going to try it! :D
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 9:52 AM
ahh this sounds so fun! Trying it! (:
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 2:56 PM
If you want to create a teen only house, you can install NRAAS master controller, base mod and then master controller integration to create a teen only house in CAS. You may also need Mover to get them to move into a household. You can change the curfew to none in Storyprogression with story progression extra under the menu: General: options: grads/proms/curfews:
*Curfew Based On Work Days
Whether to enforce curfew by whether a sim has work or school on the next sim-day
Default: True (set this to false)

*Curfew Enforcement Days
The days of the week on which to enforce curfew
Default: <All> (set to none)

Story progression conflicts with awesome mod. FYI
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Girlsimmer : 10th Jul 2013 at 3:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by othiym28
That's odd that neither mod seems to be working for you. What exactly is happening? Are you still getting curfew notices for your teen at 10PM?

I don't mean to sound patronizing and I'm certainly no expert, but if you can describe a bit more of what's actually happening with the curfew in your game, someone here can probably shed a bit more light on what might be happening.

All I can say for now is, do you have another mod that might possibly conflict with the curfew mods? You can use Delphy's Dashboard tool to help you find any conflicts with these mods.

yeah it comes up with the notice for her curfew :L i dont think so, i only have overwatch, curfew mod and wohooer in

also it says she cant get a part time job until she had a child or is a young adult. but if also says you cant have a full time job until you have a house. Does that mean if my sim has a house she cant get a full time job or does she at least have to have a part time job first?
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 1:52 PM
I made my sim start with 10 simoleons since I like to believe she had just started to save for her first car.
Test Subject
#38 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 9:21 PM
Are we allowed to sell the flowers we pick? Even ones that give 600?
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sammimcc1999
Are we allowed to sell the flowers we pick? Even ones that give 600?

yeah i dont see why not because its something natural and grows :P
Field Researcher
#40 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:55 AM
I never did a sims challenge and this one looks pretty plain and simple for me to start with. I believe the biggest challenge is gonna be not using cheats, since I never normally play sims without them anymore xD
Currently I have so much cc that it takes my game half an hour or more to open, but I'll be sure to give this a try once I finish cleaning it up.
Test Subject
#41 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 4:00 PM
this challenge looks too good to pass up i have to do this challenge its way too awesome xd anyways this gonna be my first challenge
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 9:53 PM
Once we have enough money, are we allowed to move from our original lot?

Great challenge. Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hie
Once we have enough money, are we allowed to move from our original lot?

Hm. There's nothing in the rules specifically against it. I wouldn't do it until near the end of the teen stage, when your teen would plausibly be 18 or 19, old enough to do that sort of thing legally.

That's probably a moot point, since your teen won't, in general, have that kind of money until late in the life stage. Unless she lucks out and finds a piece of Tiberium while dumpster diving or otherwise gets a sudden windfall.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 9:54 AM Last edited by Minaki : 15th Jul 2013 at 1:11 PM.
Hm. There's nothing in the rules specifically against it. I wouldn't do it until near the end of the teen stage, when your teen would plausibly be 18 or 19, old enough to do that sort of thing legally.

Well, I think I'll only be following the money rule on this one, since my teen will be a forever-teen just like PeterPan was a forever-child, cause I play with the age progression locked.
I'm adding mods to make it a bit harder for her to get money (such as higher bill cost and having to pay for the newspaper delivery), anyone has suggestions on other mods I could use for this purpose?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 1:41 PM
Well, it's not so much a money mod, but one thing I use that adds to the challenge, especially in the beginning, is ani's No Shopping from Fridge.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/466990

I think it lends a bit of realism, and in this case, makes it a lot more urgent that your teens get out there and get a little money together or otherwise scrounge up some food ingredients.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 3:38 PM
Well, it's not so much a money mod, but one thing I use that adds to the challenge, especially in the beginning, is ani's No Shopping from Fridge.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/466990

I think it lends a bit of realism, and in this case, makes it a lot more urgent that your teens get out there and get a little money together or otherwise scrounge up some food ingredients.

I also considered making her pay for taxi rides but that mod is still under development it seems. Also, since I have the cigarettes mod I could make her a smoker so that she'd get addicted and kept having to buy more cigarettes, but I'm not so sure I wanna initiate her in such bad habits.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 2:38 PM
Can we make a non-human teen?
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 7:25 PM
Is there a rule against who she can marry like can she marry a rich son ( teen atm) obv in later life not right now haha XD
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 8:39 PM

This was an.. interesting challenge, to say the least. Here is a pic of my sims chillin' with her little hobo thing, mostly made of stuff I found in the garbage and stole.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pxnkaces
Instead of plopping down a 10x10 lot in Bridgeport (just cause I can't seem to find a place for it to actually go) Could I pick one of the lots that is already there and add bushes, trees, rocks etc. To make it look like it's not been used?
Actually if you go behind the school where the "Football" Field is you can easily plop something down there ,I have supernatural and I've put the Vault of Antiquity there, but as seeing that you ARE a runaway and to HOPEFULLY soon to be building yourself a little shack of your own I guess that'd draw attention. Sims all gossiping saying: HEY! There's some crazy chick(or guy) in the middle of the football field!

Question: Can we play without mods? My computer has file issues and I don't understand the process or what else you need to download before downloading a mod.

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Page 2 of 17