Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 2:21 PM
Default UFO spotted over the UK
In the news;

Quote:
'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot

One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

An official air-miss report on the incident several weeks ago appears in Pilot magazine.

Aurigny Airlines captain Ray Bowyer, 50, flying close to Alderney first spotted the object, described as "a cigar-shaped brilliant white light".

As the plane got closer the captain viewed it through binoculars and said: "It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area.

"It was 2,000ft up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737.

"But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

Continuing his approach to Guernsey, Bowyer then spied a "second identical object further to the west".

He said: "It was exactly the same but looked smaller because it was further away. It was closer to Guernsey. I can't explain it. This was clearly visual for about nine minutes.

"I'm certainly not saying that it was something of another world. All I'm saying is that I have never seen anything like it before in all my years of flying."

The sightings were confirmed by passengers Kate and John Russell. John, 74, said: "I saw an orange light. It was like an elongated oval."

The sightings were also confirmed by an unnamed pilot with the Blue Islands airline.

The Civil Aviation Authority safety notice states that a Tri-Lander aircraft flying close to Alderney spotted the object.

"Certain parts of the report have not been published. I cannot say why," said a senior CAA source.

Earlier this year, however, the MOD declared its intentions to open its UFO files to the public.

I am one who believes that we are not alone in the universe. I wouldn't be surprised that we very well may have been visited by another life form. Possible studding how we evolve as a species. I have never seen a UFO, would love to.

I wonder, how may of you have? Or what are your beliefs on UFOs

Erasing One Big Astounding Mistake All-around
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 2:29 PM
Oh noes! Its the Vogons!
but seriously..
It could be something or not..its was just one person who was a witness wasn't it?
#3 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 2:32 PM
brandon see:

Quote:
One of the largest UFOs ever seen has been observed by the crew and passengers of an airliner over the Channel Islands.

lol

UFOs! so cool. Although I have never seen one i am sure they are there. After all whats the probability that only one planet in millions can host 'intelligent' life.
#4 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 2:41 PM
I totally agree. I has been proven that every star in the galaxy (probably in the universe too) has a solar system of its own, and our solar system is considered small compared to the ones found connected to other stars. I mean it's almost certain that at least one of these planets on other systems have the same conditions for life as we do here, or maybe they have different conditions that gave "life" to another way of life... like living beings that don't need oxygen but another gaz...
Like there is a possibility that a more evolved world is out there, there is also the possibility that a less evolved world is.

as for UFOs, I'm not too sure. I think I would really have to see one to believe it. So many stories have been made up, at first considered as UFOs and such, but then proven to be false or frauds...
Scholar
#5 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:04 PM
We already have enough problems, do we really need aliens involved?
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:17 PM
Yeah, I also believe that there's life on other planets, and maybe these Aliens have the advanced technology that makes it possible for them to come and visit us.
Feels nerdy to admit it, but me and my friends might actually have already seen an UFO. At least we saw something that we could not explain otherwise.
It was about 7 years ago, we were on holidays. One evening, we were sitting at the balcony, watching the stars when we suddnly saw a strange ray of very bright light coming from the gorund. Then the light stopped in the middle of the air, in form of a ball. After a few more seconds it sended out three rays of light in three different directions (a bit like the atomic sign) and then it was gone. We all saw it and it felt very strange. My one friend started to shake uncontrollably and one other girl just had tears streaming down her face. I felt sad for some reason ...
Whatever it was, it was very strange!
#7 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:17 PM
woo hoo found one thing similar to amish nick :frog: I also believe we're not alone! how could we, the universe is so big, to assume we are alone would be too egotistical.

back to ufo, thanks for the link , going to check space.com see what they says

ah, disappointment someone claims to be operating the blimp like "ufo" the video

and :howdy: goodnight sleeptight my eye loosk like this :eye: now have to go sleeepy bye.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nixie
ah, disappointment someone claims to be operating the blimp like "ufo"
Your story link is to a Salt Lake City USA story. Mine was about a sighting over Brittan. Two different stories.

Erasing One Big Astounding Mistake All-around
#9 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:13 PM
I thought I saw a UFO once, but quickly decided I was overworked and simply hallucinating. I dont know what to believe, I just feel I dont want to believe in it. Its simply enough as it is ( to believe, or not believe...)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:18 PM
I saw some unexplained lights in the sky once... I wonder if it was UFO's. I too believe that aliens exist. I would love to see positive proof of their existance before I die. Er... I mean, who else built the pyramids?

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Theorist
#11 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:40 PM
since he was a pilot in a plane at the time, have any of the passengers been able to corroborate his story? If you get passengers claiming they saw something too, at the same time the pilot says he saw something, thats a lot harder to dismiss. You can't dismiss a plane full of people all saying they saw something than you can a single person.

Personally, I think it was probably a helicopter or something. I do believe that there could be life on other planets, however, I have a feeling that if they had the tech to travel from their planet to ours, they probably could manage a way to remain hidden as well. Not only that, but, if they were that technologically advanced, why bother looking around? They would know from our radio and television signals how far behind from them we are, there probably wouldn't be anything of interest to them. Basically, anyone technologically advanced enough to make the trip to Earth is going to be so far ahead of us we have little to offer them. In order to make the trip, it would be a huge undertaking, and any alien race would have to determine if the costs were worth the trip. What do we have to offer them to justify the trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
#12 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:43 PM
davious- maybe in the same we we spent immense amount of money finding things out about the past? just they extend to the universe.

The first line says:
Quote:

And so if it was a crew and passenger thats a few people.

Also if they thought it was the size of a boeing 747 thats quite a bit larger than a helicopter.
Alchemist
#13 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by davious
since he was a pilot in a plane at the time, have any of the passengers been able to corroborate his story? If you get passengers claiming they saw something too, at the same time the pilot says he saw something, thats a lot harder to dismiss. You can't dismiss a plane full of people all saying they saw something than you can a single person.

Personally, I think it was probably a helicopter or something. I do believe that there could be life on other planets, however, I have a feeling that if they had the tech to travel from their planet to ours, they probably could manage a way to remain hidden as well. Not only that, but, if they were that technologically advanced, why bother looking around? They would know from our radio and television signals how far behind from them we are, there probably wouldn't be anything of interest to them. Basically, anyone technologically advanced enough to make the trip to Earth is going to be so far ahead of us we have little to offer them. In order to make the trip, it would be a huge undertaking, and any alien race would have to determine if the costs were worth the trip. What do we have to offer them to justify the trip?

It says in the quoted article that the passengers and pilot saw it, and another pilot in another plane saw it, as well.
#14 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:19 AM
Yes, passengers saw it as well,

amish nick, I was very tired so if the information was wrong, my apology.

I think outer space life probably cannot reach earth, as we all know it would take ages to travel to far away planets.
Alchemist
#15 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nixie
Yes, passengers saw it as well,

amish nick, I was very tired so if the information was wrong, my apology.

I think outer space life probably cannot reach earth, as we all know it would take ages to travel to far away planets.

Yes, it would take ages to reach far away planets using OUR methods, but it's possible there are beings out there who can travel further than we can even imagine.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 8:14 AM
I don't believe in the stereotype aliens, but I do believe in small, simple lifeforms outside of this planet. The organisms that humans transfer to other planets (lice, mites, etc.) could provide for pioneer-ecosystems to form. But anything could be possible.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 10:28 AM
Oh I love all these about UFOs and extraterristeral life! And Astronomy, of course. It's fascinating. And yes I do believe that life in outer space will be more intelligent than the Earthlings, if they're not just bacteria and tiny lifeforms. They totally could've created some superpower machine & launched it at Earth :D

By the way, thanks for sharing the news, Amish Nick

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
#18 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 12:35 PM
I don't know if it's true or not but I'd like to believe it as I do believe in existence of life on other planets. Once I even thought I'm seeing a spaceship myself. Tho I can't regret the possibility of hallucination as I was very tired that night. It happened on the first days of last September.. We were traveling from Gdansk (Poland) airport with my daughter, my boyfriends dad and his friend. I as always was starring through the window hoping to see something interesting and right after crossing the bound of Elblag city it hit me: a huge metalic thing flashed in the sky and in just about 10 seconds hidded in the woods. Considering it's size and distance between it and our car it couldn't be neither plane nor helicopter and I've never seen such a fast plane in my life. Plus it was more silver than white colored and looked more like an upside-down plate or a shell than a plane. I wanted my boyfriends dad to see that but he was asleep so I just starred at the window all frozen from the shock seeing that thing left to me.. I've never told about it to anyone besides my mom and she said I should eat more veggies as it's probably tirredness and the lack of food what caused my supposed halucinations but, hey, I know what I saw and I believe it wasn't just my tirredness :-/
Scholar
#19 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 5:25 PM
Ahem. *Clears throat and prepares to lose credibility with "The Cynics".* :P

I can't remember the year, but it's on my calender but I do recall it was the 31st December. Before I got my telescope I'd look outside at the night sky before I went to bed (having caught a few shooting stars, I always like to see if I'll see a few more on the cuff). It wasn't that far away, so I could see if quite clearly (and no, being just before New Years, I still wasn't drunk in the slightest). It didn't actually make a sound, which is why I was all, "Whaaa...?" at first. There wasn't any discernible engine sound.

Black, circular, and not overly wide actually, though probably tall enough to seat a tall person; little red circular lights going around it. It was going very slow and flew over the roof by my window. I went to the front of the house but whatever it was, it must've flown up instead of across because there was nothing else.

My dad, on the otherhand, either before I was born or really little, saw - I think he said six. He was outside in the garden at night, letting our dog out. He saw a larger one high in the sky, zipping across, and 5 small "things" moving around it before they disappeared. He went inside quickly he said, .
Scholar
#20 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 6:07 PM
Ok before i start i had to let you guys know that I am not no science wiz, or geek. Heck i'm barely passing the class .. I'm just one of those girls that believe in certain things and likes to tell people about it (ha if my friends knew that i would be considered something along the lines of a "nerd")

Anyways to begin about 8 or 9 years ago when i was about 6 or 7 my family went out to dinner. After we went do dinner we decided that we would go to walmart, to which my parents bought all us kids a toy or something, because we were so good. Upon driving home my parents spotted something hovering above one of the highest hills near our house. They were dazed and confused about what it was. When i looked out the window i thought it might have been a plane, but then again what plane stays in one spot for 15 minutes. Then another possibility is that it could have been a "blimp" and the reason why it couldn't have been, because it was probably 10:30 at night and it was light up brigter then anything. The shape of the object was also pretty wierd, but we couldn't stay forever to look at it, because well there were 4 kids from the ages of 0-8 in the car that were getting pretty restless.

Another thing is, is that I live in Nevada. I think Area 51 is somewhere near me, but i'm not quite sure. Maybe there is more object or UFO sightings in Nevada. Here the clouds get pretty wierd, I remember one day in P.E when i was with one of my ex boyfriends (Currently dating at the time) and he pointed all these clouds out to me that looked just like UFO's. He was originally from Oregon, so he was kind of amuzed by it and he said something like he never saw many clouds in that kind of shape of a UFO before. Here there like everywhere everytime clouds fill the sky.

PixieDust_Fairy

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
#21 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 11:48 PM
I love stuff like this. However the fact of the size or the reported objects are worrying. Heck, todays diffused bomb in london was enough for me!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 10:05 AM
I do belive we aren't the only ones here in this whole universe we just can't be I remember seeing one of those alien type things except they floated off the ground and were flying above the building were we where it was atleast 3 or 4 feet tall it had a hood on and it seemed I guess female like but I don't know if aliens have a gender.