Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6076 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 6:38 PM
@Rosebine - I know the falling in love with a test sim feeling well For a while Test Sim lived alone in Test Hood until I gave up, changed the hood and the sim's name, added the townies back and made him some neighbours
Advertisement
Inventor
#6077 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:29 AM
I remembered trying to deliberately kill a Sim in my base game once. I ended up feeling too sympathetic for this pitiful soul that I couldn't do it. I was indeed a monster for trying such a misdeed, and I haven't tried again since. My main purpose was to have at least one Sim die at a particular home lot so I can fulfill a knowledge Sim's need to see ghosts. I was getting quite annoyed to see it and "Saved from death" clog up the wants list every day of a Sim's life.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#6078 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:48 AM
I liked one test family so much that when the test hood died I remade them for my new test hood.
Alchemist
#6079 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I checked and I have 4.

When you'd like to play your school but it's too small.
It needs room for 23 students and I'm too lazy to build another school.

Do what the real schools do--make the kids learn in shifts! I actually did this in my test Veronaville when I was trying out how the school system worked for the first time. Having all the kids and teens together in the school was a bit too crowded/overwhelming for me, especially since I built the school on a 2x3 lot or something. So I just played the school lot twice, one week for teens and one for the kids. You could turn aging off if there's playables that live there, otherwise just make it a community lot and use the weathernaught or cheats to reset the season.

Anyway, I can't say I get too attached to my test sims, as I am a serial hood restarter and abandon everyone and everything eventually. Idk why, but I"m always like, but 'what if we did this instead?' or 'I don't like how that turned out; let's redo that last bit.'

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6080 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
. . . I am a serial hood restarter and abandon everyone and everything eventually. Idk why, but I"m always like, but 'what if we did this instead?' or 'I don't like how that turned out; let's redo that last bit.'
I am the total opposite! I just keep going forward from whatever has happened. As in life, the past can't be altered, But I've looked after my Sims so well (with at times I think considerable help from their guardian angels!) that none of them has ever died, so all the Sims I've ever played are alive and waiting to be played again. I especially love Andrew and Gloria, the two Sims I created the first time I started up the game.

As for how I feel about my test Sims, just read this story. My test Sims enjoy the same inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as all my other Sims.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#6081 Old 1st May 2018 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Do what the real schools do--make the kids learn in shifts! I actually did this in my test Veronaville when I was trying out how the school system worked for the first time. Having all the kids and teens together in the school was a bit too crowded/overwhelming for me, especially since I built the school on a 2x3 lot or something. So I just played the school lot twice, one week for teens and one for the kids. You could turn aging off if there's playables that live there, otherwise just make it a community lot and use the weathernaught or cheats to reset the season.

@Phantomknight
I'm used to play schools on owned community lots. It works best for me.
Truth is I'm not fond of building/remodelling (hence the ranting) especially when the hood funds are limited.
Bonnevillians are pretty poor compared to the inhabitants of my previous hoods (I play with the no20khandout and noinheritancemoney hacks).

I'd rather have all students at school at the same time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6082 Old 1st May 2018 at 11:28 AM
Luckily I feel no attachment to the at least dozen sims who have given themselves up as guineapig testers for my corrupt game. They are made in about 2 minutes and often don't even make it out whole of CAS but as a head and upper chest! Today was to be the big uninstall, but guess what my game won't even uninstall. <_< Tomorrow its manual uninstall and registry files for all 18 disks. Next time I say I need a new computer, remind me not to!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6083 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:45 PM
Eugh great. After a download spree, I opened my game and realised that one of the meshes for a female top isn't working. I hover my cursor over it and it doesn't have a name or any kind of description.... I downloaded so much! This is going to take me forever.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#6084 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Eugh great. After a download spree, I opened my game and realised that one of the meshes for a female top isn't working. I hover my cursor over it and it doesn't have a name or any kind of description.... I downloaded so much! This is going to take me forever.

Yeah, I had the same issue the other night. Got most of the bad cc out, but I just said "Eh, whatever" to the unlabeled stuff, haha. It doesn't bother me that much. Good luck purging the broken stuff!
Theorist
#6085 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:01 PM
I never really get attached to Test Sims, I'm pretty successful in preventing that by creating them on a strict template: Face 1, Black Hair, Skin 1, Dark Blue Eyes, Scorpio, shaven hairstyle, wearing one of those Racer/Motorcyclist/Scuba Diver outfits from the basegame. I treat them as pod people.

That's actually a Sim-related thought i wanted to share for a while, but was a bit worried about addressing: reaction to Sim death.
Like sometimes when I read these forums, I wonder whether it's unusual how...not bothered I am about it. Like I don't go out of my way to drown them or anything and if they make it to their natural death (which most still do in non-Apocalypse hoods) I'm going to put effort into getting them the Hula-Zobie variation of the cutscene, but if the random scenario list I'm using falls on something fatal, then it generally happens and often produces interesting storylines, like Jeff Pleasant's life in my Current Beginning of Pleasantview Neighbourhood: his mother died of complications at birth, his father never recovered from tat and disappeared when Jeff became a teenager, so Jeff went to live with the family of his future wife, Diane, Diane's father was in the military, they developed a close bond, inspiring Jeff to enlist too, and that's why Jeff Pleasant from Sims 1 is in the military in my game (and by now he actually has made it to Mars)

In that way I pretty much treat them like I do with the characters in other stories I write.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#6086 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I never really get attached to Test Sims, I'm pretty successful in preventing that by creating them on a strict template: Face 1, Black Hair, Skin 1, Dark Blue Eyes, Scorpio, shaven hairstyle, wearing one of those Racer/Motorcyclist/Scuba Diver outfits from the basegame. I treat them as pod people.

That's actually a Sim-related thought i wanted to share for a while, but was a bit worried about addressing: reaction to Sim death.
Like sometimes when I read these forums, I wonder whether it's unusual how...not bothered I am about it. Like I don't go out of my way to drown them or anything and if they make it to their natural death (which most still do in non-Apocalypse hoods) I'm going to put effort into getting them the Hula-Zobie variation of the cutscene, but if the random scenario list I'm using falls on something fatal, then it generally happens and often produces interesting storylines, like Jeff Pleasant's life in my Current Beginning of Pleasantview Neighbourhood: his mother died of complications at birth, his father never recovered from tat and disappeared when Jeff became a teenager, so Jeff went to live with the family of his future wife, Diane, Diane's father was in the military, they developed a close bond, inspiring Jeff to enlist too, and that's why Jeff Pleasant from Sims 1 is in the military in my game (and by now he actually has made it to Mars)

In that way I pretty much treat them like I do with the characters in other stories I write.

I'm the same way. There's the occasional Sim whose death makes me sad, but I don't get super attached to most of my Sims. It probably helps that I speed 3 through the majority of their lives lmfao. Either way, if I have to kill them off due to a random roll, or they die naturally, I view it more as a story driver than something to be devastated over. I could never play with aging off because I'd get bored.
Inventor
#6087 Old 1st May 2018 at 10:21 PM
For some reason my brain decided to bring back a vague memory of a Sims 2 video I watched way back when, I bet I was 7 or 8 years old when I watched this. All I remember is that it was set in a hospital with a couple that were expecting their first kid and some instrumental music was playing throughout the whole 240p video. They had CC hair and those photo-realistic skintones. There was one bit where the RN was performing an ultrasound and then it switched to the whole birthing process like those old TLC pregnancy shows, and then the baby was born- I think it was a girl. Did I possibly hallucinate this or was this a product of that Chris Hatch hospital mod I heard about, or even very complicated poseboxes ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6088 Old 1st May 2018 at 10:30 PM
There was another 'real birth' mod and I forget the creator's name, but I think Xsomething and it was on insim. He left and took all his downloads with him some years ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#6089 Old 1st May 2018 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There was another 'real birth' mod and I forget the creator's name, but I think Xsomething and it was on insim. He left and took all his downloads with him some years ago.

That was probably the mod I saw in that video but I was too young to really understand what was going on :S, and I doubt that video still exists.
Mad Poster
#6090 Old 2nd May 2018 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
Yeah, I had the same issue the other night. Got most of the bad cc out, but I just said "Eh, whatever" to the unlabeled stuff, haha. It doesn't bother me that much. Good luck purging the broken stuff!

Can't find it! I'm getting mildly frustrated.
I even downloaded the download organiser to find this texture without a mesh... Nothing! Then I just plain searched through my newest installed cc... Everything in the female adult category is counted for. I've tried recounting my steps but that isn't working.

For now, I just have 4 not-working female tops in my game...

Lab Assistant
#6091 Old 2nd May 2018 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Can't find it! I'm getting mildly frustrated.
I even downloaded the download organiser to find this texture without a mesh... Nothing! Then I just plain searched through my newest installed cc... Everything in the female adult category is counted for. I've tried recounting my steps but that isn't working.

For now, I just have 4 not-working female tops in my game...

I think I've seen some people put the cc on a Sim in bodyshop, package the sim, and then see what the file is with cleaninstaller? You could try doing that maybe. It might not work since the name isn't showing in game but it's something easy to check.
Top Secret Researcher
#6092 Old 2nd May 2018 at 10:49 PM
Just recently I loaded a game to discover that some clothing mesh seemed to be missing and I had no idea what it was. I just deleted it. If I needed it later, whatever it was, I'm sure I could find it again. Really annoying though.
Mad Poster
#6093 Old 2nd May 2018 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butler-pate
I think I've seen some people put the cc on a Sim in bodyshop, package the sim, and then see what the file is with cleaninstaller? You could try doing that maybe. It might not work since the name isn't showing in game but it's something easy to check.

Ooo that's a brilliant idea! I've never heard of doing that before. Then again, I've never used cleaninstaller before.

Inventor
#6094 Old 3rd May 2018 at 3:58 AM
I've been working on my legacy sim's family tree for the past 3 days now and it's nowhere near done (sorry for how it's so small, there was no way for me to save it as a .png with that website so I had to take a screenshot. I got as big as I could without cutting off the ones on the far ends):

Mad Poster
#6095 Old 3rd May 2018 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Yeah, but I think Chris Hatch incorporated the table into his hospital mod.
Scholar
#6096 Old 3rd May 2018 at 1:25 PM
XPTL is his name, his stuff is available at the Sims2Graveyard. Unfortunately his birthing tables never went beyond 'fake births', OK for story telling but useless for game play. A&N's hospitals will recognise his birthing tables and use them for real births if available but personally I don't like using them because the animation limitations means the newborn begins life dumped on the ground instead of in mum's arms.
Lab Assistant
#6097 Old 3rd May 2018 at 5:29 PM
On the family tree bandwagon, this is the tree of my BACC founding family. I started playing it in late March. The first kid of generation four was born just a few days ago! http://prntscr.com/jdamna

One thing I love about the Sims is that I can give their kids names that I love but wouldn't necessarily use in real life (either because I think it'd be too "out there", or because my boyfriend would veto it). Not all of the names on the tree reflect that, mind you.
Mad Poster
#6098 Old 3rd May 2018 at 5:39 PM
Oh Yeah, I hear you. I would never name my son Caius Céplus, or my daughter Chaussetrus. But it fits greatly in the game...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#6099 Old 3rd May 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
On the family tree bandwagon, this is the tree of my BACC founding family. I started playing it in late March. The first kid of generation four was born just a few days ago! http://prntscr.com/jdamna

One thing I love about the Sims is that I can give their kids names that I love but wouldn't necessarily use in real life (either because I think it'd be too "out there", or because my boyfriend would veto it). Not all of the names on the tree reflect that, mind you.

I love how there's two Warren Strifes , but that's a really neat family tree you got going on there! It's much cleaner than mine by far .
Lab Assistant
#6100 Old 3rd May 2018 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I love how there's two Warren Strifes , but that's a really neat family tree you got going on there! It's much cleaner than mine by far .

Oh, that Warren gets around! Who knows how many baby mamas he'll end up with? lol

Thank you! <3
Page 244 of 515