Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#7826 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 9:51 PM
Must be a crime wave, my sims just got burgled too and I hadn't seen it happen in forever, probably real life years. What's WTF about it was that Mr Burglar showed up while my Master thief sim was at work. Is there no professional courtesy anymore?!
Advertisement
Inventor
#7827 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Must be a crime wave, my sims just got burgled too and I hadn't seen it happen in forever, probably real life years. What's WTF about it was that Mr Burglar showed up while my Master thief sim was at work. Is there no professional courtesy anymore?!

Must be, as I'm playing the next day after the first burglary and I'm being burglarized again.
Scholar
#7828 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM Last edited by skydome : 9th Aug 2018 at 7:27 PM.
I have a cool burglar story.
So when I was playing in Bridgeport. One of the Apartment has a NPC door neighbour who would come to my house to rob me. I think she robbed me like 3 nights in a row I later go myself a Bonehilda. Much more reliable than the police.

Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Oh I have that all the time, worse, my sim has 5 kids :/ ... (one's actually my avatar lol)

OMG that must get annoying a lot.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
So this is the sim kid's version of "I need a drink of water...I need the potty… I need another glass of water... I need a kiss goodnight... I need the potty again...?"

Pretty much
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#7829 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
I have a cool burglar story.
So when I was playing in Bridgeport. One of the Apartment has a NPC door neighbour who would come to my house to rob me. I think she robbed me like 3 nights in a row I later go myself a Bonehilda. Much more reliable than the police.

OMG that must get annoying a lot.

Maybe every night put something in front of the main door, I sometimes messed around with my sims by dragging an object in front of them while they were walking, and they'd keep stopping to go around the object, and when they reached the door they'd tap their foot and then stomp lol.

And yep, but in fact, instead of them going to bed and then getting out it's a continuous "ask for bedtime story" like one asks, then the mom faces another one and they ask, then another and another, it's like the mom does continuous spins for hours...

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Forum Resident
#7830 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
Burglar music starts playing and I see the burglar creeping over my lot. The burglar alarm doesn't go off and I'm thinking that's weird. The burglar proceeds to sneak into my house and out of the back door. THEN the alarm goes off, perfectly normal of course . Both my sims are brave but the police agent that arrives has a go first and of course loses. Both my sims are tying to beat up the burglar at that point, I choose Ralof to fight him as he is higher in athletic and Ralof wins.
Meanwhile the police agent is swimming in my pool, just chilling. I'm making plans on killing that incompetent dude later on, but then BEHOLD he gets out of the pool and actually arrests the burglar!

Oh my burglar story, my poor legacy Sim got robbed like 5 times in a span of two generations, one time when she was dirt poor, and the other when she was actually rich. And half of the time the cop pulls up, the burglar runs right past him/her and pass the police car.. "Sorry couldn't get him." Seriously! You incompent fool he just passed you.
Don't get me started when I had four dogs on the same lot, where none of them did anything, they were large dogs that looked like wolves.. I shouted "WHY AREN'T YOU ATTACKING HIM!"

No wonder why the burgalar kept coming back.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Scholar
#7831 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:34 AM
One of my sims just got pregnant. She'd just used the toilet to pee and was still standing right in front of it when she felt the urgent need to vomit. So what does she do? She runs all the way downstairs to the ground floor bathroom and uses that one instead. Sims are dumb!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#7832 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:22 PM
The fact that Wha Kuia went to far in the bench when she used it and managed to do this
Screenshots

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Lab Assistant
#7833 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 3:22 PM
I get that glitch in my game all the time. It's really bad with the children's toys like the peg box and block table. I had one toddler sitting in front of the zalaphone with her arms reaching behind her. Her wrists were so bent they looked like the had just snapped in half. I'm really getting sick of it since it happens like 1/2 times my sims go to play with one of those toys.
Scholar
#7834 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 6:52 AM.
I think it's something they get from their parents...

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Instructor
#7835 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:06 AM
Less what Sims do, more like what the game does. I don't understand how builders get ANYTHING done. Every single time I put time or effort into building or decorating, the game either crashes or gets stuck in an endless loading screen. So frustrated right now.
Field Researcher
#7836 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eronel
Less what Sims do, more like what the game does. I don't understand how builders get ANYTHING done. Every single time I put time or effort into building or decorating, the game either crashes or gets stuck in an endless loading screen. So frustrated right now.

I would suggest using edit town every time you finish a section of what you're making and save in intervals, or save the lot to your library before trying to save the game (Just to be safe). That happened to me often on my old PC if I was working on something for an extended period of time.
Instructor
#7837 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
I would suggest using edit town every time you finish a section of what you're making and save in intervals, or save the lot to your library before trying to save the game (Just to be safe). That happened to me often on my old PC if I was working on something for an extended period of time.

That's what I try to do but it's just so exhausting because I end up needing to save like, every 5 minutes. God forbid I get invested in a certain room and forget to save until its done.
Instructor
#7838 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:14 AM

I forgot to have Bella put Alexander down before I sent her to go ice skating
Lab Assistant
#7839 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 8:39 AM
The future Emperor of all thing Evil goes to work to do his evil things....and promptly gets arrested. He emerges from the volcano lair, runs down several roads to the police cab parked miles away (as you do)... and sits in it for a while...
I check around, and there is no officer in sight. Good, so Mr Emperor-in-spe can get back to the volcano, right? Instead, he opts to waterboat and then take a taxi to the police station. Basically, he turned himself in.

omnis mundi creatura
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#7840 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 10:23 PM
I just captured this bizarre moment of my little sims pillow fighting, out of place and getting angry with one another :I

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
#7841 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 9:30 PM
A fire started during my child sim's birthday party. On top of the party being a failure because, you know, fire, the firefighters didn't even put the whole fire out! Just the fire in the living room. And then they fined me when I called again.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Instructor
#7842 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 5:44 AM
When it's raining cats and dogs but there they are, watering the garden.
Field Researcher
#7843 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 12:33 PM

It doesn't have the function he wants...
Test Subject
#7844 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 2:13 PM
Doing dishes, if there is a line for the sink/dishwasher, my sim will put the dish down and just walk off. I hate that, just wait 10 seconds and clean your dish!
Scholar
#7845 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 5:39 AM Last edited by Elynda : 10th Jan 2019 at 10:42 PM.
It is Sunday afternoon. Outside it is tipping down with rain, and two of my sims are at home wondering what to do with themselves. So I place a drum kit in the middle of a fairly spacious living room and tell one of them, who is a drummer, to start a jam session. Then I tell the other, who happens to be a guitarist, to join in said jam session. So what does she do? She changes into outdoor wear, carries the guitar out into the garden, and stands there playing in the pouring rain. Evidently she hankers after the glory days of the Isle of Wight festival.

Mad Poster
#7846 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 7:28 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Jan 2019 at 8:34 PM.
The mere fact in my games, the simself of Lee Unkrich got mad at my simself instead of Erik Estrada's simself when he seduced my simself. My simself was an unwitting, willing victim to his charms.

That was a weird thing. But it no longer matters. Lee divorced me and moved out.

Technically, Erik was to get a sound beating from Lee, but my simself was berated along the lines of "You little whore! Now I know why you can't keep a lover. Once you get bored with your current guy, you chase after the nearest guy with tight jeans and credit cards without limits. I'm not going to have this. I never want to see you again. We're through!" (He was pretty angry at my simself that the interpretations of his Simlish with the bubbles was entertaining to translate.)

To reiterate: Lee is supposed to be angry at Erik because Kymchee was taken by surprise with Erik's Flirty behavior. Kymchee was being tossed around like a ragdoll as Erik charmed her.

The AI is somewhat of an accusatory nature. Goes after the wife in this case rather than the Casanova stealing her.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#7847 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 4:56 PM
This thread isn't allowed to die

Bella, please, you're not even being subtle about this swooning over your husband right next to him while he's taking a shower is a liiiitle creepy
Scholar
#7848 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 6:47 AM.
I think the aliens have been monitoring Earth T.V. broadcasts too much...

This one evidently thinks that dressing like Homer Simpson will make him less conspicuous.

Mad Poster
#7849 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I think the aliens have been monitoring Earth T.V. broadcasts too much...

This one evidently thinks that dressing like Homer Simpson will make him less conspicuous.

Well, Homer Simpson is the best representative figure in fiction who represents the American every man: he has a job that puts him in the hot seat, even if his boss needs his assistant to remind him his name and position at the office; he craves the basic of base hungers any man normally craves, his wife and him have been sweethearts since high school, they married and had three kids (the once standard 2.3 kids) and psychological baggage from the madness of his large town. Almost every week since December of 1989, the series had one crazy domestic chaos event after another. I still like when "The Baby-Sitter Bandit" tried to get away with thievery and Bart, Lisa and Maggie were able to bound and gag her... only for Homer to undo a night's worth of ambush techniques.

Besides, that X-Files crossover episode makes this "OMG WTF" resonate further.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#7850 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 12:39 AM
Despite lacking any sort of higher education he's able to comfortably provide for his wife and 3 kids. He drives a big American sedan and lives in a nice suburban home......he's an everyman, but an everyman of a long-gone era.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Page 314 of 321