Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 11:30 PM
It is a lot of work but it's so worthy! I got so fed up of spending my time restyling the townies - my game at that time crashing after 3 styling and the townies apparently all spawning with fins, pirate boots, jester hats or hospital gowns! I was checking the townies while waiting for my sim to finish her work when I saw yet another elder with a Santa hat I exploded. Searched for tutorials and started my big cleaning. Took me 2 months to clean up the huge mess! But when you get used to do it you do it very fast, the Katy Perry one barely took me like 10 minutes to set up, a store set takes 5 to 10 minutes. I'm also so happy I banned several base game stuff I deeply loathed, like the toddler bald hair or the female mohawk, set those to not random and not appearing in CAS as to not clutter my CAS!
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#27 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 12:33 AM
I do have to say that while I love most of the features Seasons has brought us, the freaking fins make me nuts.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ViolettaVie
If you are familiar with S3PE you can fix that. If not, it's quite simple anyway.

1- Go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache

2- Open dcdb0 in S3PE 3- Sort by name

4- Find the THUMB and the corresponding CASP of whatever outfit, hairs, or shoes you wish to override.

5- Right click on the THUM and the CASP and "Export to file". To be organized, make a folder for them anywhere you want. You don't have to export the thumbnails but it makes it easier when you can see which file you are modding.

6- When you have extracted all the files you wish, close dcdb0 and open the next one dcdb1 if you have another one and export the files you wish.

7- Once that's done create a new file in S3PE.

8- Right-click on the white empty space and import from file. Import all files you extracted. It will ask you if you want to save the file after importing. You can do that now if you want. I name mine StoreCAS_Overrides and I save it in the folder where my exported files are as a backup. You can do that or not.

9- Once everything is imported, click on a CASP. You will see info on each CASP and the right such as:
Clothing: 0x00000005 (Top)
DataType: 0x00000008 (Body)
AgeGender: 0x00012030 (YoungAdult, Adult, Female, Human)
ClothingCategory: 0x0020002A (Everyday, Sleepwear, Athletic, ValidForRandom)

If you also do not think the item you are looking at should be in the everyday category or any other weird category you can change that.

10- Now look toward the bottom of S3PE and you will find: Hex, Value, Grid. Click on grid.

11- A dialogue will open up. Click on the + for ClothingCategory. It will expand your options. You will see everyday, formal, sleepwear, etc. Now you can go down to where it says Valid for Random and make that false. Once you made all the changes you want, click commit at the bottom.

12- Do this for all your CASP and then save you new package.

13- Put the file in your overrides.

All done. The reason you should make a file separate from your dcdb0, dcdb1, etc. files is that you don't have to worry about what happens to your game files if anything does happen with regards to patching and such. You have your file no matter what.

And EA should make all that into a simple check box on each item in CAS to toggle on or off.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Theorist
#29 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ViolettaVie
You're welcome.

I wish we didn't have to do this but EA has a problem with categorizing things properly. The least they could do is give us options in CAS to decide what is for random and for what category.

Awesome!! Thank you so much! I copied your instructions for the next time I end up reinstalling my Store content, which I was thinking of doing soon anyway. But over the weekend I found instructions for how to put in each dccache file, one at a time, rename it to 0, and then open the launcher. I was able to find the stuff I wanted to get rid of and uninstall it. Also got rid of those silly pilgrim clothes that were enabled for everything and that hair with braids and feather - which was also showing up all around my town. There was only one circus top that gave me the dependants message and wouldn't uninstall, so there's some sim kid saved to my sim bin who is wearing it.

I know some people find it funny when they see these ridiculous clothes show up on random sims, but not me - too much of a control freak, I guess! It just irritates me instead.

Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
It is a lot of work but it's so worthy! I got so fed up of spending my time restyling the townies - my game at that time crashing after 3 styling and the townies apparently all spawning with fins, pirate boots, jester hats or hospital gowns! I was checking the townies while waiting for my sim to finish her work when I saw yet another elder with a Santa hat I exploded. Searched for tutorials and started my big cleaning. Took me 2 months to clean up the huge mess! But when you get used to do it you do it very fast, the Katy Perry one barely took me like 10 minutes to set up, a store set takes 5 to 10 minutes. I'm also so happy I banned several base game stuff I deeply loathed, like the toddler bald hair or the female mohawk, set those to not random and not appearing in CAS as to not clutter my CAS!

You mean like this? Looking at it might be funny to me now, but that's only because I changed his clothes and hair right after this shot was taken. I let him keep the pink hair, though.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
One Minute Ninja'd
#30 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906

You mean like this? Looking at it might be funny to me now, but that's only because I changed his clothes and hair right after this shot was taken. I let him keep the pink hair, though.

What's the problem with the way he's dressed? He obviously just left the hospital after his exam and forgot to put his clothes back on. Although thanks for at least posting the photo of him from the front. The appearance from the rear with those exam gowns is almost always unpleasant.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 11:03 AM
Another sneak peek:

Looks pretty awesome. I'm a sucker for historical sets.
One Minute Ninja'd
#32 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 2:25 PM
This must mean that the premium content for some world or set will be a guillotine.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 11:53 PM
Exactly that, Tangie! Aaah I had so many elders running around in hospital gowns... So many cute views on their wiggling jelly bottom cheeks ROFL.

I have a crazy hope for the premium - if any - TEA SET!! (The Sims 2 BV version with sims gathering around the coffee table etc) Gosh I hope it's that!
*crosses fingers, chants voodoo incantations, rubs Buddha's tummy, sings Kumbaya*
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I have a crazy hope for the premium - if any - TEA SET!! (The Sims 2 BV version with sims gathering around the coffee table etc) Gosh I hope it's that!

Well, somebody did find a reference to an unreleased tea set in the game's code before. Hell, I've found something along those lines myself while playing around with Retuner settings. It may well be that.

(However, I can't remember off the top of my head what the TS2 version looked like. Given that we're getting an eighteenth-century set, I'd expect a tea set included with it to perhaps look more historical and antique-y than the original one. Not that that's much of an issue, plenty of people like fancy teapots)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 12:07 AM
Did you see the preview pics? Doing this on my tablet:

http://simsvip.com/2013/02/05/sims-...th-century-set/

I can't seem to get to the other picture, but it's on SimsVIP home page.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I can't seem to get to the other picture, but it's on SimsVIP home page.

http://simsvip.com/2013/02/05/sims-...r-sneak-peek-2/

Wow. The womens' clothing is a near-total fail. I realize there would be clipping if paniers and side hoops were as big as they ought to be for the period, but they didn't even try to do anything even approximating the silhouette of the time...

Yes, I am a fashion history geek.

Maybe All-About-Style will release a proper set of Rococo female clothing...
Field Researcher
#37 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 1:10 AM
It's what EA does best... Take a great concept and water it down. But oh well, I think the petitioner should be happy they at least acknowledged his thread at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 1:18 AM Last edited by MiniMimi : 6th Feb 2013 at 1:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
(However, I can't remember off the top of my head what the TS2 version looked like. Given that we're getting an eighteenth-century set, I'd expect a tea set included with it to perhaps look more historical and antique-y than the original one. Not that that's much of an issue, plenty of people like fancy teapots)
IIRC The Sims 2 one was an asian tea set, it was a low small 1x1 table with 4 cushions around it, the sims would kneel around, one would pour the tea etc.
Of course this one won't be asian style if it comes with this rococo set, I imagine it as an old fashion silverware teapot on a silver plate, you put in on a coffee table and you would have the option to 'call for tea' like the Sims 2 one. Chit chat, take a sip of tea, gossip

BTW that dress is lovely, we barely see it and I already love it. And the couch and the stool are to die for! Imagine the couch with a deep red velvet texture with gold cushions, want! Or Black velvet with violet/mauve cushions for vamp sims. Or white color with pale pink cushions for romantic sims. :lovestruc

Edit: just saw the women's pic. Okay there's no huge gown, but whatever, I totally don't care for historical accuracy. And it will be perfect for vampire sims and witches.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 3:00 AM
I am not feeling the rococo set and may pass on it, but I will be getting the free Mardi Gras set.

I hardly ever play period pieces or try to have a town set in a certain century or time period. I do love Victorian period pieces and have plenty to play around with it, so meh on the rococo set.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#40 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 4:14 AM
Both of these sets will be great costumes for Spooky Day. :D

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Forum Resident
#41 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
Both of these sets will be great costumes for Spooky Day. :D

Too bad you can't seem to select your own costumes...
Mad Poster
#42 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 5:05 AM
I'm happy yo have the Rococo set, so that user on the main site can stop begging for it. Like, really, it's good for him, but the Sims 3 in a contemporary game. Some of the items will look good in a few older homes, but as a whole, it will be out place outside of costume parties. And we all know EA aren't friends with the "invalid random" function of the items, so it will be a 95 degree day in Lucky Palms, and a sims will be dressed in a full gown, 80's make up, wig and swim flippers. At least if the majority of the items we got looked normal, the complaints wont be so plentiful.

Like... a Contemporary Comfort Kitchen and Bath. Something we can use? Please?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Like... a Contemporary Comfort Kitchen and Bath. Something we can use? Please?

I 2nd that motion and will raise up the need for a new kitchen set too. I am tired of the cabinets in the game, at least for the cheap ones. Gosh, I really miss the cheap ones from Sims 2. Yep they are in Sims 3 and quite expensive too.

Mad Poster
#44 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 7:54 AM
Which is stupid, because they're marked as :value". 800 is not value. I know it's a very versatile piece, but it's still very expensive. EA puts a modern town in every world - for whatever reasons. You'd think they'd focus more on that than they do homes from centuries ago or centuries later, or alternate universes altogether

I don't mind the experimentation and wacky, but providing useful content works wonders. And why don't we have a nightclub set yet? The Late Night sets are getting old. Fast.

I could complain for days.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#45 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
http://simsvip.com/2013/02/05/sims-...r-sneak-peek-2/

Wow. The womens' clothing is a near-total fail. (...)
I don't think that this dress is really such a big failure. Especially in the late 18th century dresses did not alway look like those of the French court. Just take a look at this Gainsborough painting from 1778:
The furniture also suggests that they are more veering towards Age of Sentiment/Early Classicism than full-on mid-century continental rococo.
But in any case this set still looks very haphazard, nothing really fits together, it's a whole century jumbled together. Some pieces are late Baroque/early 18th C., some are Empire, the painting in the background of the pic lewisb40 posted shows a 19th century lady. Actually, the more I look at the pictures, none of the furniture pieces show the delicacy of rococo furniture, except for the wallpaper. And that came with World Adventures.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 5:35 PM
The Sims 3 doesn't do delicate. Everything must be "extra" looking.

Field Researcher
#47 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 6:42 PM
cant wait to finally be able to dress like myself.
Scholar
#48 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 8:04 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 12:01 AM
I am definitely getting the Mardi Gras set. I love it! It's free!!

Scholar
#50 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 12:13 AM
that female set is awesome!
Page 2 of 124