Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 3:57 AM
Default Sixteen
I've had this idea for a story for awhile now, and thought it'd be nice to finally write it out. Of course, it's still a work in progress. I'll be updating as often as possible. As always, feedback/constructive criticism is welcomed. Enjoy.

Life up to now had been rather typical. The occasional bruise, even a couple of broken bones. The year I turned sixteen, however, quickly changed all of that.

I’m absolutely infatuated with him. His dark hair, green eyes, impossibly strong shoulders. So…hopelessly…infatuated. Leaning against my locker, books to my chest, I watch him, biting my lower lip, trying to find courage that I know isn’t there. Finally, after receiving many nudges from my friends, I sigh. Putting away my books, I walk to where he’s standing.
“Hey, Neil” I smiling at him, all the while wondering what in the world I was thinking.
“Hi, Ryann.” He turns towards me.
“Hi. Can…can I ask you something? Maybe?” I cringe, realizing how stupid I sound. How can I be expected to get out a full conversation when my heart’s in my throat?
“Sure.” Still smiling, he follows me away from his group of friends.
I remember how easy it was to talk to him before. Granted, we were eight, and the most pressing conversation we had was which cartoon was better.
“So,” I begin, nervously playing with my bracelet, “I’m having a birthday party…well, a party for my sixteenth birthday, and I was wondering if you’d like to come?” Seeing him squint, I hurriedly continue, “It’s just a movie downtown, then back to my place for cake.”
Pause. Silence.
Great.
“Sure. I’ll come. Sounds good.” I let out the breath that I had unknowingly been holding. “What time?”
“I was thinking that everyone could meet at my place at six, and then take the bus down together.”
“Okay.”
“Okay,” I look around, “So, I’ll see you then.” As I turn to walk away, I feel his hand on my shoulder. Once again, my heart leaps from its resting place.
“Ryann,” I turn to face him, realizing just how close he is. “Can I maybe get your number? Just in case I need to get a hold of you?”
Is it just my imagination? Or does he sound nervous? “Sure.” Handing me a pen, he stares at my expectantly. Giggling, I ask for a piece of paper.
“Oh, yeah, paper….I have none on me.” Extending his hand, “You can write in on my palm.”
“Uh, yeah…Of course.” Taking his hand in mine, pen shaking, I print it out. “There.”
“Thanks.” He looks down at his hand. “One more thing I want to ask.”
“Yes?” I begin chewing on my lip.
“Do you mind if I bring my girlfriend?”
Girlfriend? No, you can’t bring your girlfriend…Can't you see what I'm trying to accomplish?!. “Of course.” I smile widely. Perhaps too widely, judging by the look on his face. “What’s her name? Just so I know, of course.”
“Tiffany.”
“Very nice. Well I’ll see you then. Have to get ready for biology. ‘Bye” Waving, I turn and glare at my friends who had been watching the entire, humiliating exchange. Shoulders dropping, I look up at the ceiling and shake my head.
Advertisement
#2 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 10:32 PM
wow. I really like it so far! I cant wait to read more of this! It sounds really interesting.
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 12:11 AM
This is fantastic! I really can't wait for more.