Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:23 AM
Default Debug - Super Duper Hug ?
Quick question -- Recently downloaded a residential lot with an interesting pool ; it's called "Paradise Cottage". I put it into a Pleasantview test hood.
Went to move in the Burb family, and when they welcomed a passerby, the interaction called "Debug- super duper hug" was on the pie list menu.
This ok......or not ? Curious as I've heard of the 'D:SDH' option, but this is the first time I've ever seen it in-game.

Typed the "Debug-Super Duper Hug" into the search engine on this site (MTS), but couldn't find an answer.

BTW I cannot figure out the way the search engine here works at all. Sometimes I just type my sims 2 question into the Google search or somewhere else. No offense to this site.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:30 AM
You may be able to save your game by getting BO's mods "BO - No Sim Loaded" In background mode, this version also kills the dreaded "*DEBUG* - Super Duper Hug". http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#3 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:42 AM
The Super-Duper Hug is a thing you get when you remove a poorly-made hack/mod, or when someone who has such a hack/mod uploads a lot and does not include the mod with the lot. (The second option has the same effect on your game as removing it would.) It's a bit of code the programmers put in for some reason that seemed good to them at the time, and left unchecked, it will cause all your sims to hug each other. All the time. No matter what. Even if they are complete strangers. Seriously, like all the time. It's super annoying. It's not OK, but it's not going to completely blow up your computer. Think of it as a mild STD, or a case of mono or something.

There is a preventive measure, if you haven't already contracted the Hug. It's called No Sim Loaded, and it's by BO over at Leefish: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1665 However, once you've got the Hug, you've got it for keeps. If you have already contracted the Hug, No Sim Loaded will suppress it's showing up in your game, but will not necessarily prevent it from spreading to someone else's game from yours. I am not aware of any mod that will nuke the Hug completely, although there are also two other mods that will suppress ii: Control This Sim by... Dolphin, maybe? And another one that comes packaged with a vampire hack, but I don't remember what that's called. (Maybe someone else could help me out with names/links?) So in the STD parallel, those three mods all work like, um, male prophylactics.

If you have a backup, I would revert to backup. Then I would install No Sim Loaded, and then I would install the lot. That will keep you safe from infection, and safe from passing it along to others. If you don't have a backup, then install No Sim Loaded (and/or other prophylactic(s) of your choice) to keep your game in good shape, and set up a new Sims 2 folder/AGS slot (with No Sim Loaded installed from Day 1) for purposes of building lots to share.

I can't figure out the search feature here either. I think it returns fun, random results to brighten your day and introduce a little surrealism into your life.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:43 AM
The short version is yes the lot gave you the Super Duper Hug which is maxis code which should not show in your game but remain hidden in the installation files. It is code only used by modders. The lot you downloaded would have come from a game where the SDH was active. You should let the creator know as they should not be uploading lots. There is a very long thread that Mootilda, myself, Boiling Oil and others were a aprt of and how we found out the only way to have a clean game is to reinstall or if you upload lots is to use AGS.

BO's No Sim Loaded will prevent the SDH if it is put on BEFORE the SDH shows up. Because you already have the hug you will now always have it. Putting on No Sim Loaded will hide the SDH from your view, so your sims will stop being annoying but it is still there so do not upload lots from your game as the SDH will go with any lot you upload to someone else's game, which is how you got it. Another way of getting the SDH is by installing a badly made social hack which you later pull out. This is why I would like No Sim Loaded to be added to the list of essential mods.

I hope that made sense. If you like I can dig up the long thread where we discussed this at length but you might find that overkill.

Ninj'd by esme. Who did lots of testing for me on that long thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 3:14 AM
Thanks everyone. Yikes.
I will go back into the test hood, delete the lot, and exit the game.
Then I'll delete the Pleasantview 'test' hood , and put back the other main hood I was building. Should be ok, then right ? ( Playing a different hood after buggy lot is deleted ? )

" Inama Nushif "
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 3:27 AM
Is the lot still in your Lots & Houses bin available to all neighborhoods? Did you ever open the hood you want to play while the buggy lot was installed, even for one second? If yes to either question, it's likely not safe. If not, install No Sim Loaded and you might be OK, but I'd sure like a second opinion on that.

Actually, install No Sim Loaded anyway. It's valuable protection, and you shouldn't leave home without it.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 3:44 AM
It's only really an issue if you want to upload lots. In your own game No Sim Loaded will hide the problem.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 4:02 AM
The lot (medieval) I am building is on my desktop, while the buggy lot is in the lot bin. But the present hood is the test hood only. I'm planning to delete the test hood after I delete the buggy lot. It's no use to contact the builder as she/he has not logged in for a long time.
The buggy lot is called "Paradise Cottage" and has a pool that is set high on a hill and goes down to the ground via the "Boolprop constrainfloorelevation_false" cheat . No CC as far as I know. Got it from this site in the downloads. Should have read the comments as one person addressed this issue --- will be wiser in the future.
And I will go grab the "No Sim Loaded" ; sounds as important as "No UnLink on Delete" and other essential hacks !
Thanks again , everybody.

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 5:06 AM
Are you positive it was that lot? You didn't pull any social mods? If so you should go over and post in site issues and let them know as the download should be taken down or at least a large warning put in the description that the lot contains the SDH. It's fine for people to install if they have No Sim Loaded already in place.

The Hug is Maxis code so it does not show up in Clean Installer and has nothing to do with CFE. The creator either pulled a badly made social mod (one way of getting the hug) or they themselves downloaded a lot with the hug which then infected their game.

Edit: This lot? https://www.modthesims.info/d/462491 Seeing they are not active telling a mod would be best. Quite often a person doesn't even know they have the hug as No Sim Loaded and a couple of other mods will hide it and if they do know, they don't realize it goes as an invisible hitch hiker with their lot.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 7:18 AM
Does reinstalling and placing in old saved games from the previous install remove The Super Duper Hug? I have Boiling Oil's No Sim Loaded and know it was caused previously by the removal of social mods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 7:28 AM
Reinstalling puts the code back where it belongs- in the installation files. Reinstall, place in No Sim Loaded and you will be good to go.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you positive it was that lot? You didn't pull any social mods? If so you should go over and post in site issues and let them know as the download should be taken down or at least a large warning put in the description that the lot contains the SDH. It's fine for people to install if they have No Sim Loaded already in place.

The Hug is Maxis code so it does not show up in Clean Installer and has nothing to do with CFE. The creator either pulled a badly made social mod (one way of getting the hug) or they themselves downloaded a lot with the hug which then infected their game.

Edit: This lot? http://www.modthesims.info/d/462491 Seeing they are not active telling a mod would be best. Quite often a person doesn't even know they have the hug as No Sim Loaded and a couple of other mods will hide it and if they do know, they don't realize it goes as an invisible hitch hiker with their lot.

Bolded by me.

Yes, this lot. I alerted a mod. Since I have removed the lot from the bin and deleted the test hood, and went to get BO's hack ; everything should be o.k. now. *fingers crossed*

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 5:24 AM
Great thanks Jo
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 6:58 AM
This just happened to me yesterday! I was also like ''wth.... what is it?''

I think it was because I downloaded a lot, and the creator had used those same EPs as I have, but the person also used some SPs, and I don't have any of those. I thought well... it doesn't matter, those SPs I mean. The lot worked out fine, I decorated it and made it look more like me. Then I moved one of my sims there, just to check out how does the lot work during the game. The first neighbor came and I went to greet him. And guess what? there was our superduper hug!

I instantly exit the game and moved the sim back to the sim bin and demolished the house. Problem solved.

Debug superduper hug was only available on that specific lot, nowhere elsewhere, so I figured it must be because of it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 7:43 AM
This is why we have been saying everyone should put on No Sim Loaded before the Super can ever show up. If you have it you now have it for good unless you reinstall. Once you have it No Sim Loaded only hides it. It may stay with the sim or it may not. Even Mootilda didn't understand all the ways the SDH worked. She was working on it but of course never got to finish it. We do know it can seem to be contained but may not be. It was nick named sim mono for a reason.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 9:33 AM
I just wonder - UC - repairing the game in Origin should probably do the trick for UC users who find themselves with the bug? (My game is still bug free but one never knows what could happen).
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 12:19 PM
Oh, that is a beautiful lot!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...