Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:44 PM
My opinion is that instead of creating a whole new age just fix the teens we have now.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Absence of shorter teens is probably why the desire of preteens originated I would guess.
Nope. People have wanted preteens at least as far back as the late TS2 days. I recall people hoping for it when speculating on TS3.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Nope. People have wanted preteens at least as far back as the late TS2 days. I recall people hoping for it when speculating on TS3.

Huh. Than that's make the demand even more odd. I don't really understand. It's a short age and barely has unique features, which all of them just suit to be apart of in either child or teen lifestage anyway.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Ts4 is winding down now, maybe one more pack and EA will move onto something else.

Apparently, TS4 still has 3 more years to go. I hope it's not just Stuff packs lol

I don't know about farming. One of the gurus on twitter I think said that farming would never win a poll against university or an island paradise-style ep. I'd personally like University, farming, the rumored witches pack, and a more "relax" tropical vacation ep/gp/whatever. I'm not very keen on those survey that they put out with those Expansion pack ideas about survival in apocalyptic worlds and other RPG-type style of gameplay.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:17 PM
I only want preteens because I'm unhappy with how the teens look in Sims 4. I want a true teen stage that really looks like half way between child and young adult. But teens look like 17/18 maybe, and I wanted more a 14/15 years old stage. We all can assume that the only reason why the teens look like that is because that way they didn't have to model unique teen clothing. They were pressed for time and unfortunately we are now stuck with this version of teens.
I'm doubtful preteens will happen.

Anyway, about future packs, I believe, a farming GP could be possible. I think, farming is very popular. They could go multiple ways with this, like a vinery, or horses, or lifestock etc. A world like Monte Vista or Appaloosa Plains would be suitable for that. But I doubt this will be the next GP, because Grant is only now making polls about this.
Since we are still in summer, I could imagine another vacation GP like the Sunlit Tides world from Sims 3, concentrating on beaches and maybe running a hotel/resort. Would fit the summer timeframe we are in right now.

I still really hope that they will move away from the always cool/hip/bright themes and make room for some more challenging content. I would welcome some Crime pack with the return of the burglar, or some Off the Grid stuff.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:00 AM
The expansion I was the most excited for during Sims 3 (other than pets and seasons) was Island Paradise. Turned out to be the biggest disappointment.
The expansion I was least excited for during Sims 3 was Into the Future. Turned out to be my favorite EP of Sims 3, lmao.

With that said, I would like something unexpected that I will seem to hate at first and end up falling in love with. Cuz I'd rather not be disappointed, again.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:30 AM
Personally, I am really hoping for supernaturals.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
My opinion is that instead of creating a whole new age just fix the teens we have now.

I cringe when I see people asking for pre-teens, another freaking life stage. I don't mind the life stages at all, but it takes me hours in CAS as it is to make a new family with all the freaking outfit categories. I really love that they made teens like the adults in the sense that I don't have to change their outfits as much, for each category.. ugh it gets exhausting!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Mad Poster
#35 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
I cringe when I see people asking for pre-teens, another freaking life stage. I don't mind the life stages at all, but it takes me hours in CAS as it is to make a new family with all the freaking outfit categories. I really love that they made teens like the adults in the sense that I don't have to change their outfits as much, for each category.. ugh it gets exhausting!

It's convenient, but it's not a convenience I'd sacrifice the teen stage's individuality for. Though if too many life stages is the problem, they could always take the adult stages, that were pointlessly split in two, and bring them back together.

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:16 AM Last edited by katxattack : 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:34 AM.
I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, sorry if someone else has said it as well. But just think, if they really did make a proper farming expansion pack - and it was for The Sims 4. I mean, I would be very sad. I play TS4, I even enjoy it a lot, going through a new computer change atm so I haven't played in a while but, farming is something I have always wanted.
Sigh, I don't know.
University, farming, magic, fame, that's about all they've got left that we've had before and always want back. I just don't trust them at all to do it well.
I'm waiting for LGR but Seasons is probably their best expansion pack because it's a very simple to the point concept: Holidays & Weather = Seasons. They already have gardening, fishing, some holiday stuff, etc so they really didn't have to worry about what they had to cut/add as much as they did versus TS2/TS3. Expansion packs suck for TS4 which really should say everything. Can you imagine a stuff pack in TS2 or a store item in TS3 being better than an actual expansion pack? No, I certainly cannot.

edit:

Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Okay, not completely the point of the thread here, but I'll use the opportunity to finally ask - What is the deal with preteens? I just don't get it
-snip-.

Can't disagree with you on this. Teenagers (God forbid even babies) need such an incredible overhaul before they even have the thought of adding another life stage.
But I won't lie, I would literally kill for preschoolers haha, I don't know what's wrong with me.

Absence of shorter teens is probably why the desire of preteens originated I would guess.

Very clever thought.

Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Sims 4: Believable Individuality
Is the only Sims 4 expansion I care about.

The only reason I don't think this is going to happen, even though Graham did say that emotions didn't turn out quite how they wanted, is because then they would have to admit that they fucked up and didn't do it right. Which is what they have avoiding doing since TS4 came out.
I mean TS4 is basically confirmed to have been an online only game - why not just admit that and say "Hey this is the best we can do, this is why our engine is limited, this is why TS4 took 5 years to develop and it's this mess, this is why we can't give everyone what they want - but look how far we have come." I mean, would it really kill moral that much? Would it really hinder sales that much? I really doubt it. I for one would actually gain quite a bit of respect back for EA if they did this.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:28 PM
My guess is Late Night or Superstar.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Field Researcher
#38 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katxattack
The only reason I don't think this is going to happen, even though Graham did say that emotions didn't turn out quite how they wanted, is because then they would have to admit that they fucked up and didn't do it right. Which is what they have avoiding doing since TS4 came out.
I mean TS4 is basically confirmed to have been an online only game - why not just admit that and say "Hey this is the best we can do, this is why our engine is limited, this is why TS4 took 5 years to develop and it's this mess, this is why we can't give everyone what they want - but look how far we have come." I mean, would it really kill moral that much? Would it really hinder sales that much? I really doubt it. I for one would actually gain quite a bit of respect back for EA if they did this.

I would have been more accepting and patient with EA if they had just come clean about it and admitted they fucked it up. Communication with the people who buy the product would have been the best thing they could have done. But the way they decided to alienate the sims community and create this "ultra sensitive" atmostphere around the game, the forum, and the way Yibs review and play the game, has completly destroyed my faith in them as game developers. The greed and disloyalty to the sims community has really ruined the entire experience. And the Sims is not the only franchise EA did that with....It was accross the board with all their titles.

I still can't get over the fact that Seasons just launched, and people are already wanting something more. The appetite for what is missing in this game is so big, that people can't enjoy the game as it currently is...even with one of the most requested Expansion packs added to it. It's ridiculous. all the developers at EA must be running around with blinders and earplugs...because the roar from all these forums is loud!!! And EA wants to extend it for another 3 years because the mobile thing bombed.... are you kidding me?!!!! The worst version of this series and they want to make more for it. What a mess.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:42 PM
While I do agree to this, but not to "won't work". Sure it will sure from the lack of animation, the implementation (since the engine is set in stone) can be just plain car teleporting in and out (at the very least, I wished for door animation to exist) and a new object that allows cars of npc and played to be parked on community lots.

cars won't happen. They're useless since sims can go anywhere basically instantly. Plus it would look dumb since roads in the game are functionally the same as any floor/ just setdressing, and aren't tied to lots. Animtionless cars that teleport your sim already exist through mods.
Instructor
#40 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:22 AM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 25th Jun 2018 at 8:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JMarcos123
cars won't happen. They're useless since sims can go anywhere basically instantly. Plus it would look dumb since roads in the game are functionally the same as any floor/ just setdressing, and aren't tied to lots. Animtionless cars that teleport your sim already exist through mods.

You do realize Cars were a thing in Sims 2 right? As in the game Sims 4 claims to be emulating when it comes to gameplay? In fact if I recall they were more detailed that Sims 3 cars even (In terms of animations like the opening of the car door and such I mean obviously you got to see more of your Sims 3 car since it drove you directly to your locations rather than teleporting via loading screen). Adding cars would also probably stop sims from walking all the way across a map before teleporting home. Redo the animation so they take a taxi like they did in Sims 2 and suddenly less death by aimless roaming towards what is going to be a loading screen anyway.
Instructor
#41 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:29 AM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 25th Jun 2018 at 8:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
I would have been more accepting and patient with EA if they had just come clean about it and admitted they fucked it up. Communication with the people who buy the product would have been the best thing they could have done. But the way they decided to alienate the sims community and create this "ultra sensitive" atmostphere around the game, the forum, and the way Yibs review and play the game, has completly destroyed my faith in them as game developers. The greed and disloyalty to the sims community has really ruined the entire experience. And the Sims is not the only franchise EA did that with....It was accross the board with all their titles.

I still can't get over the fact that Seasons just launched, and people are already wanting something more. The appetite for what is missing in this game is so big, that people can't enjoy the game as it currently is...even with one of the most requested Expansion packs added to it. It's ridiculous. all the developers at EA must be running around with blinders and earplugs...because the roar from all these forums is loud!!! And EA wants to extend it for another 3 years because the mobile thing bombed.... are you kidding me?!!!! The worst version of this series and they want to make more for it. What a mess.

Sadly I think that whole people can't enjoy the game currently thing is more an intentional feature than a bug. EA IS a microtransaction company after all. They'd make us pay to move a sim from the bedroom to the bathroom if they could. In fact I probably just gave them ideas.

This game is designed to be both superficially intriguing and actually empty. Like a food company injecting a product with lots of addictive sugars that don't satisfy your hunger but do get you addicted. Frankly this game would need a lot more than three years to be finished if we're looking at EAs Sims 4 release schedule + the amount of content people want from previous games to return + the gameplay in this game they want to be overhauled or polished. Which means perhaps unsurprisingly that they probably don't plan to leave Sims 4 in any state of completion. They just want to drag the farce out alittle longer.
Scholar
#42 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:38 AM
For everyone who's eager for supernaturals..
I just stumbled across this thing here. thought it might interest you in the meantime:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=613985
Mad Poster
#43 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
For everyone who's eager for supernaturals..
I just stumbled across this thing here. thought it might interest you in the meantime:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=613985

I was just about to share this, myself. I knew a modder would fix the whole "Lightning powers don't actually do anything" problem. I just didnt think it'd happen so fast lol

Then again, the Pet Control mod came out like a day after the pack was released. So nothing surprises me anymore XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JMarcos123

The Cars can honestly have more uses than delivering the use of transporting sims, but maybe not unique objects (all they would offer a new woohoo location spot and improving handiness skill).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#45 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 12:41 PM
The Cars can honestly have more uses than delivering the use of transporting sims, but maybe not unique objects (all they would offer a new woohoo location spot and improving handiness skill).

Exactly! you can roleplay being a mechanic. Or imagine that your sim likes to drag race in between loading screens. Also I am getting really tired of the whole "It's not open world so x is useless" argument ESPEACIALLY when it's used for features that existed BEFORE open world.

I declare that anyone that doesn't know for certain that a feature wasn't in Sims 2 should shut their damn traps from now on. Because Sims 2 had ALOT of features and odds are the feature you think wasn't there actually was.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Sadly I think that whole people can't enjoy the game currently thing is more an intentional feature than a bug. EA IS a microtransaction company after all. They'd make us pay to move a sim from the bedroom to the bathroom if they could. In fact I probably just gave them ideas.

This game is designed to be both superficially intriguing and actually empty. Like a food company injecting a product with lots of addictive sugars that don't satisfy your hunger but do get you addicted. Frankly this game would need a lot more than three years to be finished if we're looking at EAs Sims 4 release schedule + the amount of content people want from previous games to return + the gameplay in this game they want to be overhauled or polished. Which means perhaps unsurprisingly that they probably don't plan to leave Sims 4 in any state of completion. They just want to drag the farce out alittle longer.

I've never thought about it that way.....that actually makes sense to me. And is probably the reason why of all the versions of this game I just cannot get into it. Even though TS1, 2, & 3 had Content and gameplay elements added..they didn't feel empty when playing. So Yeah... TS4 is nothing more than a ... Microwavable Hot Pocket. Never quite enough to really fill you up, but it looks tasty... LOL :D
Field Researcher
#47 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:36 AM
I don't have any unique insight but I was reading about possible future expansions and speculation earlier, and boy do I hope EA isn't primarily going to go off of the whim of simmers for ideas. One of the polls I believed had the highest vote for 'back in time' which is such an incredibly vague and empty idea for an EP to me! Like, the future is expansive but basically there's a 'futuristic future' or a 'dystopian future'. For the past there's...everything? Like...if I were confident in EA's ability to put something comprehensive and fleshed out, I would be really into that idea, but based on THEIR limitations and then just, like, limitations in general, I hope they don't waste their time on that. I would love to see a kind of post-apocalyptic inspired world, or at least something on the other end of the spectrum from high end luxury. I don't necessarily play that style, but I do think it's something a lot of people really want and I think it would be really cool and yet pretty attainable for EA to do - maybe create a new world where cars aren't visible, etc.
Realistically though I think some kind of supernatural pack is in the near future. I am excited about that possibility but also a little tired of them just dragging the dead corpses of TS3 through the mud for a subpar reiteration...
Mad Poster
#48 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:01 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Jul 2018 at 1:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Okay, not completely the point of the thread here, but I'll use the opportunity to finally ask - What is the deal with preteens? I just don't get it
In my head toddlers are like 2 to 4 years old, children are like 7 to 10 and teenagers are 15 to 18. So preteens would be something between 10 and 15? Why do people want that? The current life states are not even fleshed out, so why even add another one? I guess I understand the reason to give us a more gradual change, but the gap between adults and elders is probably just as big.

The deal is that there's a huge difference in bodyshape and pretty much everything else between toddlers and children, and between children and teens. It's particularly annoying for those who do storytelling where they want the sims to gradually age.

There's a huge difference between a 1-3 year old toddler and a 7-10 year old kid, and between a 11 year old and a 14-18 year old teen. It's always bugged me because I do a lot of storytelling. Maybe you can get passable results with height sliders and whatnots in TS3/4 (TS2 has a somewhat faulty "strechskeleton" cheat and no sliders to compensate), but the animations usually end up awful and too stretched.

I'm not even a bit bothered by the supposed age gap between adults and elders. Get some gradual wrinkle makeup and some salt'n'pepper hair and you can make those as gradual as you want. There is no real age gap between them that you can't fix with some simple CC. Or just pretend they stopped coloring their hair and stopped using makeup to hide their wrinkles. After YA was added in (basically nothing but a glorified early adult stage with college privilegies in all 3 games), the adult age is already more than long enough compared to the rest of the ages.

Knowing the current Sims 4 team right, new life states would probably be a recycled age with a slight difference in what they can do with their time. They didn't manage to make proper teens, babies are basically TS1 babies in 3D, and toddlers weren't even available in the basegame. True, they did manage toddlers fairly well (they were probably already in the process of making toddlers when they released the game), but other than that I don't really trust the team to give us anything of much use. TS4 is one small expansion after another, and quite frankly I've more or less given it up by now (I haven't played it in a year or something, and still only have one expansion). Up until now they've recycled most of what TS2 and TS3 offered (but still lacking some of the basic items and functionality), and not added all that much new stuff.
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 6:07 PM
I was thinking this a few days ago and I do believe so. But it might be some supernatural-bounded like Magic Schools (?) No? Too much Potterhead's dream? The thing is I remember when something or someone EA related released out a poll about futures EPs and the witches section mentioned a kind of Magic School. Besides the Season's EP left an University smell, there are many recently clues along the game about magic or witches at least.
Dreaming costs nothing, so...
Field Researcher
#50 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:15 PM
University, Celebrity EP imo...

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Page 2 of 4