Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 11:36 PM
Default Help with creating CC
Hey guys! I have played The Sims since it came out and now I really want to learn how to make CC.
There is a lot of great links on this site but still, I have no idea where to start. I tried to make TS3 CC but I didn't have the patience at all, but now it's here.

Are there any stuff that is easy to begin with and what articles/videos should I look at first?
And if you have some newbietips for me it would also be great.

All kinds of advice is extremely appreciated
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 12:24 AM
Since you're posting in CAS Parts I take it that's what you're interested in, yes? In general I'd recommend to start with recolouring before moving on to making new meshes, or perhaps try editing an existing mesh if recolours aren't your thing. That way you'll see how all the different bits and pieces work together, even when you're not changing very much.

For lists of tools/tutorials, see the stickies in the Tools/tutorials forums. Here is a general tutorial on CAS recolours, for example (this does not go into detail on the actual texturing part though -- what tutorial you need for that depends on which editor you use for that).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 10:41 PM
Yes, I guess it's mostly CAS parts as this is what I also prefer to download
Thank you so much for this answer. I will check out the link you gave me and search around on recoloring meshes first and see if I can be any useful at that. Hopefully I will be able to make my own stuff after a while
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 11:28 PM
Have fun!

Regarding textures -- how to paint seams, highlights and shadows and so on -- you can also look at tutorials for TS2 btw. How to get content in and out of the game is technically different between different games of course, but how to make textures that look nice is basically the same in TS2 and 4. Here's a link to the overview page of the wiki for TS2: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...uring_Tutorials .. if you look at those tutorials, just ignore the parts that talk about TS2 Bodyshop and look at the parts about Photoshop/Gimp/whatever.

TS3 is different though in the way it works with textures, so TS3 tutorials won't help you much.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 10:06 PM
Thanks again! This is so helpful