Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 10:03 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 18th Apr 2015 at 7:54 AM.
Game crashes with any and all cc files
Running OS X Yosemite.
2.5GHz Intel i5 Processor
4GB RAM
Intel HD 4000 1024mb Graphics Card

Problem:
My game crashes without loading when I have any .package files in my Mods folder. No error message, I just get a pop-up that says 'The Sims 4 quit unexpectedly', It then offers me the options to 'Ignore' 'Send Report' or 'Reopen'. This happens when opening through Origin and direct from the applications folder. It will load with zipped mods but the mods don't work and sometimes the sound doesn't work. Game runs smoothly without any mods. Although I am having issues with windows being opaque and not being able to open the game when the settings are increased from low, which I can fix with refreshing options.ini. I believe that is a known issue with Intel 4000 graphics cards, maybe the cc issue could be related to that but I haven't read of anyone else having cc problems as well.
I am up to date with the most recent patch and have also tried cc individually that was produced after the patch.
I have tried refreshing the whole Mods folder and repairing the game via origin.
I haven't been able to load the game with cc before, only brought the game last week. I have also never had the pop-up that simswiki says happens after you install mods, even when I get the game to load by running just the script mods.

Does anyone out there have experience with this problem or any idea about what I might be doing wrong/how to fix it?
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Superpandarama
Running OS X Yosemite.
2.5GHz Intel i5 Processor
4GB RAM
Intel HD 4000 1024mb Graphics Card

Problem:
My game crashes without loading when I have any .package files in my Mods folder. No error message, I just get a pop-up that says 'The Sims 4 quit unexpectedly', It then offers me the options to 'Ignore' 'Send Report' or 'Reopen'. This happens when opening through Origin and direct from the applications folder. It will load with zipped mods but the mods don't work and sometimes the sound doesn't work. Game runs smoothly without any mods. Although I am having issues with windows being opaque and not being able to open the game when the settings are increased from low, which I can fix with refreshing options.ini. I believe that is a known issue with Intel 4000 graphics cards, maybe the cc issue could be related to that but I haven't read of anyone else having cc problems as well.
I am up to date with the most recent patch and have also tried cc individually that was produced after the patch.
I have tried refreshing the whole Mods folder and repairing the game via origin.
I haven't been able to load the game with cc before, only brought the game last week. I have also never had the pop-up that simswiki says happens after you install mods, even when I get the game to load by running just the script mods.

Does anyone out there have experience with this problem or any idea about what I might be doing wrong/how to fix it?

This will be because you have faulty CC
After the March 26th Patch the game will have issues with cc and mods if they are not updated.
Please make sure you download your mods again. Then you need to add a few cc back at a time and test after adding. Keep doing this till you find the faulty CC. There is no other easy way.

Perhaps read this post,

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551495
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:22 PM Last edited by Superpandarama : 17th Apr 2015 at 9:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't usually reply to mod related questions but since you have this issue in a vanilla game, I just want you to know that I run the game just fine with the Intel HD 4000.

TS4 on Intel HD 4000

Please post your deviceconfig (in spoiler tags) and I'll take a look at your system, though I'm pretty sure your problem is related to how you are setting up your mods.

Hey there, thanks for your response and help, I've post my config.log in the below spoiler.

I think the issue is probably to do with my installation as well, as it's not a problem I've come across in any forums. I've read quite a few help discussions and guides to installing cc now though and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Initially I did have images in my mods subfolder as well as the .package files as this is how I had my cc in Sims 3 but I can't find anything that says this is a problem and it still crashes without them in there. I have tried with no subfolder, with a 'Packages' subfolder, with multiple subfolders on the same level and also with a 'Packages' subfolder and then multiple sub-subfolders on one level. These all caused crashes apart from the last, which loaded presumably because sims 4 didn't try to read them and had no cc in game.

I've also posted the apple report from the crash in the spoiler tag below to see if this can shed some light on the issue.

Quote: Originally posted by mummy001
This will be because you have faulty CC
After the March 26th Patch the game will have issues with cc and mods if they are not updated.
Please make sure you download your mods again. Then you need to add a few cc back at a time and test after adding. Keep doing this till you find the faulty CC. There is no other easy way.

Perhaps read this post,

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551495

Hi there, thanks for replying. I didn't have any mods or cc before the latest patch. I haven't checked all the CC I have individually but I have done the split and test trick a few times and it crashed every time with each group of CC. I checked it with individual CC files and then again with individual CC files that I knew had been patched and after that with individual CC files that weren't released until after the latest patch and they all still made it crash. So I really think it's not faulty CC but something else. I did have a look at the link you posted and I don't have any of the CC known to cause issues.
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:14 AM
Ok firstly my bad I did not actually realize you were using a Mac. There has been another small update but I doubt that will fix your cc issue. I know since the last update Sims 4 will crash with any cc that is Sims 3. Apparently some Sims 3 cc was able to be in the mods folder before the 26th update but now it will not tolerate it at all.
From what I have read your not alone with this issue. Some peoples game is not working at all with any .package files. Have you tried turning Origin off in the game? Some have had success with that.
Other than that I am not sure what to suggest as I do not have a Mac.
Have you logged a help ticket with Origin? Perhaps you need to also send the Crash Log Report to EA but I am not sure how you go about that but Origin can help you there...
So sorry I could not be of more help.....Let us know how you get on
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:56 AM
I've put this in the OS X category -- @Superpandarama , please use that for anything you post in Help; game issues under OS X are often quite different than those under Windows. Thanks!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I've put this in the OS X category -- @Superpandarama , please use that for anything you post in Help; game issues under OS X are often quite different than those under Windows. Thanks!

Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:51 AM
Update of things I've tried to fix this:
Checking CC
Refreshing the resources file
Repair via origin
Reinstalling
Disabling Origin in Game

I'm kind out of ideas for things to try, so going to have to accept that I can't have cc in my game at the moment.
If anyone does have anymore ideas please let me know.
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Superpandarama
Update of things I've tried to fix this:
Checking CC
Refreshing the resources file
Repair via origin
Reinstalling
Disabling Origin in Game

I'm kind out of ideas for things to try, so going to have to accept that I can't have cc in my game at the moment.
If anyone does have anymore ideas please let me know.

Have you sent a log of the crash to EA? It may help them to work on a patch fix. I don't think you are the only one with this issue.