Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#551 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:53 PM
I installed 1.7.9 so I could use AwesomeMod again and after I updated, none of my package files work. Not even the AwesomeMod that is compatable with the new update. Only my sims3package files work. Any solutions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#552 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 3:45 AM
After countless hours of trial and error I may have solved the problem at least mine anyway. I have close to 2GB of sims3pack files and about 100MB of package files, will test more later on. The game runs great my first load takes about 24 seconds and the town loads even faster at 21 seconds. What I did was remove the game completely including my saves and custom files. I installed both games over and then added my cc after. If people are interested I will gladly write a step by step of what I did to make my game run this fast.
Scholar
#553 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 3:05 PM
@TheUnknownTruth
I AM VERY INTERESTED
in a step by step
Test Subject
#554 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 6:26 PM
I did what you said GeneralOperationsDirector. Create the batch, open the process monitor and the sims3WA, then I opened my batch but it does not say anything, just a black ms-dos windows and it opens C. That's all. Am I doing something wrong?
Test Subject
#555 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 12:01 AM
Here is a step by step of what I did, it’s long but I tried to make it easy to understand. I would like to give credit to modthesims website some of these step come form them.

Step 1:

Go to Start/Control Panel/Programs & Features (Vista/W7) or Start/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs (XP). Uninstall WA first then The Sims 3, the uninstaller will ask if you want to delete your saves and sims3pack files..click yes.

Step 2:

Now Delete all the folders left my the game including cc using these steps:

Click the Start button and select My Computer.

Select the Local Disk C: drive folder.

Select the Program Files folder.

Right click on Electronic Arts folder and pick delete. (If you have other Electronic Arts games then just delete the Sims 3 and WA folders, if not delete the EA folder itself). This deletes everything, do not worry the game creates the folders again later on.

Now go to My Documents

Right click on Electronic Arts folder there and delete it. (Again if you have other Electronic Arts games then just delete the Sims 3, if not delete the EA folder itself)

Step 3:
Now download this program http://www.ccleaner.com/download, install it.

Launch the program after installation has completed.

Click the Registry tab, and click the Scan for Issues button.

When scanning has completed, click the Fix Selected Issues... button.

When you are prompted to backup, click Yes, accept the default name and location

Click Fix All Selected Issues

Step 4:

Time to reinstall base-game. Put The Sims 3 CD/DVD into your drive and begin to install the game. IMPORTANT: when the game asks you to install EA manager, click no. Once the game has installed go to this website http://www.patches-scrolls.de/. (Great website has all the patches you will need)

Step 5:

Install The Sims 3 patch version 1.2.7.00002 from 1.0.631.00002 (Use the correct region, if you have the US game then use the US patch)

Next install The Sims 3 patch version 1.3.24.00002 from 1.2.7.00002

Next install The Sims 3 patch version 1.4.6.00002 from 1.3.24.00002, this will be the final patch for now.

Step 6:

Put The Sims 3 WA CD/DVD into your drive, the game asks you to update the base-game..click yes, continue installing the game. IMPORTANT: again when the game asks you to install EA manger, click no. Now go back to the same website for more patches.

Step 7:

Install The Sims 3 WA patch version 2.2.8 from 2.0.86, I did not update pass this point because some mods I like to use haven't been updated for the newer versions. The new Awesomemod will work with this version for the people that might to use it. IMPORTANT: Never update the game with cc installed, always uninstall all your .package and .sims3pack files.

Step 8:

Run the game a few times and time the loading bars so you can determine how fast the game loads without any cc installed. Loading the game first time will be the longest, after this few runs its gets faster. Also go into CAS and visit vacation places so the game can store them which should decrease loading time. NOTE: I don’t launch the game using the launcher don’t like waiting for it to load.

Step 9:

Time to setup up all our folders where the cc will go. I don’t use monkey installer, everything I install is one step at a time.

Download the Resource.cfg file here http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=927170 make sure your logged in first.

Move the Resource.cfg to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 This is the main folder for The Sims 3. Also create your Mods folder and inside the Mods folder create your Packages folder.
Then download d3dx9_31.dll file here http://mod.gib.me/sims3/files/d3dx9_31.dll and place it in Program Files/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/bin.

Step 10:

Ok, time to add our custom content. This is by far the most important step of all. Through all the trail and error I have come to the conclusion that the game does not lag because of the size or amount of cc but by the quality of it. We have to remember that some of these creators (no disrespect to them) have not use the tools before or long enough, while there stuff might look great on the outside the file itself could have issues which would cause the game to lag. I will show you and example farther down.

Tips:

Watch what you download.

Never download more then 5 files at a time. I keep it at 2.

Use sub folders for everything. Example you download a hairstyle, create a folder called
hairstyles and inside it, creates a folder specific to that hairstyle.

Test your 2-5 files the moment you place them in their folders. If the game loads slower than you would like try them one at a time until you find the problem files.

Just like everything else in life don’t over do it. Download only stuff you know you will use.

Keep it balanced download stuff both in sims3pack and package files. I download mainly in .sims3pack but use package files for game mods, hair, cars, skin tones, few objects, some fashion, and some other stuff.

List of websites I tested so far that work:

http://www.xmsims.com/ Downloaded all their Hair
http://www.modthesims.info/index.php? Tested most cars and game mods
http://www.lianasims3.net/ This where I get most of my fashion from. Note their newer stuff is in sims3pack but the older creations are in .package format.
http://lorandiasims3.com/ They too have both .sim3pack and .package files
http://cazyxdarkplace.blogspot.com/...ms-mhair38.html Blog consists mostly of hair. Tested the ones I liked all work.

Here an example of how one bad file will lag your game, download a few more and your looking at minutes until your game loads.

First download a hairstyle form a good site like http://www.xmsims.com/, launch your game there shouldn’t be any lag.
Now download a hairstyle from here http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga....php?board=42.0, try it in your game and you will see how just one bad file will lag your game. Now I haven’t tested all the hair on their website but enough to know it lags my game.

In closing if anything I have written hare is confusing or you just don’t understand it, post it on here or pm me and I will try my best to help you. Hope this helps a few people.
Scholar
#556 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 12:51 AM
@TheUnknownTruth
Thanks for posting
Do you know a way to fix those 'bad' content??? some is really good creator work!
Test Subject
#557 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 1:15 AM
Post some of the links for content you would like to use in your game and I will see if anything can be done.
Instructor
#558 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheUnknownTruth
... you will see how just one bad file will lag your game. Now I haven’t tested all the hair on their website but enough to know it lags my game...

Perhaps someone can compile a list of mods that actually slow down or lag the game? That could come in handy.

Thanks for the tips.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#559 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 8:49 AM
candlelight82 - There's already people looking into fixers for that.

James009 - What works in your game may not work for someone else (and vice versa) - best thing to do is use Process Monitor as advised and see what is causing YOU problems.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#560 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 6:50 PM
I finally decided to patch my game and was so incredibly disappointed when the damn game just took forever to load. I happened to be on MATY and saw the link to this thread.

I ran the Process Monitor and noticed that a few files were coming up time and time again, so I deleted them all and voila, my game took about 3 mins to load. I am such a happy bunny

Here are the files, all Sims2 I think:

ask_justlips-remix_tan and other colours
b8e83d1d_FireSeries
COLOR_PRS4R_NailPolishLongRed_091306 and other colours
7adbbea2_LaPink_3DLash03
[JA] Honeycomb - Combustible - have no idea what that could be.
EP_0814EyeBrow 1 - 14
Peggy_ACC080822_Pegy15_MESH
[JA] Arthropoda - Grenade

Yay, with the new sliders and increased slider capacity, I can make better sims.
Now for the World Adventures challenge and it not recognising sims3pack files.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Mad Poster
#561 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 10:46 PM Last edited by edejan : 20th Dec 2009 at 11:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ambular
Had a bit of an inspiration just now and ran the old TS2 Clean Installer on my TS3 mods folder. After clicking past numerous error messages, sure enough, it turned up about six TS2 files that had gotten mixed in there by mistake. So that might help a little.

I don't see much follow-up to this suggestion...I also tried the S2 Clean Installer and came up with more than 700 files listed!!! Is it possible I have that many S2 files in my S3 files or did I do something really stupid! Should I just delete all 700+? I'm only asking because the number seems so fantastically high...and I'm too chicken or not mentally prepared yet to try the PM program.

Any comments or suggestions, please?

Edit: Well, I went through and removed all the package files that were showing up in the S2 Clean Installer. They were every package file I had. So does this mean that the Clean Installer recognizes S3 files as S2 files?
Test Subject
#562 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I don't see much follow-up to this suggestion...I also tried the S2 Clean Installer and came up with more than 700 files listed!!! Is it possible I have that many S2 files in my S3 files or did I do something really stupid! Should I just delete all 700+? I'm only asking because the number seems so fantastically high...and I'm too chicken or not mentally prepared yet to try the PM program.

Any comments or suggestions, please?

Edit: Well, I went through and removed all the package files that were showing up in the S2 Clean Installer. They were every package file I had. So does this mean that the Clean Installer recognizes S3 files as S2 files?

I suggest you use PM it will save you a lot of time and headaches. Like HystericalParoxysm said find the files causing your problems and you should be good to go.
Test Subject
#563 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 7:13 AM
Sorry if the answer is in the posts and I've missed it from skimming, but my Process Monitor screen comes up blank even after I've exited the game from all the game play I could managed before I was forced to exit because my computer "ran out of memory" because it was so laggy. > Why is it empty? I'd really, REALLY love to delete these files so I can enjoy the EP.
#564 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nadiah
I did what you said GeneralOperationsDirector. Create the batch, open the process monitor and the sims3WA, then I opened my batch but it does not say anything, just a black ms-dos windows and it opens C. That's all. Am I doing something wrong?
Running the batch file will open a black "MS-DOS" window. Because of the @ symbols in front of the Start commands, the commands themselves will not appear in the window. This leaves only the output of the commands, and as the Start command generates output only when errors occur, there will be no output from them either, if they work. This should leave the entire window empty. This is expected. If the window bothers you, right-click on the batch file icon, select Properties, and tell it to [1] close the window when the file exits, and [2] to open minimized.

Now, the important stuff:
1. Does your game launch successfully this way?
2. Does the Process Monitor launch successfully this way?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#565 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 7:59 PM
I suggest you use PM it will save you a lot of time and headaches. Like HystericalParoxysm said find the files causing your problems and you should be good to go.

Thanks!! I may try it but I so far can't even comprehend the instructions. I have no computer knowledge whatsoever, so I don't know if I'll do more damage than good. But thanks anyway! I guess we can conclude that Clean Installer won't really help.
Test Subject
#566 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 8:17 PM
Try putting the mods folder in the Sim3 directory(the base game) and loading speed returns to normal.
Test Subject
#567 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Thanks!! I may try it but I so far can't even comprehend the instructions. I have no computer knowledge whatsoever, so I don't know if I'll do more damage than good. But thanks anyway! I guess we can conclude that Clean Installer won't really help.

Well you could always do it the long way by uninstalling all your custom content then testing few files at a time until you find the bad ones. If you are still having trouble after that I suggest you reinstall the games, I have posted a step by step guide of how to do this.
Mad Poster
#568 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 4:02 AM
Well you could always do it the long way by uninstalling all your custom content then testing few files at a time until you find the bad ones. If you are still having trouble after that I suggest you reinstall the games, I have posted a step by step guide of how to do this.

Thanks! I know that method from S2. After hours of frustration, I just took out all my dl's and I'm reinserting a few at a time. Kind of ihe backwards method of what you mentioned.
Test Subject
#569 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Now, the important stuff:
1. Does your game launch successfully this way?
2. Does the Process Monitor launch successfully this way?

Yes, both launch ok, thank you.
Still I have the same problems, the reloading thing everytime I go to the city/mirror/dresser. But no CC seems to be wrong, so I don't know. It never happened to me with the base game only, but it's happening since I've got WA.....
Lab Assistant
#570 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 5:31 PM
Well this sucks...before trying the program it took at least 2 hours to get everything loaded

after I installed it & did the filter, I waited over an hour for it to get to jut the loading video & eventually got a virtual memory too low message. Anyone got any ideas? Am I just going to have to completely remove all my CC yet again?

I've got 2.5 gigs of ram, so I don't see why I'd get that message...
#571 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nadiah
Yes, both launch ok, thank you.
You`re welcome. I`m sorry I can`t help you with the *rest* of your problem, though. ::sigh::

...and anyone else who needs my "automated solution", feel free!

Lab Assistant
#572 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 7:15 AM
Finally got my game to at least load w/ process monitor on, but only made it to the neighborhood screen, so I didn't get to play it.

However, when I opened up ProcMon it appeared my files loaded fine, so I went into file summary. I noticed a tab in the summary that said OPENS.

My question is, looking at the number on this the same as looking through all the files & seeing which ones have been opened more than once? I have a LOT of files & it would take me days to scroll through the list (plus I have vision problems so going through a long list is very difficult).

If the opens tab is the same as going through the list, would it be safe to assume that anything that has an entry of more than 1 is a "bad file"?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#573 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 9:40 AM
ang41187 - No, more than thousands is a bad file - one, two, three times isn't a big deal - cycling through the same file every second is bad.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#574 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:08 PM
to those who want to use the Batch File method mentioned by GeneralOperationsDirector here's a script sample:

@ECHO OFF
ECHO.
ECHO Sims3Test Batch File
ECHO.
PAUSE
START /D"D:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\" TS3EP01.exe
PING -n 60 localhost
START /D"D:\Process Monitor\" Procmon.exe
WAIT
EXIT

see "D:\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\"? edit this to the location of your sims as well as "D:\Process Monitor\" to your process monitor...

this script would wait 60 seconds to load process monitor, about the time sims 3 is finished on the intro video... or change the 60 value to lesser seconds if you prefer...
#575 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 5:54 PM
"Ping"? I hadn`t thought of using *that* for a delay! Duh!

Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Fixes found and made into FAQ - please make a new thread if you have further questions/issues.
Page 23 of 26