Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ioscream
You guys got rid of the resource.cfg and the d3dx.... whatever file in the /Game/Bin folder as well? To be honest even having those in without AM installed my game did not crash nor did I have a problem with my saved game. However, I did not try to load my game without CC, I just created a new to make sure it was working.

Can you give me the link to get the second patch, I'm assuming you actually downloaded two somehow. Maybe you're getting them somewhere different from me. I know there are two lists, what is fixed in base and what is fixed in WA. The patch is for everyone, those with base game and those with WA. If you read the lists you will see that the base has the same stuff as the WA list, though the WA list has a little more as it fixes stuff in the EP. I take it those who don't have WA will be ready for it when it does come.

I downloaded the patch and installed it with my launcher, which now says I'm up to date.

If you can give me a link to this elusive second patch, I will go download it.

Just wondering, how many people downloaded two patches and patched their game twice?

Also, I have mostly sims3.pack files and they are fine. The only .packages I have are a few paintings I did myself and mods by me and others. My sims 3.packs files are things like clothing, objects, etc.

I gave the answer to this issue but it was deleted, and rightly so, I wasn't thinking. What I would suggest is for people to check where these broken files came from and if they all have something in common
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes

If you can give me a link to this elusive second patch, I will go download it.

Just wondering, how many people downloaded two patches and patched their game twice?

I guess the simple answer here is Yes and No. When I updated via the launcher, it updated both WA and the base game.. Basically it ran the update twice, targeting each directly.. no input from me, it just gave me a Successful update twice. But I didn't need to run anything twice..it installed both patches back to back in the same "Update my game" session. So if you updated from the launcher, it should have already installed both updates.
Scholar
#53 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 3:59 AM
Bahr, thanks, I did the same as you and I thought that's what happened. It works well anyway. Come to think of it, I thought it was finished, so I loaded up CAW, that said the game wasn't compatible, so I shut it down and refreshed the launcher, it immediately started installing again. I suppose that might have been the second part, though it only took a few seconds, so I thought it just hadn't finished yet. I know I only downloaded one patch though and don't understand why some people seem to have had to get two patches. Must be the ones who do it manually or something.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 4:21 AM
Default disgusted
If the patch does anything like that, making it impossible to use any cc other than that which is purchased from EA, than i will delete Sims 3 and go back to Sims 2 in a jack minute! I would miss the sliders but seriously, i remember having a lot more fun playing the game with Sims 2! What in the world was EA thinking with some of the decisions it made about this game. Did they forget what made us love Sims in the first place. Control! But if they do something so assine as to limit creativity with players and with creators, I'll pull Sims 3 out and turn my back on EA.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#55 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 4:33 AM
I am assuming this thread was moved to game help from social.

Anyone having problems, please read the stickies at the top of the forum. Locking, as this thread is getting so convoluted, I can barely make sense of it.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Not informative and no help was asked. Please read the stickies.
Page 3 of 3