Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:25 PM
Default Working TreZillah's 2003 Rolls Royce Phantom Recolors.
First of all, I was not sure if this was a Creator Issue worth it post or not, so I am posting here.
Vovillia uploaded a 14 Recolors of TreZillah's 2003 Rolls Royce Phantom on here, in 2007.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=262010
If you browse the comments, many seems to complain that these recolors do not show up/work on the mesh, and well, many can't find the mesh either, the site which this upload links to is no longer available.
I would not have noticed, since I am not using this car in my game. It has been brought to my attention by @Vvg , who started this thread in the WCIF forums.
Post number 11 down that thread, omglo found and shared the mesh.
Then not long after, post 13...another mention of the non-working recolors.

I found the problems, and I fixed them.
They were all referring to another object's GUID, therefore, made for another car mesh.
I also replace the texture image in all 14 of them, as the first car mesh had been mapped differently.
Good thing as they are now 3kb is size each.
*I have not edited the mesh.

The questions that kills :
1-Should I, or should I not, upload the fixed version?
2-If I do, do I upload as mine? or as a fixed version of Vovillia's work?------->If I upload as mine, I'll have to change the file names. Not convenient for people who already have them, as mine won't overwrite them.
3-I included the mesh in my .rar file, along with all 14 recolors. Is that OK?
4-I could just post a link to my SFS in the comments of the already existing Vovillia's upload thread. I could also, post that same link in Vvg's WCIF thread as well.

Thank you for your advice, dear Moderators.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
4-I could just post a link to my SFS in the comments of the already existing Vovillia's upload thread. I could also, post that same link in Vvg's WCIF thread as well.

I ended up doing just that. I'll leave this thread open. I have other cats to fry.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)