Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 2:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Ambitions-Firefighters keep going to work!
Hello, this is just a small question but I couldn’t find any answer on a google search or in this site's search engine, so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask here.

My sims who have the firefighter career are always returning to their work place on off hours and vacations whenever I’m not controlling them. It gets annoying when I want to play another household and know that the sim I’d lose will automatically go back to the fire station and stay there…forever.

Is this normal or is it a bug that a mod can help stop it?

I’ve so far looked at NRAAS Story Progression Options, but I’m not sure if there’s an option to deactivate going back to work exactly and so far nothing works. I also switched between firefighters with the NRAAS Master Controller and noticed that my former active sims will automatically leave to go home, to then come back to work.

My system specs are in the .txt file in the attached .zip. Overall, my computer runs slow when playing, but doesn't crash. I am playing on the Island Paradise world, if that also helps.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  System Specs.rar (1.3 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 8:59 AM Last edited by babele44 : 15th Jun 2014 at 5:56 PM.
I think that this is normal behaviour for Sims in the firefighter profession who are not actively played. It also happens that if you make them active while they are there they will either receive the "Go Home" command from the game immediately or if you tell them to do something else than to just stand around they will cancel all your commands as soon as you make them inactive again. It's one of those decisions by the developers that makes you scratch your head and wonder what the thought behind this was.