Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 12:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default 3 Weeks with no response: Coupons don't actually create discounts? // It's $250! That's 70% off $250!
So I've been waiting 3 weeks for this to be answered, and there's no "bump to the top" or "say this issue still exists" as far as I can see on here, so I'm reposting it hoping someone will have some info or a fix. Here's my issue:

Now this is for patch 1.67, and I recently had to reinstall all expansion packs twice because strange things were happening, and without mods. I've removed all my mods, but this doesn't seem to be fixed, even though I had a mod that effected coupons, and it wasn't the cause when I went vanilla. Any fixes out there?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaitinValen
So I've been waiting 3 weeks for this to be answered, and there's no "bump to the top" or "say this issue still exists" as far as I can see on here, so I'm reposting it hoping someone will have some info or a fix.

I didn't see your original. This is for a sim with the frugal trait getting a coupon out of the paper/off of the computer, correct? If so, mine never shows the corrected price in the description of the coupon when it's for a spa service (all of the other discounts are listed correctly). It drives me nuts sometimes however if I actually go to the spa and use the coupon, I get the proper discount. Is it just for one shop that it's not listing to correct discounted price and have you tried cashing the coupon in?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 11:37 PM
We actually had this a few weeks ago in Sims3 Discussions, so I'm reposting what I wrote there:

Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
I now have another problem. The coupons that the Frugal Sims clip/find on the net don't actually provide any discount. I get a message along the lines of "Something or other is now $250. It used to be $250. That's 30% off!" And while this type of message is mildly entertaining, at least when you first see it, it's clearly stating that there's no discount.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to fix it?
Yes, I can confirm that Spa discount coupons are broken as they do not give you any discount. But if I remember it correctly, they still give you the "Good Deal" moodlet if you use the coupon nevertheless.
Book discounts, however, work but they are broken in a different way as often they offer books from EPs that are not available in a homeworld bookstore, like WA recipes, books from the future or books you can only receive through opportunities or the AMB time machine.
Discounts from the grocery store seem to be fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
I didn't see your original. This is for a sim with the frugal trait getting a coupon out of the paper/off of the computer, correct? If so, mine never shows the corrected price in the description of the coupon when it's for a spa service (all of the other discounts are listed correctly). It drives me nuts sometimes however if I actually go to the spa and use the coupon, I get the proper discount. Is it just for one shop that it's not listing to correct discounted price and have you tried cashing the coupon in?

I have tried cashing the coupons in; and it's for anything, lettuce, books, spa. It's just like it says in the title, something will "be on sale" and be a percentage off, but when I go and try to buy it, it is the same price, and gets bought for the same price, despite the coupon. I had a frugal sim, and it was like this without mods; then I also added the "everyone can clip coupons" mod, and that just made it so everyone can get these fake coupons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Oh sure! after 400 views and 1 bump, finally one person answered and immediately get slapped with 2 disagree.

Jerks.

You were "slapped" with two disagrees because you didn't help, and said basically "sorry your problem doesn't matter, and I've never had it, and I don't use that option anyways"

I use that option, so thank you for your non-answer.

I appreciate others seeing this, and giving me references to other posts that had the same issue and saying "sorry, it's a problem but there's not really a fix" instead of "I don't use it so whatever" and "no one cares."