Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 12:45 AM
Default Need some feedback and advice with lot
Hello everyone. I tried to create some sort of "murder shack in the woods" lot is 10x10 (the smallest one)
here some photos from house i did:
Outside:

Inside:

lot is using: Basegame, World Adventures, Ambitions, Supernatural, University Life and Movie Stuff Pack (that means no CC or Store content)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 2:06 PM
Hi
I like this a lot. The idea with the chainsaw and the knives is awesome! I also like the lightbulb. Well I like your choice of objects to put it shortly:D
I would suggest playing a bit more with CASting to make everything look a bit more dirty and old. I would maybe also replace the red trees with some tree that would be more likely to be found inside of a forest.
Maybe you could try to use the set of walls from WA with the dirt on the edges. (If you use the same wood pattern for the three top bars the bricks will disappear)
Also the pile of dust can serve as a funny decoration when CASted right.
I atached a suggestion picture with a scene which could look interesting on your lot I think. (using the pile of sand and the walls I mentioned)
Screenshots

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper
Hi
I like this a lot. The idea with the chainsaw and the knives is awesome! I also like the lightbulb. Well I like your choice of objects to put it shortly:D
I would suggest playing a bit more with CASting to make everything look a bit more dirty and old. I would maybe also replace the red trees with some tree that would be more likely to be found inside of a forest.
Maybe you could try to use the set of walls from WA with the dirt on the edges. (If you use the same wood pattern for the three top bars the bricks will disappear)
Also the pile of dust can serve as a funny decoration when CASted right.
I atached a suggestion picture with a scene which could look interesting on your lot I think. (using the pile of sand and the walls I mentioned)

thanks for opinion, trees are normal but when i was shooting photos i had autumn in game so it looks like it looks
by the way thanks for some ideas
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 1:32 AM
Great start! I would suggest not having a tree on each corner of the lot as that looks a bit unnatural. Love the chainsaw! Where do the sims do dishes? Do they take them to the all in one bathroom? Logistically, you might want to consider extending the roof and adding a porch post where the all in one bathroom is. Of course, you may want them to go out in the weather every time they need to use the bathroom.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Great start! I would suggest not having a tree on each corner of the lot as that looks a bit unnatural. Love the chainsaw! Where do the sims do dishes? Do they take them to the all in one bathroom? Logistically, you might want to consider extending the roof and adding a porch post where the all in one bathroom is. Of course, you may want them to go out in the weather every time they need to use the bathroom.

ok i didn't thought about it and i would add it to next update of my house and i i'll show you results
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 3:33 AM
I really like this- so creepy! I would always take any advice Crowkeeper or SimmyRN give, they are two of the best. It doesn't look like you have any available counters to prep recipes, so that will limit the cooking sims can do. I agree with the others that there are trees in game that are more barren, for creating the atmosphere that I think you want, and an asymmetrical placement of trees is more realistic. You could also make a larger version of the lot with lots of trees to convey the "hiding in the forest" vibe. Don't forget to play test the lot with a sim. Even simple lots can confound sims. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I really like this- so creepy! I would always take any advice Crowkeeper or SimmyRN give, they are two of the best. It doesn't look like you have any available counters to prep recipes, so that will limit the cooking sims can do. I agree with the others that there are trees in game that are more barren, for creating the atmosphere that I think you want, and an asymmetrical placement of trees is more realistic. You could also make a larger version of the lot with lots of trees to convey the "hiding in the forest" vibe. Don't forget to play test the lot with a sim. Even simple lots can confound sims. Good luck!

i have one counter i think it should be ok because he or she doesn't need to eat some fashioned style meals i created some asymmetrical placement of trees but i wouldn't create larger lot because i love 10x10 lots a lot but again - thanks for advice, this means very much tu me