Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7601 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 2:20 AM
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7602 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:17 AM
Is there a reason that so many people name their lots "Round 4"? I just downloaded at least four of them with that name, both residential and community.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#7603 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Is there a reason that so many people name their lots "Round 4"? I just downloaded at least four of them with that name, both residential and community.

There’s this contest going on, it’s called Community Spirit and round 4 finished some time ago so a few contestants uploaded their lots I shared mine in a single upload. They’re all resdential though, as the only community lot round is the current one, round 5.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#7604 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:32 AM
Oh! That makes sense.

Another question: Is it okay to renumber the cx_00000xxx files in the LotCatalog folder? Whenever I install new lots they end up in random spots in the lot bin and I figured renumbering them so there aren't any gaps in the numbers would work.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7605 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:33 AM
You get the base game Honeymoon even with BV if you don't book them a BV honeymoon, BTW.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7606 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wthrwthoutyu
I have a question. Is there a tutorial for making items available only in Collections? I downloaded a bunch of katvip's stuff and I love it, but I don't need it all the time and it's making a mess of the catalog.
Don't know if there is one already but if you get stuck, I could write one for you. Just ask.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7607 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:36 PM
Quote:
Another question: Is it okay to renumber the cx_00000xxx files in the LotCatalog folder? Whenever I install new lots they end up in random spots in the lot bin and I figured renumbering them so there aren't any gaps in the numbers would work.

I'd like to know that too-because I'd love to renumber the lots in my lots bin so they're more organized. I vaguely remember it being said that you can, but do not take my word for it. I've never done it myself.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7608 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:06 PM
Yes, you can rename them. Whether that makes any difference to the load order though...

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
just a girl
#7609 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:48 PM
I remember that most recently saved to the bin lots tend to show up at the beginning of the lot catalog in game. Although, I'm not so sure that it's a filename that organizes them. Please let us know how it goes if you decide to test it out =)
Mad Poster
#7610 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 3:54 PM
I have never booked a honeymoon and haven't seen the post-wedding limo since installing BV, simsfreq. Possibly one of us has a mod with a side effect.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#7611 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 4:27 PM
In regards to lots and how they show in the lot catalogue, you can attain a sort of order to it. What I did was install a batch of lots at a time (10 or 20), placed the lots in a mostly empty 'hood, deleted the original lots from the catalogue, then put the placed copies back into the catalogue in the order I wanted. This both changed the numbers in their file names (the cx_00000xxx) and set them to show in a certain order. The minor problem I've run into is that while they keep that order, they sometimes switch which way they go. Sometimes I find my Backdoor Lane lots sitting at the beginning of the catalogue, for example, and sometimes they're near the end with all the Maxis lots. This usually happens when I install a new lot. Otherwise, they do pretty much stay in the order of "newest into the catalogue shows first". I'm not sure if just renaming the files will cause them to show in order in the catalogue or not, as that was something I didn't test out.
Mad Poster
#7612 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I have never booked a honeymoon and haven't seen the post-wedding limo since installing BV, simsfreq. Possibly one of us has a mod with a side effect.

If it's a mod side effect thing, I must have the same relevant setup as you, Peni. Since installing the game this time (all eps but OFB), I've had several weddings, and the one where I didn't book a honeymoon got no honeymoon at all.
Mad Poster
#7613 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:46 PM Last edited by marka93 : 24th Jun 2017 at 6:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Its not a mod.
You have to book the honeymoon for the limo to show up in later EP's and I think the last 2 SP's as well.
You can also book a BV honeymoon at the computer to.

ADD: I should also put in that you must booked the honeymoon then throw the wedding party and right after they get married by the arch the limo will show up.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#7614 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Oh! That makes sense.

Make a clean and empty hood called "House Holding Hood" or whatever you want to call it and make it flat, then place all the lots from the bin in it and delete all the lots in the bin and now you can just place whatever lot you want to the bin and its easy peasy to find what you want.

Just make sure to place another copy back in the house holding hood after moving them to the lot bin.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#7615 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:24 PM
EH? How does that make, say, all the EMPTY lots show up together? Or the lots you've made for college? It DOES make the ones you PUT in the bin be put at the front of the line - but not consistently! And it does not sort by cost..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#7616 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Don't know if there is one already but if you get stuck, I could write one for you. Just ask.

@maxon, could you write a tutorial about making objects available only via Collections?

Better to start with nice instructions than to begin, and then realize I've painted myself into a corner.
#7617 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 7:56 PM
When you sell an owned community lot only the things marked for sale that were left unsold get sold back, everything else stays right? It's been awhile since i've done that so i want to make sure i got the right idea. Don't want to have to go in when someone else purchases it and have to rebuy all the furniture and stuff.
Scholar
#7618 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Make a clean and empty hood called "House Holding Hood" or whatever you want to call it and make it flat, then place all the lots from the bin in it and delete all the lots in the bin and now you can just place whatever lot you want to the bin and its easy peasy to find what you want.

Just make sure to place another copy back in the house holding hood after moving them to the lot bin.

So it is safe to delete the lots from the bin, then? I've had a real estate hood for years, but was never sure if I should delete the bin lots. It would make it much easier if I only had one copy of the house I want in the bin!

I put one-bedroom houses in the main hood, then have separate downtowns for two-, three- and four bedrooms. I also arrange them in price order, so when a Sim wants to buy a house, I just go to the appropriate property subhood and see what's in their price range.
Mad Poster
#7619 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:09 PM
If you're like some, you copy the lot you want to keep in the hood to the "lot file" folder in the game. That way, when you do empty the bin out, you have a copy should you 'lose' the one in the hood.
It also helps that it has all the furnishings, etc in it before you do it, so you don't have to search for items you had put into it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7620 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
So it is safe to delete the lots from the bin, then?

The way I understand it, it depends on what's on the lot. Some items, like the NL restaurant stove, can apparently generate npcs even in build mode.
Alchemist
#7621 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 10:54 PM
about renaming lot bin lots, the characters of occupied lots may need to start with the same number (cx_########) as their original lot.
about deleting lot bin lots; lots without sim/character references can be safely be deleted. lots with sim/character references; I would guess only ones that never had any connections (memories, memory markers, relationships, family ties) with other lots. CJ's lot inspector can check if a lot is safe to delete; probably place the lot in a temporary neighborhood.

an unrelated question::
can main-categories/sub-categories be added to either Buy Mode or Build Mode?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7622 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:07 PM
It's fine to delete bin lots-ones you have built and placed into the bin, ones that shipped with the game, ones you have downloaded.

Do not place occupied lots into the bin and that means sims alive or dead.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7623 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:10 PM
Well, I tested renumbering them (after taking a backup just in case) and didn't run into any problems. Didn't actually help with my problem, though. Oh well.

Field Researcher
#7624 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:58 PM
It's always safe to delete Lots from the lotbin. Once they are there, occupied or not, npc generating stoves/coffee counters etc or not. Once a lot is in the lotbin, anything unsafe for your hood that was going to happen, has already happened.
Link Ninja
#7625 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:01 AM
Twice I have accidentally put an occupied lot in the lot bin. One was a dorm, because I was trying to move the graduate out and the second I was having a total blonde moment and put a house into the bin while a sim was on it, I was trying to move him out too. They both came back with no memory when I got them with sim blender and replaced their character files with back ups. It's a miracle my hood is still running 10 years later.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 305 of 1347