Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2018 at 10:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cleaning used lots
Forgive me if this has been answered already. I did see some related threads but they were dated by several years, so I thought I would post the question just on the chance that there may be some new information.

I just created a 36-unit apartment complex in my test neighborhood. Unfortunately, I moved my test sim into the lot before learning that this can corrupt the lot. He was only in there for maybe one sim day since all I did was test a few things, do some building, then move him out. I furnished the apartments after he moved out (since all furnishings went with him anyway).

Is there any way to clean this lot enough to make it usable in another hood without risk? I was creating it to package for use in my new custom hood, but I don't want to use it if that will corrupt the new hood.

*Edited to add that I have Sims Ultimate Collection and operate on Windows 10
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th May 2018 at 10:24 PM
That is why I put up a tutorial, it's in the building area.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th May 2018 at 10:47 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:18 PM
Thanks @simsample I was too asleep yet to go find it. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:06 AM
Thank you! I will check it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:11 AM
That's perfect! Thank you! I hadn't seen this new thread!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:18 AM
Downloaded the lot compressor and the app you noted and cleaned the lot! Thank you so much.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:35 AM
Chris made it easy. :D

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:15 AM
One quick follow up question - I didn't see it answered in the other threads - is there any way to check the lot and make sure it is clean?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:19 AM
Package it and look at it in SimPE as per the first part of the tutorial, as if you were going to clean it the long way. You won't find 0 sim references, all lots have them, but it should be a small amount.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:28 AM
Ok, thank you on behalf of Trotsky Tenements!
Scholar
#12 Old 29th May 2018 at 3:39 PM
You didn't/can't move a sim into an Apartment Base, they move into one of the game generated Apartment Sub lots. The Apartment Base which is the file you created has not and can not be lived in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st May 2018 at 1:32 PM
I tested it as a residential lot then used the changelotzoning cheat to make it apartment base.