Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey010
If you open the cheat console and type "help" without the quotes you should find a cheat to help with this problem. In mine it is "SetImportedTerrainOffset (value)" for the value use a positive number to move it one way and a negative number to move it the other way e.g 1 or -1

Thanks!!! Annoying but it works, lol. bstar84

Thanks!!! Annoying but it works, lol.

It doesn't work for me.. :/
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#27 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 9:23 AM
In edit town, before you put down the lot use "setimportedterrainoffset 5", then put down your lot. That should give you a very high placement for you lot. If it doesn't use another cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" first and then use the first cheat.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#28 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 9:27 AM
I found it didn't work on beach lots, Something in the game seems to be overruled by sea level.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
dodgy builder
#29 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I found it didn't work on beach lots, Something in the game seems to be overruled by sea level.

That is true for me as well, and using the conform edges in caw distorts everything, making it hard to fix without cfe.
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 4:35 PM
Default how to correct the lots with SetImportedTerrainOffset
This cheat did not help me at all. and i did not accept the lot. but my lot was still screwed up so i had to quit game with out saving to get it back to where i wanted it
dodgy builder
#31 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 12:13 AM
What did you do that didn't work? Several has done this with success.
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th May 2018 at 4:45 AM
Default That might work
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
It's not really clear on here what exactly to do, but the "SetImportedTerrainOffset" works.

1. lay down the empty lot space you need.
2. Go into buy/build for the empty lot.
3. Use "SetImportedTerrainOffset" If your lot sinks use a number around 3, I think 2.8 is flat. Nothing actually happens that you will see.
4. Go back into edit town and place your lot on the empty one.

It should be correct now if you did it right.

But- I built my world using CAW so a lot of my lots are on cliffs. Or they are not flat and I don't want them to be flat. so the cheat is not going to work for it.
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th May 2018 at 4:46 AM
But- I built my world using CAW so a lot of my lots are on cliffs. Or they are not flat and I don't want them to be flat. so the cheat is not going to work for it.
dodgy builder
#34 Old 10th May 2018 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AuntMorticha24

You just use a number, see the result, and if it's not something you can work around you just abort it. It doesn't need to be flat, just make it whatever you like. You most likely have to do a lot of terrainwork after though.

... oh yes, and you have to save first, that way you wont lose anything if you have to close down the game.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 10th May 2018 at 8:14 AM
I wish it worked on beach lots but I have failed with this also. So far I have only tried on flat lots and have had successes with those.
Page 2 of 2