Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCantankerousUnicorn
THIS UPDATE IS *SimGuruRyan Moment Ahead* AWESOME!!!

I only caught one awesome today. At 56.57.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
I'll accept payment in the form of an Island Paradise preorder.

We wouldn't usually list something like that in the patch notes. There are lots of minor tweaks that get changed that never get called out

:lovestruc you Graham. I was so worried about it but now I am so excited. Thank you. I preordered but not with Origin this time, I want my game sooner than when Origin will deliver.

Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I always start fresh with each new patch. I keep telling myself that I am not going to do it, but alas, I do it every time! At least I save my sims to bin.

They are saved to bin, but have one more term to go through and I want to finish it. If I can stay out these threads.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:11 PM
Has anyone tried using any custom skins/hair/sliders after installing this patch yet? I know I always ask this question when an EP patch comes out, but I like to make sure that new patches aren't horrifying CC-breakers like patch 1.26 was.

(I assume there aren't any issues like that since most of the big changes coming with Island Paradise relate to lots and routing rather than CAS, but still...)
Alchemist
#79 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:18 PM
Someone just posted on the main site that the patch messed up CAW. *sigh*
Mad Poster
#80 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:42 PM
Did that person update CAW appropriately?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#81 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
What? I'm playing around with the wooden stilts and I can recolour them just fine.

They recolor just fine, but when select over water, it wouldn't allow me to change them. I had to move back to a stilt that was on dry land to recolor them all.

Alchemist
#82 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Did that person update CAW appropriately?

No clue. I can't log in to ask, just can read.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:45 PM
*goes to read, if I can find the thread*

Alchemist
#84 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:52 PM
*goes to read, if I can find the thread*

Never mind. Callum says it takes a few days for them to update CAW after a patch. I didn't know that. So it's just a waiting thing until they update.
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • Sims can now purchase additional homes using the Real Estate system.
  • Sims can now move to a new Town using the Phone or Computer.
  • Players will now have more control positioning their lot when importing a lot from the bin to a larger empty lot.
These are long overdue.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#86 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Never mind. Callum says it takes a few days for them to update CAW after a patch. I didn't know that. So it's just a waiting thing until they update.

I think Houseboats are coming in the CAW. If you don't have IP installed, they wont work in game. I think that's what Graham said, I could be wrong. An update is coming, though.

Alchemist
#87 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:09 PM
I think Houseboats are coming in the CAW. If you don't have IP installed, they wont work in game. I think that's what Graham said, I could be wrong. An update is coming, though.

Thanks, matrix. Good to know that.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:12 PM
Welcome.

Field Researcher
#89 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:20 PM
Modular stair don't require the extra space to one side to be useable. Finally! Yeah. At least the new stairs don't.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:20 PM
Welcome.

Someone on the forums posted this. All I can say is "fitting."

Theorist
#91 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:37 PM
They recolor just fine, but when select over water, it wouldn't allow me to change them. I had to move back to a stilt that was on dry land to recolor them all.

That's really weird. My stilts are over water and all of them recoloured.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:43 PM

Make sure you're clicking on the portion of the stilt that's above the water line. If you're attempting to click through the water, the game is recognizing your click as being on the water surface rather than on the stilt.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Scholar
#93 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 9:49 PM
Quick question about something that confuses me, why do us English folk get EPs after Europe, even though we are in Europe?
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#94 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:19 PM
So, bit the bullet, and removed my Twallan mods and updated. the only problem I seem to be having is my werewolf sliders seem to be missing, even when making a werewolf, but I think that may be because I had to remove the mod that lets more sliders show up in CAS, since I have a few customs one installed. Hopefully that's the reason, as I didn't take that into consideration. Duh, me.

Also, after experimenting with the new stilts foundation, they place just fine, but my Sim has route failure when trying to actually go on the surface that's over water. Expanding them further inland lowers the terrain surrounding them. I assume this has something to do with the slope of the land? (this was in a custom world, where the only beach area had a rather steep slope). This has probably more to do with my lack of ability with building in general, as opposed to an actual issue, since building isn't my strong suit. Hopefully one of the more competent builders here can make a "Making piers for absolute Morons" section for the wiki. I'd be all over that.
Inventor
#95 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:22 PM
I love the fact that we finally have the base game version showing in the launcher and not the EP one.

Yeah.

Semi-official bug thread is here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686687.page
One Minute Ninja'd
#96 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCantankerousUnicorn
Quick question about something that confuses me, why do us English folk get EPs after Europe, even though we are in Europe?

Maybe as punishment for refusing to accept domination by the euro?
Scholar
#97 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:35 PM
The euro? The one that's gone bust and is slowly forcing all the countries that were dominated by it (that sounds wrong) into recession and bankruptcy?
I guess so.
Inventor
#98 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Maybe as punishment for refusing to accept domination by the euro?

Hm. We Swiss refusing it too and we get it on Thursday so there goes that theory
Scholar
#99 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 10:48 PM
I think it's some weird form of racism
Field Researcher
#100 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 11:01 PM
Finally saw the bed. Way too cool. Great for all us story tellers. Woot! Woot!
Page 4 of 11