Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 11:15 PM
Which game(s) do you have?
Sims 3 all EPs up until and including pets

2. What game version/patch level?
Version 10.0.96

3. How many sims are missing/invisible?

4. Do they have an icon or not?
no

5. Do you have any UI issues?
just before the disappearance, like for an entire sim day i couldnt check her scrapbook... it wouldn't open

6. Were the sims traveling?
no

7. How many traveling?
none

8. How are all travellers related?
N/A

9. Which country are the sims in?
Bridgeport

10. How many days?
i dont know... i cant check

11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?
N/A

12. Returning together or separate?
N/A

13. Are you using SuperComputer Twallan's MasterController+Overwatch+DebugEnabler or AwesomeMod?
just master controller

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?
EA story progression

15. When did the issue start?
Yesterday

16. What were your sims doing?
Walking into her apartment from work, holding her dog, about to put him down then go on the computer...

17. What things have you tried
i havent tried anything yet, im still in the research fase... and its not looking good >.<

18. What worked?
N/A

19. What didn't work?
N/A

20. Anything else you would like to add?
originally she wasnt invisible... just her icon.. then when i clicked on her i couldnt use her to do anything... and then i used resetsim and then is when she disappeared, she is currently un-click-cable, un-select-able (whenever i try to select her icon it won't select) and she has disappeared.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#152 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmysimfreak
Version 10.0.96

13. Are you using SuperComputer Twallan's MasterController+Overwatch+DebugEnabler or AwesomeMod?
just master controller

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?
EA story progression
2. What about base game version?

13. Then I would suggest getting and using them as shown in the wiki to see if your issue can be solved.

14. And pick an SP mod to replace EA's buggy version.
Test Subject
#153 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 11:29 AM
Default Invisible Sims
Helo,

I am very confused, didnt find any solutions tht can help me out. 2 of my sims are invisible i can only c the green box empty. I have installed Mod but in the packages folder the 2 files doesnot have the sims balloon.Wht can i do now to have tht "fix invisible sims" option ? Please help me out . My version is 10.0.96.

Looking forward for a solution Asap. Thnks
In the Arena
retired moderator
#154 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 2:58 PM
You mean you don't see the Nraas menu when you click on any Sim, any computer, the City Hall?

The appearance of the file icons in Windows Explorer is not important. What is important is - is the framework setup properly? Is the Intro video still playing after you've setup the framework? You've never used CC before this?

And we need to know the base game version, not Pets version as Pets won't ever get updated. Game Help:TS3_Patching Find Gameversionwiki
It should start with a 1 (versus a 10 for Pets).

If you need help with setting up framework, perhaps you should create your own Help thread. But before you do, when you do click on that 'New Thread' button, be sure to click on all links provided especially on how to setup the CC Framework properly. If still not working, then post with all the information the FAQs asked for...and pictures.
Test Subject
#155 Old 23rd May 2012 at 9:50 AM
1. Which game(s) do you have?

All of them excluding Master Suit stuff.

Any sims that I try and travel to a location with disappears. I have a save file on their home lot, which reloads without issue. anytime I travel to a World Adventures location, they disappear allow with their sim panel.

No icon. The sim panel is completely blank, like I somehow am playing in China/France/Egypt with no sims.

They simply do not show up in the panel while in a travel location. Sometimes, the sims will take a minute loading and showing their pictures in the panel, but it seems to correct itself and play perfectly for me as long as I'm in the home world.

Yes. so far, I have only had this issue when traveling to China for the most part. For other locations, usually just reloading my home save and retraveling to the location fixes it and the sims show up. My favorite family, who has a visa level of 3 and own a house in china, can't seem to travel there anymore without their panel's disappearing. Them and the house that I designed in China do not load anymore.

7. How many traveling?

With the before mentioned family, I have tried it with both just the female, just the male, and both of them together. They do not show up in any case.

They are married to each other.

China. The world itself loads, but nothing else does. If it's important at all, I had an adventure going when I had been to China with the same family previously that told me to go to France. As soon as I safely got to France without issue, the quest seemed to clear itself. I was trying to return to China to make sure I had completed the quest when, obviously, the revisiting didn't work out too well.

10. How many days?

I don't even get a day. Everything just disappears once I arrive and the edit town option responds as if I choose to edit China from the home world as in, it responds like I do not have an active game or family.

11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?

NA

NA

No, I'm not. I've been warry of such heavy mods out of fear of it messing up my game, ironically.

EA Story Progression.

Yesterday. Literally, I have never had this issue before. I'm currently running the game on a brand new laptop that I built to run the sims and I never even had this issue when I was running on my old desktop that didn't have the proper RAM for all of the expansions. The only error I had then was error code 12. I have not had any save errors on this new laptop. I'm able to travel several times to a location before the empty sims panel error starts popping up.

Simply traveling. Before I choose to travel, I make sure that none of the sims on the lot are doing anything.

17. What things have you tried?

So far, I haven't been able to find much information about how to fix it. I've tried clearing my caches, shuting down the game and restarting my computer and then reloading my home world dave and trying to travel to the location again to no avail.

18. What worked?

Thus far, nothing I've tried.

19. What didn't work?

Thus far, everything I've tried.
Test Subject
#156 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 10:51 AM Last edited by TheForsakenDead : 19th Jun 2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Fixed Version/Patch Level
Base Game and World Adventures

Any that travel

Nope

Sims not shown and unable to access any of the Sims Levels (Hunger/Clean/Etc) Also, once in a new country, I am unable to select "Quit" because it does nothing, I have to use the Task Manager and force the game to shut down

Yes

7. How many traveling?
I tried just one and then two

Married

I tried all three countries

10. How many days?
I just got the game, 6 was the lowest with just one traveler

Never got that far

Never got to this point

I got DebugEnabler because of the help section

I got Twallan's because of the help section

Whenever I travel, I just bought the game yesterday (6/18/12)

Most were sitting and talking, two were at work.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, leaving without saving, rebooting after uninstall and then reinstalling, cleaning out the caches, basically everything but removing custom content.

18. What worked?
Nothing

19. What didn't work?
Everything I tried

I just want my game to work...it makes me rather sad that I can't even play the new game I got...I got it just so I would find the Sims 3 fun again since the bade game I've played everyone to full career and full every skill, I got bored...
Test Subject
#157 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheForsakenDead

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, leaving without saving, rebooting after uninstall and then reinstalling, cleaning out the caches, basically everything but removing custom content.

Addendum to #17:

I just tried removing all of my custom content, and none of that helped...the stuff I downloaded from the store (EA claims) is patched for the game, they said all of the stuff that downloads in the start up panel thing is good, but I removed all of that as well...I also removed all my .package files (actually I moved them onto a flash drive, but still) and I tried again (decided to do this because I wanted to see if maybe I could look them up and find updated verisons, but all of them said the verison I downloaded had already been patched up to the newest game (not the newest patch thing)) and nothing "Breaks" until I travel, all of the content that is custom works as long as I don't leave the town I'm in. I'm not sure if it's because of where I'm leaving from (Riverview) or anything, but all custom content removed (my sims are now all bald and in default suits) didn't help at all.
Test Subject
#158 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 9:53 PM

All expansions, last one Showtime

Base Game: 1.31.118.0515002
World Adventures: 2.12.8.009002
Ambitions: 4.5.6.009001
Late Night: 6.5.1.011031
Generations: 8.0.152.011001
Pets: 10.0.96.013001
Showtime: 12.0.273.015001

It depends on the time

Yes, always, but I click on the icon and there is no Sim

A lot: lags and crazy things happening on the game.

In the moment of the problem, no, but they have travelled to China

7. How many traveling?

3 of them, one of them alone the first time, a couple the next time

Family

They travelled to China, but they are now in Bridgeport

10. How many days?

2-3 days

The first time they returned earlier

Together

No

EA Story Progression

Today, when my Sims go to the fridge and they are upstairs

It happens when my Sims are upstairs and they go to the fridge

Copying the family in edit city and then pasting it on the house again

18. What worked?

That worked

19. What didn't work?

Changing the house didn't workerd. Copying the family worked, but the problem starts again and it's crazy to start over again, since sometimes it's not about the fridge, it's just going downstairs.

I added some community buildings from other worlds on Bridgeport and deleted some of Bridgeport ones.
Test Subject
#159 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 1:28 AM
Hey guys, I don't know if this will help anyone at all, but it helped a good handful of my friends with the same problem with traveling:

If you are trying to travel from Riverview, copy your household and their home and then put them in Sunset Valley.

Apparently, you can't leave from Riverview to travel the world, but since I discovered that and moved my Sims to Sunset Valley, I can travel to all locations with all of my sims without losing them at all.

Hope that helps a few people...If this isn't the thread to post this answer on, let me know, I'll put it else where
Mad Poster
#160 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 11:18 PM
All except for Sweet Treats and Diesel Stuff

None

N/A

Yes! The entire UI is missing.

Yes

7. How many traveling?
One

One Sim travelling is mother and grandparent to remaining family left in home world.

Egypt

10. How many days?
Three

Automatically when the vacation ended.

N/A

13. Are you using Twallan's MasterController+Overwatch+DebugEnabler or AwesomeMod?
AwesomeMod

AwesomeStory

In the last few days. My Sim returned home at the end of the vacation and when the home world loaded the UI was missing and there was no active household. Time was passing as normal.

At the time of the vacation ending, my Sim was exploring a tomb.

Exiting without saving, then reloading and attempting to return home again.
"Save As" whilst in the vacation world.

18. What worked?
N/A

19. What didn't work?
Reloading the save and "Save As"

The mouse cursor was acting as though I should be selecting a household to play once I returned to the base world. The only parts of the the UI, other than the mouse, that function are the cheat console and the save dialogue. The save dialogue will appear if I attempt to quick the game from the Windows task bar.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#161 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Yes

I gather you were not using [Traveler] mod ?

Quite the risk-taker, vacationing without that mod.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Mad Poster
#162 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
I gather you were not using [Traveler] mod ?

Quite the risk-taker, vacationing without that mod.

No offence, but I just cannot stand how your mods add an "Nraas" pie option to virtually everything you can click on. If those options only showed up when I had testingcheats turned on then I would be all over them, but as it is, no thank you.

Top Secret Researcher
#163 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 9:22 AM Last edited by twallan : 22nd Jul 2012 at 9:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
No offence, but I just cannot stand how your mods add an "Nraas" pie option to virtually everything you can click on. If those options only showed up when I had testingcheats turned on then I would be all over them, but as it is, no thank you.

A single menu added to the City Hall, Base Camp, and Computer, versus being able to successfully travel ?

Hey, it's your call.

Hopefully Pescado will locate the error and correct it in [Awesome] for you.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#164 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:01 PM
There's no need to even interact with the menu if you don't want to. Just let it do its corrective work whenever issues crop up and preventive work during its own routine. Just need to remember to turn off all the notifications that you don't want to be bothered about.

The other alternative is to start new games each time games get broken, uninstall WA or simply don't travel to WA destinations. It is all a matter of perspective and what would you rather do...

note to self - remember to update the wiki with [Traveler] mod and questionnaire and archive this old thread.
Mad Poster
#165 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 11:08 PM
I'm sorry, I'm just really OCD when it comes to stuff like this. I like my mods to run silently without any presence unless I want to see it (unless it's meant to be a visual change, obviously). I may try it out though and see if I can ignore the pie menus.
To be honest though, I'm not sure which I would find more irritating; a pie menu for a mod I actively use or a pie menu option that sits there with no intention of me ever clicking on it.
I'll shut up now because I'm way off topic and I feel that my comments are sullying the fine work that you do, twallan.

Test Subject
#166 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 1:22 AM Last edited by melissajoy : 24th Jul 2012 at 1:43 AM. Reason: Correction
Default Missing UI
All except for World Adventures and Fast Lane, Sweet Treats and Diesel Stuff Packs

None

N/A

Yes, the entire UI is missing.

NO. WA is not installed.

7. How many traveling?
N/A

N/A

N/A

10. How many days?
N/A

N/A

N/A

13. Are you using Twallan's MasterController+Overwatch+DebugEnabler or AwesomeMod?
No, I have zero mods installed

EA's base story progression

In real life, about a week ago.
In game, I had started a new game on a fresh install without WA and had played for about 2 hours. Saved, next time I opened it, UI was gone.

I believe she was at work at the hospital (or on her way in a taxi).

I have tried the F10, Tab, removing all custom content, disabling official EA store content, deleting cache files, resetting all sims in the world using "resetsim *", quit without saving and reloading, quit with saving and reloading, using DebugEnabler to "forceHUD", did a complete uninstall/reinstall with updates

18. What worked?
Nothing.

19. What didn't work?
Everything I listed in #17

This problem started for me with a legacy I'd just started, probably 20 hours or so into play. I tried everything in 17, and couldn't get it to work. So I completely unistalled everything, and did NOT reinstall WA, as this seemed to be a cause of a lot of problems with this (I was not traveling then, either). Now I have a clean install with no CC, disabled EA store content and no mods, was playing a new game for 2 hours in Starlight Shores, saved, and upon reload the UI won't reappear. Everything I provided above was about this new game file. I can't restore a backup, because I've only saved once - the backup is the same file. Anyway that anybody could help me would be very very appreciated. After a week of trying and failing to fix this, I'm close to just uninstalling it for good. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#167 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melissajoy
I have tried the F10, Tab, removing all custom content, disabling official EA store content, deleting cache files, resetting all sims in the world using "resetsim *", quit without saving and reloading, quit with saving and reloading, using DebugEnabler to "forceHUD", did a complete uninstall/reinstall with updates

Have you tried installing [ErrorTrap] ? http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

In the Arena
retired moderator
#168 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:17 PM
No, I have zero mods installed

EA's base story progression
If you have no mods installed, please, for the love of God, try the suggestions in the Wiki and install the recommended mods!! The questionnaire is intended to help us pinpoint the issue if the mods are in place but yet do not work and the issue remains...

If you would rather not use 3rd-party mods, then I'm afraid you have to live with the issue and keep starting new games whenever the issue recurs and wait for EA.

Those are the options we are left with since EA still has not fix this.
Test Subject
#169 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 8:55 PM
Thanks for your quick responses. I have installed MasterController, Overwatch, DebugEnabler and ErrorTrap. My UI is still missing. ErrorTrap shows me the number of errors it's finding, but doesn't do anything. DebugEnabler will allow me to use "forceHUD" now, but it exits into Edit Town and shows the lot my sim was on as unoccupied. She is still in the sim bin, unaltered from when I made her (so without the game progress). Do I need to do yet another clean uninstall/install?
Scholar
#170 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 7:48 AM
Twallan, I cant begin to thank you enough for all your genius mods. Your mod overwatch saved my game when it kept pausing every 4 flipping seconds. And now its saved my game from the disappearing travelling sim glitch. (Sorry for being off topic but I came here to find help on this problem and found it)
Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 4:25 PM
ErrorTrap shows me the number of errors it's finding, but doesn't do anything.

You should follow the instructions regarding [ErrorTrap] and upload the logs to my site for review.

Test Subject
#172 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
You should follow the instructions regarding [ErrorTrap] and upload the logs to my site for review.

I apologize; I hadn't seen those instructions. I appreciate your patience. I found the logs and will be uploading them ASAP.
Test Subject
#173 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 5:18 PM
I managed to fix my issue!

My game is patched up to 1.36 (i believe), I have all the expansions up to Generations.

Now, I was playing two sims in Riverview, brother and sister. Brother has a rabbithole career, but the sister is an adventurer. She has done to China and Egypt twice, and France once already with no issue.

The sister just got home from egypt, and the brother was invisible. Well basically, he was supposed to be at work still, but I couldn't select him, his icon on the side was completely gone, but his picture was still in her relationship tab. I tried resetsim, didn't work. I then downloaded Nraas debugenabler and tried it on city hall to fix invisible sims, but it did nothing. Then I used testingcheatsenabled true, and forceHud. and that did the trick. Once i reselected them as active household, there he was standing on the porch, but i managed to retain all relationships and opportunities. He lost the promised wishes, most likely from resetting him earlier, but it's a small price to pay! I was worried I would have to get the sister to redo ALL those quests in other worlds. Oh, he seemed to have lost the guitar from his inventory too. Oh well, either way, i can play them again!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#174 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 1:08 AM
Yay! Someone who followed suggestions.
Thank you for the positive feedback, Nikkular.

If you haven't got the Traveler mod (also by Twallan) yet, next time you can test that before traveling to a WA destination again. Then can compare if it needs a manual intervention after the "Go Home" action, with the "forcehud" command in cheat console, when that mod is in place. Versus before you had it.
Test Subject
#175 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 4:20 AM
1. Which game(s) do you have? All EPs up to Showtime.
2. What game version/patch level? I am patched to 1.36
3. How many sims are missing/invisible? All or none. The interface is missing.
4. Do they have an icon or not? NA
5. Do you have any UI issues? Yes, I load into the save file and the UI is missing. It does not zoom to the family I have been playing and I have no idea if the game clock is running. This problem began after playing for a few hours last night and then the game crashed. When I tried to reload the game, I am in an overhead view of the map and there is no interacting with rabbitholes or my sims' house.
6. Were the sims traveling? No
7. How many traveling? None
8. How are all travellers related? NA
9. Which country are the sims in? NA
10. How many days? NA
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over? NA
12. Returning together or separate? NA
13. Are you using SuperComputer Twallan's MasterController+Overwatch+DebugEnabler or AwesomeMod? MC and various other Twallan Mods. Just installed ErrorTrap and Overwatch after reading some of the comments in this forum.
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? Twallan's story progression
15. When did the issue start? Last night on the next load after the game crashed.
16. What were your sims doing? At the time I was waiting on a performer to show up via SimPort and though it said he would come on Monday he didn't show up that Monday so I was playing through to the next Monday. At the moment the game crashed, I had one of my sims go to visit another family I had placed in the neighborhood. About the time he arrived at that house, it crashed.
17. What things have you tried? I have tried reloading, removing all CC and mods, resetsim, F10, installing overwatch and errortrap
18. What worked? Unsolved problem
19. What didn't work? Everything, as far as I can tell.
Page 7 of 8