Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 11:04 PM
Default Ceiling problem
Hi,
Never poster here before, but hopefully this is the right category and stuff.
I have a major problem with my game. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong!
I cant place ceiling tiles! I have never really expolred it but I know something is wrong. The button "45 Degree View - G" is not working at all (aka nothing happens when I press it)

I have tried the following:
Removed my camera mod, trying to pus ceiling on without 45 button (doesn´t work either) I have even reinstalled Apartment Life, and still no luck.

Yes, I have a heavy modded game, but I cant think of any that would mess this up.
What in the world am I missing?
Please help!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 11:17 PM
You have ceiling view turned off.

And this would be better in the help section

Edit: This icon needs to be green:

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
#3 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 11:30 PM
from my understanding, the ceiling setting would need to be on in order for the 45 degree view to work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
You have ceiling view turned off.

And this would be better in the help section

Edit: This icon needs to be green:

Wow, I am an idiot...
Thanks for the quick reply, this was driving me crazy
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 1:36 AM
A lot is going on with this game and we all get confused sometimes. If you look in the thread called "What did you discover today while playing Sims 2," you'll find that people who've played since the game came out are still discovering things they hadn't seen before.

And everybody gets tangled up sometimes, because nothing this complex can be intuitive to everybody all the time. This is why we have another thread called "Stupid/random questions," for questions that you don't expect to generate a lot of discussion.

Welcome to the board, and we all hope you'll hang around having fun with us and this marvelous game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)