Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 4:02 PM
Default What are the Goodies doing?
Both are unemployeed and they're making stuff for a living: Granny sews and Grandpa builds car. They have them resided in a "Modern Masterpiece 3BR 2BA".

What do you have Goodies do or be?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:49 PM
If you mean these: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Goodie_family I don't use them other than as stand-ins/extras for storytelling. I needed a few older sims for some screenshots, and these two were perfect. They haven't found any other uses in my game.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:14 PM
They just moved into a Victorian town house in Downtown Pleasantview. They're living next door to the Newsons and they fancy bringing over home cooked meals for the kids to eat.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:58 PM
I moved them into an apartment alongside the Newsons, Julien Cooke, and one of my own families. They keep pretty busy. Faith accidentally got into an affair with their roommate, though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:14 PM
They're still in my bin.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:31 PM
Accidentally? Lol, how come?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:33 PM
I messed up the ACR settings on them.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:50 PM
The Goodies of Drama Acres founded my retirement home, Townie Hall. The Goodies of Strangetown run a boarding house. The Goodies of Widespot adopted the Newsons and have just seen Ginger and Gavin off to college.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:42 PM
The Goodies in SimHampton have been there several times. The most memorable occasion, they nearly divorced, but their adopted daughter Dorothy brought the couple back together (Appropriately, she learned "Couples Counselling" shortly before that process was completed, and though she didn't use that skill specifically with her adopted parents, she did use it on a different couple). Faith later became a famous philosopher and her popularisations of cutting-edge philosophical discussions remain compulsory reads at university and highly recommended by... ...pretty much every other non-fiction book-reading Sim in SimHampton. Herbert was less well-known but still highly sought-after for teaching a variety of subjects, and eventually became the honourary Dean of SimHampton University.

My current installation of Sims 2 is in French, so I get the Bonnots in my neighbourhood now. They live in a nice bungalow with a huge bank of bay windows, near the centre of town. It's interestingly placed, between the cluster of habitable caves and the under-construction spaceport. They've been pretty quiet so far.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 11:04 PM
The Goodies have been living a very full life, first by adopting two kids, then by studying and working, then by teaching skills to plenty of young minds (Herbert taught Ginger Newson how to cook and clean and logic to Gavin when they first moved in). They live in the retirement subhood now and are often seen at the Unemployment Center. They serve meals, play chess with other sims and are beloved in the community (Herbert is perhaps a bit more beloved because he quite often is sneaking into photo booths with a variety of female pixels).
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 11:18 PM
Sometimes they foster the Newsons, other times they adopt a little boy (it's always been a boy so far, though I don't make any effort to make it that way). When not involved in childcare, they're perfectly happy skilling. Herbert occasionally gets a job, but Faith is always a homemaker.

In Sheffield they fostered the Newson kids, all of whom are now doing pretty well. Garrett and Georgia changed their last name to Goodie when they reached their teens, as Faith and Herbert are the only parents they've ever known. Georgia's a Gavigan now, having married Isaiah, but Garrett will carry the Goodie name into the next generation. In Belladonna Cove and the Victorian hood, they've adopted; in Carr's Crossing I've placed them in a downtown house but not played them in yet; and in Lost Valley they're still in the bin.
Alchemist
#12 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 11:30 PM
do not yet have Apartment Life.

I think I might merge them with the Newson household in all neighborhoods.

Prima Guide tells that they have job levels 4 & 9 but does not specify any career or job name; those columns are blank.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 11:36 PM
The Prima Guide is wrong. They always have no jobs and no skill points when I've used them.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#14 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 12:55 AM
how do you merge them with the Newsons?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 1:02 AM
The merge household feature that came with University. Move one family into a house, return to neighborhood view, move the other one in as well.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The Prima Guide is wrong. They always have no jobs and no skill points when I've used them.

It's particularly dumb because Herbert's bio specifically says this:

Quote:
Bert has always wanted to travel, but his job kept him quite rooted to the city where he was born. Now that he is no longer encumbered by employment, he gets to live out his dream!

I usually randomize their skill points and cheat in a few career levels and then retire him to have it make more sense.

Also, judging from their bios, I used to think they came with Bon Voyage (remember, I jumped from Nightlife to all the EPs and SPs).

Forum Resident
#17 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 2:22 AM
I don't play Maxis families anymore. Last time I did, the Goodies adopted a horrid little brat of a girl who was never happy. The Goodies had no skills and were too old to get a decent job so it was all they could do to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads. The girl grew up and moved out and never looked back. She acted like her aging adoptive parents were strangers. That was OK, they got a little dog and lived the rest of their days happier than when they were working hard to be parents.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Instructor
#18 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 2:23 AM
They're enjoying their new youthfulness, since I aged them down to adults. I wasn't expecting them to be so good-looking when younger! Haven't played them too much, but so far, they're ascending very quickly in their jobs (Herbert is a scientist, Faith is a businesswoman), and are saving some money to travel with their twin children when they grow older. Can't put the Newsons with them though, their house has just the right size for 4 people, and since Faith got pregnant with twins AGAIN... At least there's a lot of space to expand that house...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:02 AM
As their bio suggests, they wanted to travel. So I made them travel all the BV destinations.
Scholar
#20 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:14 AM
The live in an apartment in Pleasantview with a dog they adopted. Faith is often seen walking the dog in the neighborhood.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
#21 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 8:21 AM
They are hidden in an obscure folder in my computer with all the original stealth 'hoods. When I played them, I gave them a biological child since I didn't wanted their genes go to waste. I don't remember exactly what happened to the kid, but he or she wasn't a nice person at all.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 2:16 PM
The found a blessed object that spouted a genie. This allowed them to age down, which was handy because they won the baby lottery and needed to procreate. Then they illegally procreated and had quadruplets, all while they were living in the Down on Your Luck Hostel (which if love, thanks forever, Jo). Since that time, they moved to the bin (I rotate families in and out).

But, their oldest son, October, is doing quite well. He's married and has a couple of legally sanctioned children. He's also quite nice looking.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 5:25 PM
They were foster carers in one of my megahoods. They looked after the Broke children before they moved on to their adoptive parents Regan and Cornwall Capp.

I can't remember what I did with them in my new megahood. I think I gave them the Crittur pets.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#24 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 5:28 PM
They adopted a dog and travel to the Beach..., I want to make them adults, based on some post here, maybe I will do it soon...
Mad Poster
#25 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The merge household feature that came with University. Move one family into a house, return to neighborhood view, move the other one in as well.

But wasn't the Newsons already 8 people? I can have large families, but they have to get to know the Goodies and move them in. I've worked them so many times, often taking over when there are no parents (or incompetent), or adopting, like others do.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 1 of 2