Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:05 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:06 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default One household won't load (mostly!) SOLVED
One household (two sims) at my university refuses to load. It's a regular house (not Greek house or dorm) and the two sims are premade playables from the converted Four Corners hood (I attached LGU to Four Corners and moved both teens there when they were ready to age up). They've made it through one semester and now this particular household refuses to load. Other lots I've tried load fine; it seems to be just them.

I tried entering debug mod and loading the lot, hoping for an error I could reset, but no error popped up. I tried removing all CC (except essential mods) but their lot would not load even with all CC removed. I then tried moving them out of that lot and back into the same lot, which resulted in the lot hanging at the exact same place on the loading bar at the top of screen. I've now tried moving them out of that lot and into a different lot, and the whole loading bar went across (so I thought it might actually work!) but it's now stuck like this:

I'm not sure how long it's reasonable to wait for a lot to load, but I've waited several hours once with no progress. I use windowed mode, and right now the game is sitting in the background on that exact screen and clicking on it does nothing - even using alt + tab won't switch to it (the only way I can see it is minimizing everything else).

My game is in fact fully patched.

I can't help but think I somehow managed to break this particular sim (Madison) by editing her wants in SimPE. She's had an odd glitch since she was a teen where her locked wants would randomly re-roll when she was on a date, and when it happened again as a YA I thought I might as well just go put the "reach level 9 of Cleaning" want back in with SimPE, because I've edited wants before on other sims without any issues (and she was so close to fulfilling it as well!). I've tried to load her up again in SimPE to see if I could undo whatever I'd broken, but the hood refuses to load in SimPE (I've tried several times).

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:51 AM
I mentioned a problem like this before. It usually happens when one sim has a kink somewhere in their person, like a wrongly-attributed memory/inventory or, in one of my other cases, borked genes from my tampering. I guess there's something off about the SWAF now, since all of the issues seem to stem from this one household. I was able to narrow it down by teleporting the suspect over and quickly going over their panels, but you already have your suspicions.

Does the Hood Checker come up with anything? What does SimPE say when it refuses to load the hood? I find that I usually have to load up Object Workshop to get it running properly, though that might be irrelevant in this case.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 8:06 AM
Hood Checker currently shows absolutely nothing, but I do run it on all the hoods I've played each time I shut down the game. I'm pretty sure it caught a few things after the last time I played this hood, but yeah like I said it currently shows nothing at all for this hood.

OMG, loading the Object Workshop first apparently worked because it loaded the hood now. It hadn't been saying anything before when I tried to load it, just sitting there for hours "loading" and clearly not doing anything at all.

But ok so this is interesting (and a bit terrifying). Loading up her wants and fears produces two error popups and the wants and fears panel is, um...non-existent.

I know this looks different in different versions of SimPE, but this is not what it's supposed to look like!

Looking through her memories, she does seem to have a few weird invisible tokens in there too, but I'm not sure what to do about any of those?
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:56 PM
The obvious answer is to restore from a backup if you can. Otherwise since neither the game or SimPE can open her Wants and Fears you'll need to delete that SWAF file from the neighbourhood. The game will rebuild them and gradually rebuild a history for them.
To open a neighbourhood file quicker and more reliably in SimPE first turn off Display Filenames in the Extras tab, once the neighbourhood is open turn Display Filenames back on then select any family. That prevents SimPE from loading everything else while opening the neighbourhood.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:57 PM
The game generates a lot of tokens and gives them odd owners and tags at times. It's not necessarily a problem. TBH, you can't really tell anything much from stuff in memories and I wouldn't delete tokens unless you're very sure you know what it is (which means opening them up).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The obvious answer is to restore from a backup if you can.

My most recent backup is from November 4, 2017. It's not hugely far back, but it's far enough back that I'd much rather not have to restore to that point if I can avoid it. It's before I sent my teens to college or played any of my college lots at all. Also, since Maddison's wants have been wonky since she was a teen, I'm a bit worried restoring from a backup would simply result in this same thing happening again.

Otherwise since neither the game or SimPE can open her Wants and Fears you'll need to delete that SWAF file from the neighbourhood. The game will rebuild them and gradually rebuild a history for them.

So how do I do that? @Chris Hatch I've tried Googling, but I can't find anything helpful.

To open a neighbourhood file quicker and more reliably in SimPE first turn off Display Filenames in the Extras tab, once the neighbourhood is open turn Display Filenames back on then select any family. That prevents SimPE from loading everything else while opening the neighbourhood.

Thanks, that's really helpful to know!

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The game generates a lot of tokens and gives them odd owners and tags at times. It's not necessarily a problem.

Oh, ok. That's good to know. Thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
TBH, you can't really tell anything much from stuff in memories and I wouldn't delete tokens unless you're very sure you know what it is (which means opening them up).

I'm not sure what you mean by "opening them up."

Edit: Figured out how to delete the SWAF (in SimPE neighbourhood browser; figured I had a backup already so if I broke it worse I could revert to that) so my sim is playable again. Thanks all who helped! Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue of her locked wants randomly re-rolling when on a date and moving between lots. Sadly that is still happening, and I suppose I'd have to make a new thread about that. But anyway, I can play her and the whole hood now which is exciting, so I'm happy!