Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 6:03 AM Last edited by Scribbler3900 : 17th Sep 2013 at 3:48 AM. Reason: I can't sleep
Default Lot Floating, lifted and sunken lots.

Encountering strange lot floating and sinking and does not fix whenever a the lot is deleted and replaced? I haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong, anything would help.

SOLUTIONS
  • Rebuild routing data, replace lots and confine the lot's boundaries
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 7:05 AM
You could try exporting and then importing the terrain height map (reconnect any bridges afterwards). If that doesn't work, moving the lots a tiny bit might do it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 7:11 PM
I just experimented with that, and it did not work. This is driving me batty. I have recreated every lot at least four times to no avail... Is it the road gradation?
My routing does not have any errors.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 9:28 PM
That's odd. I have seen adjacent lots throw each other off, even when there is little to no slope between, but there appears to be plenty of room. Does the problem remain if you delete one lot and put a fresh copy of the other down?

I wonder what is causing that dark streak not far from the road.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 9:43 PM
There is a cheat code to fix that.

"SetImportedTerrainOffset (value)"

This is a very rare cheat code, and I am not sure why it is not more famous.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Scribbler3900 : 21st Feb 2013 at 7:45 PM.
Every time I place a lot it does this, the ground is 87% level across the livable plane too.

Profc, knowing that code would have been extremely helpful for me when I was placing lots in game before I created this world and every house made a mountain!

However, it seems like that is the use for that code and sadly did not help this situation

EDIT: I'm going to remove the lots by district, smooth the terrain, adjust the road grade, and test placing lots again. (So far this has not worked but decreases the frequency of a deformed lot)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 6:35 PM Last edited by Scribbler3900 : 26th Mar 2013 at 7:45 PM.
The problem persists. I've yet to find a real solution. As I've read, CAW barely handles even the slightest of hills, and many lots are close together, but the older version of the world didn't have this problem. Currently the tears are so small that they're nearly impossible to see unless you're viewing it in-game or underground, and laying new lots doesn't help this anymore. I wish could hire an editor of sorts.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 8:07 AM
Those are freshly-drawn lots, right? Not copies?

I ask because I had something similar recently, but with a lot that had terrain paint on it. It seems the terrain paint around the edges of the lot was keeping it from conforming with the terrain shape of CAW when plopped. That seems unlikely to be the issue here, but I figured I'd mention it because it looked like your image.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 7:46 PM
All fresh, but that's new information to me. How does terrain paint affect lot conforming? I'll have to keep that in mind.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler3900
All fresh, but that's new information to me. How does terrain paint affect lot conforming? I'll have to keep that in mind.
I didn't think it did, but a very stubborn seam finally did realign itself once the paint was off the edge of the lot. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe something from a recent patch. No idea, but that was the only change that worked.