Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6376 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:37 PM
That's odd. I'd take that to Site Issues.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6377 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That's odd. I'd take that to Site Issues.

It's ok. I finally figured out it was my browsers and not the site. I switched browsers and I haven't had an issue since.
Lab Assistant
#6378 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
if you have a wedding but the party is bad
just set fire to a tree
and the party is easily successful.

I want the whole story here!
Mad Poster
#6379 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM
just set fire to a tree

Don't do that if you have Pescado's firemod, though. Everyone will just run away and leave.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6380 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
stretchskeleton works in Create-a-Sim.

Is the value saved when you save the character in CAS?
Mad Poster
#6381 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:15 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 13th Sep 2018 at 10:53 PM.
Spectral assistants aren't immune to the effect of Tempus Interruptus.

Fruit trees can be stuffed into an inventory.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6382 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
Is the value saved when you save the character in CAS?

No, it isn't saved.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6383 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:20 AM Last edited by grammapat : 14th Sep 2018 at 3:22 AM. Reason: more guests
just set fire to a tree

=======
Or intentionally invite enemies; nothing like a brawl to entertain guests. And invite jestpetro & simsample; they sound fun.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#6384 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 1:39 PM Last edited by HCAC : 14th Sep 2018 at 6:47 PM.
I discovered that I was able to make a Sim more accurately in Sims 2 than Sims 3....
Sims 2 William Klunk (Col. Klink from Hogan's Heroes)

Sims 3...well, I thought I'd try and have more success the other day but he looks more like Doctor Evil from Austin Powers. I could not find the right clothes (German uniform) and he needs some other retooling...I could not find any decent WW II Sims 3 stuff despite all my digging...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#6385 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 1:52 PM
This surprises me not at all. All Sims 3 sims look pretty much alike to me.

Fun face: Werner Klemperer, the actor who played Col. Klink, was a Jew who managed to get out of Nazi Germany in time, and he absolutely refused all opportunities, scripted lines, and directorial suggestions to make Col. Klink sympathetic.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#6386 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:13 PM

Fun face: Werner Klemperer, the actor who played Col. Klink, was a Jew who managed to get out of Nazi Germany in time, and he absolutely refused all opportunities, scripted lines, and directorial suggestions to make Col. Klink sympathetic.

I'm a huge HH fan...(sorry I'm going to go off topic now).
Yes, many of the Germans/Austrians in the program were Jewish, as well as Robert Clary (LeBeau). He is the only one left of the cast still living. I just read his autobiography a few months ago. My favorite was and always will be Richard Dawson, though (Newkirk). That man was gorgeous when he was young. If anyone doubts it, either google him when he was married to Diana Dors or when he was on the Dick Van Dyke show (it's on Youtube) in the episode Racy Tracy Rattigan. Annoying as a character but swoon worthy. Also the original host of Family Feud in the 1970s, There was also a TelevisionAcademy.com interview he did before he passed away and I learned a lot about him. I think he was a misunderstood person (very complex) and a kind man.

Okay rant over...back to our regularly scheduled Sims posts.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Alchemist
#6387 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 7:54 PM
about successful parties; in my opinion, the best non-cheat/non-hack/non-mod way would be through lots of quick relationship-building socials toward the guests.
fires I imagine would be a distraction.
Forum Resident
#6388 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:50 PM
For the full picture of what happened:
Two of thesims in my mega/uberhood was getting married
Outside
In a thunderstorm
And like after the cutscene the party was still bad
And like a few seconds went by
And lightning strike
The tree went on fire
And the party went from bad to super in no time as the guests started panicking and using the shower in the house
I stared a bit though to notice how the guests thought the fire made the party good ---’
Apparently the citizens hate peaceful marriages but love a good fire???

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6389 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 1:43 AM

Another fun fact: His father was Otto Klemperer, who was a world famous conductor and composer. He fled with his family from Germany just as the Nazis came to power. He later returned to Germany to live after the US refused to renew his passport. Never returned to the US.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6390 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 6:11 AM
Apparently the citizens hate peaceful marriages but love a good fire???

Are you sure the fire was an accident and not a disgruntled wedding guest who was sick of attending boring weddings? XD
Mad Poster
#6391 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 12:51 PM
Sitting in a car, or at least The Smoogo Minima, doesn't seem to restore comfort.

Mad Poster
#6392 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 2:32 PM
If you change the category a wall is in using Homecrafter, it vanishes from all the walls you had it on in-game as if you had removed it.

This is likely to be a major annoyance for me...

Mad Poster
#6393 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 2:43 PM
Fire jets have a risk to set a Sim on fire who's roasting marshmallows?

Mad Poster
#6394 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
about successful parties; in my opinion, the best non-cheat/non-hack/non-mod way would be through lots of quick relationship-building socials toward the guests.
fires I imagine would be a distraction.

The guests actually run away - so there is nobody to hold the party with
Mad Poster
#6395 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 7:44 PM
That's if you have firemod.

On the topic of parties: If a party host dies, the party sometimes continues. I reloaded the game.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6396 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 8:20 PM
If you change the category a wall is in using Homecrafter, it vanishes from all the walls you had it on in-game as if you had removed it.

This is likely to be a major annoyance for me...

Yes, it is annoying but when you edit in Homecrafter, what you're doing is making a new wall (every time). The wall gets a new ID number. You can edit with SimPE though off the top of my head, I can't remember the details (I have them filed somewhere).

Huh Bulbizarre - someone dies - NOT A BAD PARTY ACTUALLY.

Sims

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6397 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 9:54 PM
I've also noticed that a fight breaking out invariably causes the party score to go up.

Lab Assistant
#6398 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:38 AM
I have never seen the wish , "Counselling a bad relationship" until now. This showed up right after I had my sim learn couple's counselling.
Just found out Playing on an overlooking tower .
I should play sims2 more. Haha

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Mad Poster
#6399 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
That's if you have firemod.

I always liked the description for that. XD

Visitors finding your house to be on fire will immediately declare this to be somebody else's problem and find an urgent and pressing interest in being elsewhere, rather than going into aspirational failure....after all, why should they care...unless they are on FIRE?
Test Subject
#6400 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 5:46 AM
Watch out for those Cowplants on the Secret Society lots - one of the nonplayayble members tried to milk it (I think) and got eaten. (I wasn't watching that corner of the lot, so caught the action too late to stop it.)
Page 256 of 445