Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 2:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Black console in Create A World
I've got all EPs, SPs and some of the Store Content but no mods or CCs from anywhere else.

I just got a new laptop, so there is no save data whatsoever. I downloaded the Sims 3 Create A World tool after I installed all of my games and store content, and it works well except when I go into Edit In Game mode, where if I go to "Edit Town", then try to edit a lot, Edit Town, Buy Mode and Build Mode all turn black and I cannot see the options (e.g., if I'm in buy mode I can't see the options to go from sort by room to sort by category and can only see the odd icon, like counters but not lighting as an example). Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, installing a different version (1.67 patch compatible, but that kept coming up with a message and wouldn't run at all, so it looks like I have to use the 1.69 version as that is the latest patch I have and seems to give my game no issues), deleting cache files, but nothing seems to work. Any idea why it looks this way? In my normal Sims game it doesn't do this, it is only Create A World's Edit in Game that is affected.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 4:11 PM
If you are on 1.69 note: Did you update to the new version of 1.69 and CAW? The Original 1.69 broke CAW, but that has since been addressed with a new version of Patch 1.69 and an updated version of CAW itself. For more details, see the EA forums. Sorry, I'm not on 1.69 but took a quick look over there to see if I could find you a link but could not. I'm sure someone else in here will be able to help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:16 PM
Yeah, I do.

Okay, somehow, I fixed it. I have NO IDEA how I fixed it. I wish I could help others on this site, but it seems all I do is post about my problems. This is the first time EVERYTHING has been all right. What I think may have done it is these steps.

>Click Edit in Game
>Edit in Game mode loads to "live mode"
>Click "Edit Town"
>Go to "..." and select options
>Options should appear as normal, don't change anything
>Click Apply Changes
>Select lot to edit
>Click build/buy symbol
>All should appear normal

I hope this isn't just a fluke and it does work from now on for anyone else who has this problem. I may be back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 6:56 PM
Ok, it was just a fluke. It is still doing it and I have no idea why because it doesn't do it in the normal Sims 3 game.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 8:27 PM
There's been a lot of reports of people with 1.69 npot being able to use Edit in Game even with the updated CAW and even if CAW is otherwise functional. I just get crashes with EIG, though, no funny graphics. Currently I'm just planning to skip EIG, and make a world with everything else in place and empty lots, and then import the game to place the lots. I'm building the lots in a builder's world and saving them to the bin to prepare for that time.
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 8:55 PM
If you have all of the TS3 EPs SPs installation discs and you have downloaded the Superpatch 1.67, you don't need 1.69, just download the CAW compatible with 1.67 and stay away from 1.69, you can download CAW compatible with 1.67 here : https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2016 at 10:30 PM
I've tried using the 1.67 version with the superpatch and it does not work for me at all. It won't even load CAW.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th May 2016 at 11:49 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 9th May 2016 at 1:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadyZoolander
I've tried using the 1.67 version with the superpatch and it does not work for me at all. It won't even load CAW.

You need to download and installed the CAW for 1.67 if you haven't done so, there are two versions of CAWs on the link above, one for 1.67 and the other is 1.69 (patch 1.67 compatible; is about 171 mb in size, if the one you have is less than 171mb, that's not CAW 1.67 compatible), if your game now is 1.67 then you need to uninstall the CAW 1.69 first and then install CAW 1.67 you've just downloaded.

I suggest uninstalling your game completely and start new clean TS3 re-installation to remove 1.69 if you still having the same problem, quick steps for re-installation:

1. Install TS3 BG
2. Patch your TS3 BG to 1.67 with superpatch 1.67.
3. Set your graphic setting accordingly, tweaks GraphicCards.sgr when necessary if TS3 don't recognize your video card.
4. Once you're done setting up your GPU (that includes FPS limiter or Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner installed), test run TS3 with new game (unchecked "Automatic Update" to prevent automatic updating to 1.69 if you're launching the game via launcher), go to edit town and exit the tutorial and then exit the game.
5. Install CAW 1.67, set up FPS Limiter to run for CAW, set up Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner for your video card to run EIG in CAW
6. Test run CAW
7. Install all your EPs, SPs, CC and mods.
8. Test run TS3 and follow by CAW after that.
9. No more 1.69