Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 12:37 AM Last edited by Howabominable : 6th Sep 2016 at 2:12 AM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Infinite loading screen on fresh install/no CC
Decided to start playing again after a two year break. Installed the game and all of the EPs/SPs I have. The game runs fine but when I go to load a neighborhood/create a new game, I get an infinite loading screen. I have zero CC, store content, or custom content installed. I haven't even installed the modding framework yet. I tried clearing caches even though there was nothing to clear, tried repairing the game and the EPs through origin. I remember having this issue years ago when the individual EPs were not fully patched, but I can't figure out how to patch them (they're all at 1.0 right now). The super patcher says that the game isn't installed on my computer when it clearing is. The base game version is at 1.69.43.024017.

EDIT: I'm working on loading the game 1 EP at a time. So far, it appears that the hang-up happens whenever I try to enter a neighborhood with Ambitions activated. I'm working on adding the rest one at a time to see if it's the only culprit.

EDIT2: Installed an FPS limiter and the game seems to be loading now. Not sure if coincidence, but oh well. Now to slowly add mods, and by slowly I mean about 300 at one time because I have no self-control.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DxDiag.rar (11.4 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
The base game version is at 1.69.43.024017.

Oh no! The wicked 1.69 patch strikes again!

If you have a physical version of your base game released before September 2012, install that version (after uninstalling EVERYTHING and cleaning up your registry). Then use the SuperPatch to update to 1.67. Then desactivate your internet connection, disable auto updates from the Launcher and install all your EPs, etc (these can be any version, you only need a physical BASE game). If you have 1.67, you don't have to update your EPs / SPs individually. I strongly recommend that you avoid 1.69 at all costs. It'll slow down your game noticeably and create all sorts of problems.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 2:11 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the original disk is long gone. I've moved twice since then and only have it through origin. Sucks!

Anyway, I installed an FPS limiter and that seems to have gotten it loading, I'll mess around and see how it plays with or without mods.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 3:41 AM
Right, they were all installed. I was just usign the shitty launcher to uncheck certain EPs.