Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 578 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Cannot install world (Hidden Springs, Riverview), Error message received: "Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again".
I recently installed the Sims 3 and several expansions on my 2nd computer through Origin, and used my points to purchase the world, Hidden Springs, from the Sims 3 official website. I downloaded the free town of Riverview as well from the same website. When trying to install both of these worlds, I encountered the error message: "Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again". I tried several times and received the same error message on each attempt.

As I mentioned before, I had just recently installed my game and expansions, which meant that my game was/is entirely up-to-date at this time. I did not have this issue with any other downloads and am unsure why I would be experiencing this problem, especially since these are not custom content worlds. Below, I've listed the specs of my computer and have attached a screenshot depicting the problem. Note: I am in no way a tech savvy person, so these details are copied directly from the specs listed in the control panel.

Edition: Windows 8.1
Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics -- 1.80GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 6GB (4.96GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th May 2017 at 9:11 PM
Just taking a guess here, Riverview is an old world and I'm just assuming EA is sofa king lazy that they didn't update it. So it probably doesn't recognize 1.69. Just a guess.

There's probably a legit work around or you can harass EA customer service. However, there's a manual work around. Download the sims3pack extractor and manually extract Riverview. You will have a Riverview.world file. Put this file in your World Adventure expansion "GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds" folder where you will also see Egypt, France, and China world files.

I don't know anything about hidden spring though. You can try it the same way as Riverview. If it doesn't work, put the world file in your TS3 user folder's installedworlds folder.

--

I also notice you only have 6GB of RAM. Though unlikely, perhaps you simply ran out of RAM when you were installing? Try closing browsers and whatever else is RAM hogging and try installing again. May work. *cross finger* if not, try the manual way I posted above.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.