Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 4:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I can't Install Create-a-World tool .. Or patch the game .. !
Hey everybody ..
I tried to install patches for my game a little while ago . but it didn't work ..
i keep getting this error when i open the patch.exe .. [ This product requires an installed copy of The Sims™3 . Please install The Sims™3 before installing this product ]
Same thing happens when i try to install Create-a-World Tool ...
I installed my game on .. E:\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ 3
Do i have to install it on C: . to make the patches and Create-a-World tool works?
Thanks for your help everybody !

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 4:49 PM
No... you don't have to install it on C drive.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 1:26 PM
Do anybody know what should i do?

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .

In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:35 PM
I can't comment on the patches as mine is installed to default path.
For the Create-a-World tool, choose Custom installation and you'll be able to change the default path to your preferred one.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
I can't comment on the patches as mine is installed to default path.
For the Create-a-World tool, choose Custom installation and you'll be able to change the default path to your preferred one.

Thanks . but the problem is ... i get the error before the installation starts .
i get it once i click on the installation Exe .
:/

shiny!
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:10 PM
What version of the game are you running right now?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:12 PM
You get that same error message when trying to patch and installing CAW?

How did you apply previous patches(via Launcher?)? So, you've tried running the patch .exe and it fails to recognize the custom installation path? Where did you download the patch .exe from? Do you have WA? And cannot patch that, also?
What Operating System? Game_Help:System_Specswiki

I wonder if the registry entries are messed up from multiple attempts to patch and install CAW? You can verify the Installation Directory your system recognizes from the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims" key and manually edit it to match the path in the E:\; if you have the confidence to mess about in the registry and you have Admin privileges to do so.
( Export the registry to backup before you edit anything Make sure you're at the 'root' - My Computer to backup the whole registry).

But if the registry is suddenly modified and different from your custom path from when you first installed it, also not a good sign?

Worse case scenario, you might have to reinstall the game to include the "Program Files" in the path? I dunno that it really needs that, though, as I'm sure other players have installed it to custom paths of various configurations...
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 10:10 PM Last edited by bella3lek4 : 6th Jan 2010 at 8:53 PM.
You get that same error message when trying to patch and installing CAW?

How did you apply previous patches(via Launcher?)? So, you've tried running the patch .exe and it fails to recognize the custom installation path? Where did you download the patch .exe from? Do you have WA? And cannot patch that, also?
What Operating System? Game_Help:System_Specswiki

I wonder if the registry entries are messed up from multiple attempts to patch and install CAW? You can verify the Installation Directory your system recognizes from the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims" key and manually edit it to match the path in the E:\; if you have the confidence to mess about in the registry and you have Admin privileges to do so.
( Export the registry to backup before you edit anything Make sure you're at the 'root' - My Computer to backup the whole registry).

But if the registry is suddenly modified and different from your custom path from when you first installed it, also not a good sign?

Worse case scenario, you might have to reinstall the game to include the "Program Files" in the path? I dunno that it really needs that, though, as I'm sure other players have installed it to custom paths of various configurations...

Oh my god !!!
It worked Thanks to you and to God !!
You are sooo amazing !
I Edited the registry files .. and i named the files as you did in the screen shot . !
And it worked !
It's actually working !
Thank you soo much !
You are so great!
I LOVE YOU! :lovestruc

---------------------
Edit:
Another problem ...
after i finished installing .. and opened the CAW .. it gives me .. The Current version of The sims 3 . Doesn't match the current version of CAW - BETA : Please patch the game to continue ..
I am using the original game version .. i don't have any patches .
Please help

In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:53 PM
CAW needs the game to be patched to 1.8.
Read the stickies before you attempt patching.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:52 PM
CAW needs the game to be patched to 1.8.
Read the stickies before you attempt patching.

Thanks ...
But something weird happened ..
when i tried to patch the game . it gave me the same error that used to get before .. [ The sims 3 is not installed .. Etc ]

Can you please search about the sims 3 files and Keys . in the registry files ..
please do me a favor and post screen shots about the keys / Files ..
or just write the information ..
i know this is a lot to ask .. but i really need help ..
Thanks

In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 2:54 AM
Ahmad, those keys' info are already on the Uninstall wiki Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:14 PM
I checked that forum . but there is no useful information about it ..
It's ok .. you don't have to bother your self any more ..
you can just delete this thread ..
i won't mind :I

In the Arena
retired moderator
#13 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 4:32 PM
As requested..I'll lock it.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: fixed, I think