Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 1:54 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 26th Apr 2016 at 4:37 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Question about FPS limiter usage in EIG mode in CAW [SOLVED]
Hi guys,

I’m currently working on my own custom world I made with CAW, I’m at the stage that I’ll need to spend more time in EIG mode, and since.. I did have bad experience playing TS3 without knowing that I need FPS limiter, now.. I think.. I’m a bit paranoid about using EIG..

My questions is about FPS limiter usage in CAW is when I’m in EIG mode, which one is more effective protecting my video card; FPS Limiter 0.2 or Nvidia Inspector? With FPS limiter 0.2, how do I know it also runs FPS limiter since it was the CAW that automatically executing the TS3.exe or TS3W.exe file? Because the way I have to set it up FPS limiter for the game normally is by setting up windows batch file or just use the one with 3booter, but I don’t think that the CAW will be executing the TS3.exe or TS3w.exe through that windows batch file nor 3booter..

And with Nvidia Inspector, though I know I can add CAW.exe to the profile I had set up, how do I know that the setup I made in Nvidia Inspector menu will also automatically be used by the CAW when it’s executing TS3.exe or TS3W.exe? Is there a way that I will know that my FPS limiter (whether is FPS limiter 0.2 or Nvidia Inspector) is working when I’m in EIG mode?

Or should I just pull out my nvidia card in my PC and use the onboard Intel vga instead? But how do I know it won’t screw up my motherboard then? My onboard Intel vga is still on the motherboard instead on the chip like the newer gen processor.., please advise me with this, thank you in advance..
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 4:37 PM
Edited:

Solved, I didn't know that ctrl+shift+c also works in EIG, so I typed "FPS ON" in the ctrl+shift+c box command, then the number of FPS shown on the top right corner of my screen, just as I thought FPS limiter is not loaded when in EIG, it does when editing in CAW but not when in EIG, mine was about 70 FPS just as is start with an empty world, so I just turn it off. So the best solution is to use Nvidia Inspector by adding CAW.exe to Sims 3 profile in Nvidia Inspector menu in my case.