Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 2:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default World that I created seems to be correctly installed but isn't showing in the drop-down menu when selecting a town
So, after MONTHS of hard work, I finally finished my custom world, Nestville, and when I clicked "Select World to Export" in CAW it came back telling me the process was successful. Great, right? Well, my second step was to actually install it in my game. So after waiting several days for EA to fix an apparent issue with logging in (that was preventing me from loading the world into the game), today when I discovered it finally worked I immediately went to "Uploads," where my world was, and clicked the button. That was also apparently successful. But then I finally started up the game, and went to start a new save file, and...the world wasn't there! I also tried to move a household from an existing save file into the new world. That didn't work either. I'd like to know why...I worked so hard on this!!!!

I'm running Windows 10 Home, with a 1TB hard drive, 16GB RAM, Radeon r5 m335 (from what I can tell it seems to work great), and I have the base game, as well as the following EPs and SPs: University Life, Seasons, Pets, Generations, Into the Future (not currently installed - waiting for a specific point in the story the new save file will tell), Showtime, Late Night, and High End Loft Stuff.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#3 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:39 AM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 25th Jul 2016 at 7:24 PM.
It's very easy to get the impression that you have to upload your world to the Exchange before you can put it into your game to test it, rather than finding the "Exports" folder in your Documents/Sims 3 folder and just installing the world Sims3pack that you find in there. This is why there are so many partial worlds there.

But IIRC, just Uploading it doesn't add the world to your game. You also have to download it and install it as you would any other Sims3pack.

Edit: Or you can skip the downloading and just install the copy that you should already still have on your computer, since I doubt that even EA would delete your uploaded file from your drive.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook