Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 3:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Road & one terrain paint turns to muddy brown only in EIG
Hey guys. I've been building a world for a few years and I finally got close to finishing and BAM, problem. I have several CC source textures and roads downloaded and have some of them in use in my world. I decided to reorganize my source textures folder and at the same time I downloaded some buy mode objects that looked better in my world. I opened my world in CAW again and immediately went to terrain paint and roads to reselect where those files were located. I saved my world and then opened EIG. I immediately noticed a drastic slow down in my loading time. I assumed it was the new CC so i got rid of it. That helped the load time but when the world finally loaded the center of my roads are this yucky brown as well as my pavement terrain paint I used under some of the urban locations. Now in CAW itself, they look fine and I can't figure out what is causing this issue. I'm currently still troubleshooting and trying to figure it out, but if anyone has any idea please help! I will post updates as soon as anything changes. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 4:26 AM
First, backup your CAW files and Sims 3 files:
Game Help:TS3 Back Upswiki
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

Then delete your game caches and CAW caches.
Game Help:TS3 GCCTSU 1 Refresh cachewiki
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
(Sorry to repeat that link again, but the instructions for backup and deleting caches for CAW are both in that thread!)

Next, open your CAW world file in S3PE. Locate the _KEY resource. Delete it and save (not save as).

Open the world in EIG. Does it look okay now?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 6:40 AM
Unfortunately that did not work. I'm adding a screen shot. I changed my road so now that is working, but now two of my paints are showing up as brown.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 7:15 AM
Changed a couple of the textures and deleted caches again....did not change the roads and now this is what i get...my sidewalks are the brown now. super weird.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 6:42 PM
I may have fixed it. I just reselected the same source texture for the sidewalks on my road. I also think I might have put some of the CC source textures in the wrong folder, I checked the sims 3 world tool folder under C drive and deleted the newer ones and now it seems to be working. No idea. Simsample, you are a hero for responding so quickly. You are always such a huge help. Thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 12:43 AM
Oh cool, you fixed it! Well done, probably CAW couldn't find the textures.