Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:27 AM
Default A wandering prophet quest bug?
I'm in final phase on this quest line; I need to demand miracle from wandering prophet Florian, but the guy is in forest and don't come out???!!! Several game days has gone buy and he is still in the forest.

Is this bug when this game too was rushed into market or do I have to do something to get him out of there?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:29 AM
I haven't got an answer for you, but so far every quest I've tried can't be completed or is glitched. Yay, EA!
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:43 AM
Is your game patched?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chasitykins
Is your game patched?

Yes I've patched the game before starting this quest so shoudn't be that what is causing it.

It seems that the quest is bugged. No matter how many sim days go by, the guy is in forest and cannot be interacted. Only option concerning forest is taking a stroll so that wont help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I haven't got an answer for you, but so far every quest I've tried can't be completed or is glitched. Yay, EA!

I know and understand.
I’ve been disappointed and irritated for years how EA treats their customers rushing these games out from assembly line – even when they have the money and resources to finish and polish those up. But it comes up to greed and how much company really values and appreciates their customers and consumers in general.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:14 PM
Yaaaah! I got this quest working again by using cheats. I assume it might work in other cases too.

This is what I did: sims install directory \GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\Commands.ini I changed TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1. You might need to get mark off from read only setting so you can save it after changes.

After all this I started game and shift clicked (left) and selected object and force reset. Immediately guy walked out from forest and I could continue and finish the quest.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellian
I know and understand.
I’ve been disappointed and irritated for years how EA treats their customers rushing these games out from assembly line – even when they have the money and resources to finish and polish those up. But it comes up to greed and how much company really values and appreciates their customers and consumers in general.

Not to crap on the thread but here is a surprising note.
I've been beta testing Darkspore, a new Maxis game for several months now. Not only have they listened to the testers feedback and made changes during the beta, but they have actually pushed back the release date to make additional changes we've suggested in the game play.
Darkspore has been the most bug-free thing I've ever seen from Maxis.
Maybe they should move that development team to the Sims side after they're done with Darkspore!
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th May 2011 at 12:14 AM
Default A wandering Prophet
i'm also stuck on this quest but i didn't get as far, i went the one true faith oath and i got to the part where i need to listen to the prophet only it wont let me. nothing i do seems to work. i went looking all pover the net for an answer even got on to EA live chat and was given a load of web sites i'd already looked through before contacted them, before being told to check on the forum.
Can anyone help, the only mildly useful thing i found said to activate testing cheats and advance the quest before deactivating them only promblem is the file to do that ;
(C:/programfiles/electronicarts/thesimsmedieval/gamedata/shared/nonpackaged/ini)

seems to not be on my computer. i'd really appreciate any and all advise or help to fix this thx,
lacthryn.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th May 2011 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lacthryn18
Can anyone help, the only mildly useful thing i found said to activate testing cheats and advance the quest before deactivating them only promblem is the file to do that; (C:/programfiles/electronicarts/thesimsmedieval/gamedata/shared/nonpackaged/ini)
seems to not be on my computer.

This mod here http://www.mediafire.com/?71xdjnbcirf7j7i will enable testingcheats so you don't need to find and alter the Commands.ini file yourself. It goes in Mods\Packages like other mods. The original link\description is in the thread titled "Mods", page 7 message #160.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/